I am very disappointed in the Canadian pricing. Even with the Canadian dollar higher than the American we are getting a higher markup than they gave us on the Maersk Container ship ($119 US, $139 Cnd).

Yet for the train is is still $119 US, but $159 Cnd. I really hope that is a typo in the release.

I will be buying two of them regardless, but may have to look into sourcing them from the US.

Nope. This is the correct pricing. It's the same price as the NinjaGo Fire Temple, which is $120 US/$160 Canadian. You could just get a couple from a USA Bricklink store, which, even with shipping, will be cheaper than buying from S@H. :angry:

Edited by prateek

Nope. This is the correct pricing. It's the same price as the NinjaGo Fire Temple, which is $120 US/$160 Canadian. You could just get a couple from a USA Bricklink store, which, even with shipping, will be cheaper than buying from S@H. :angry:

How about us Australians with an expected price of roughly $200! Our dollar is currently stronger than the US and we are still getting shafted! I know I'll be ordering mine from the US!

Talking about being cheeky......but check out the green engine eh ? :laugh:

5459493906_026723a362_z.jpg

Found this photo on Flickr while looking at fresh pictures of 3677.

Brick On ! :grin:

That's really interesting. It's the new Maersk train but in Burlington Northern colors! It's too bad the sticker for the diagonal stripe is off-color.

It does indeed appear to be a 9v motor. They probably just put it on so that it can run on the layout all day without worrying about battery life. It is, after all, much easier to add than PF.

I'm pretty surprised that a 9V motor was used. I mean it's clear why they used one, because recharging isn't necessary. However, TLC decided to add a product (the 9V motor) that is no longer produced instead of using parts that are still available. Indirectly advertising a product that can no longer be bought makes no sense.

The question I have is how the single container in the video is suspended above the void in the drop-away carriage without falling inwards. Are there going to be provisions in the set to allow this on BOTH carriages at the same time? or was this more MOC trickery for the purposes of presentation?

Cannot wait for this to be released. Seven years between nice, realistic, American-style freight locomotives is too long.

Unlike the Super Chief and BNSF, this time I'm going to be smart and buy multiples while they're still at retail price. Gave was too much money over to BrickLink and Amazon Marketplace on the last two.

Dear LEGO Company,

Thanks for charging Canadians $40 extra (33% more) for the 10219 Maersk Train despite the fact the Canadian Dollar has been at/near parity with the US Dollar for over a year. We really appreciate it when we get the opportunity to pay more for the exact same product for no good reason.

Sincerely,

AFOLs of Canada

Dear LEGO Company,

Thanks for charging Canadians Australians $40 $80 extra (66% more) for the 10219 Maersk Train despite the fact the Australian dollar is averaging an historical all time high against the US$. We understand about shipping and freight costs and all that guff, but come on, we live in a GLOBAL market now.

Sincerely,

AFOLs of Canada Australia

I've started making this set on LDD! Here's what I've done so far:

maerskwipcopy.jpg

Wonderful!

THIS IS IT. 18 freaking forum pages of drooling about the set. YES: Colors are nice. Stickers are nice. And: I will buy one - a couple of months after cool down. For sure. Traveling to the US in June so this is what I am shooting for. BUT:

This MOC is what I was thinking about the entire thread: WE can do this as well (in different colors) because it is all there! I was wrong about that gigantic tile on the engine; has been released before, BrickLink sells them in tons. Actually, I found one in my pile. Then, the split level base is next-to-nothing when compared to the TTX design; lets modify that as well and we have even nicer container cars. And this LDD shot shows us the right direction: Be creative.

And even better: Further down lightningtiger (THANKS! Made me feel good!) has found a photo of my dreams: WE CAN DO THIS AS WELL. It will not be whatever the colors are (I am color blind) nor won't we have the stickers right away. But if that considerable price tag is an issue: Make you own Maersk train.

The entire model is heavily based on the GP38 Layout released years before. Ideas are all up in the air, let us be creative and make as many different "Maersk" trains as possible. LEGO is about building stuff.

Thanks to all for sharing. All the best.

Thorsten

So is anyone aside from me wondering where they get those green modified tiles on the side for that one? I checked the Bricklink catalog and they don't appear to exist.

Dear LEGO Company,

Thanks for charging Canadians $40 extra

Dear LEGO Company,

Thanks for charging Canadians Australians $40 $80 extra

Okay guys: this is not the place for this. If you want to make a statement, I suggest you either write to LEGO or don't buy the product. EB is not the LEGO Company. I can understand the frustration but in a free market, supply and demand determines price.

It wouldn't be the first time TLG have used parts not otherwise available in producing a non-set creation for a display or otherwise.

Several of the items shown here

http://www.brickpile.com/2006/07/25/lego-embraces-moonbase/

use parts not otherwise available such as:

The large trans-orange dome on the Ice Planet module

This piece

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=52041

in pink, blue and green in the Hungry Hungry Hippos

The trans-red quarter saucer panels on the squid module

So TLG and their designers have a history of building "MOCs" (i.e. designs not intended for production as such, just to show off) using parts not available in regular sets.

In fact, I think the people who got to take that factory tour got to see the element room where all these special pieces were kept (and may have even gotten to take some home with them)

I have some trans-clear 2 x 2 round tiles that never existed in any set and may have come from the factory tour (or from the similar behind-the-scenes tour of Legoland) and then passed to me via a purchase from somewhere.

It wouldn't be the first time TLG have used parts not otherwise available in producing a non-set creation for a display or otherwise.

Unique non-production pieces also get made for the Legoland park models and for prototyping purposes. I'd guess the green loco is a prototype for the Maersk train. Perhaps the the promotional tie in with Maersk happened after this had already been built, so the design was re-colored.

Interesting to see from this angle that the 10219 has the same lights as the other 'leaked' train.

That's really interesting. It's the new Maersk train but in Burlington Northern colors! It's too bad the sticker for the diagonal stripe is off-color.

The green engine is just a model built like the 10219 Maersk one for display purposes, not yet another set to be revealed.

Tvice is better :wink:!

gallery_148_100_27172.jpggallery_148_100_22717.jpg

Keep on trucking.

gallery_148_100_16526.jpg

There will be 24 double cheese slopes in Maersk Blue.

This is just a containercar on Ebay.... but not an original 10219 car.... A car from the 10219 set looks quite a bit different!! :sadnew:

Brickshop Holland has the whole set though... search on Youtube for their video!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I've pre-ordered one, which is out on the 1st of April. (hopefully not an April fools' joke.)

Thank goodness it hasn't got the naff power set in it, as I've got a few 9v motors spare, and would be ideal.

Also swopped the PF motor in the City train to 9v - saves changing batteries and runs better.