10219 Maersk Train

The highly-realistic Maersk diesel-electric freight train has arrived!

A replica of the real engine that operated on the railroads of America, this Maersk train

features exceptional detailing and functions, such as opening driver's cab, removable

side panel revealing a detailed, 16-cylinder engine, and authentic Maersk branding.

The model also includes 2 wagons and 3 containers with opening doors (1 with refrigeration detailing).

The set also includes a shunter truck and detachable trailer for loading and offloading

the containers. Add LEGO® Power Functions to motorize!

• Containers can be loaded side-by-side or stacked!

• Includes 3 workman minifigures!

• Train measures 36"" (92cm) long!

• Building instructions include a historical description of the LEGO Group/A.P. Moller Maersk Group cooperation and a timeline of the products launched!

• Motorize your Maersk train by adding LEGO Power Functions #8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, #8887 Transformer 10V DC, #8884 IR Receiver, #8879 IR Speed Remote Control and #88002 Train Motor!

All images link to HR pictures which can be +9000.pxl

a_10219_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10219_box_side_200.jpg c_10219_detail_1_200.jpg d_10219_detail_2_200.jpg e_10219_detail_3_200.jpg f_10219_detail_4_200.jpg

h_10219_detail_7_200.jpg i1_10219_detail_200.jpg i_10219_detail_8_200.jpg j_10219_detail_9_200.jpg k1_10219_detail_200.jpg

k_10219_detail_10_200.jpg m_10219_detail_12_200.jpg n_10219_detail_13_200.jpg l_10219_detail_11_200.jpg o_10219_minifigure_1_200.jpg

all images ©2011 The LEGO Group and used here with permission!

Edited by GRogall
Official HR images added, Title Changed

This is now top of my 2011 want list :-)

After recently driving between Vegas and LA, Barstow Station at el... and seeing this the answer is YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Edited by roamingstudio

After recently driving between Vegas and LA, Barstow Station at el... and seeing this the answer is YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Oh and on some of the linked comments people asked about why buy multiples. A good example was a TTX train I saw on my way to Barstow Station - with 3 Union Pacific locos at the front - then another two in the middle - the train was about 2km long.

Edited by roamingstudio

Fantastic!!!! I haven't bought any recent sets; the only train I've purchased in years and years is the Emerald Night, so finally a great new AFOL train.

Ok... I lie, I have Hogwart's Express and TS3 Great Western Train sets, but I haven't bought any of the last few "train" train sets.

This will be a great addition to any city, I'm really impressed, although the engine looks a lot like the original BNSF with different colors... I'm good with that.

OH my! This is just... I don't know what to say... The entire set looks awesome, but a few minor things bug me

-It's an american style train (I just don't like them, but that's because I never see them here :tongue: )

-Is it possible to motorize this train with the new PF stuff (lights anyone?)

All in all it looks like a great set and a worthy follow up to the emerald night

Okay, according to Brickset, this was found at LEGO.com. I don't know where, I just read the news article myself. So, yes, it's real. BUT: It might just be a Maersk Employee exclusive. Another thing: Have we ever got TWO diffrent Maersk sets in the same year? And does Maersk even own a real railway locomtoive? Then again, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, should I? (Or in this case, a Gift LEGO set in the bricks!)

I heard rumors, but had something similar to the last LEGO Cargo Train in my mind. I didn't think the locomotive would be a diesel nor an American engine. This is sweet surprise! :wub: I love the Maersk colors, and that engine - a must have. Great set and it's nice to see the container cars included with the locomotive. Interesting to see no PF system or track, but the lack of track is fine, just want something to power it with. Maybe we'll have to go back to 9V. Either way, I love it! :thumbup:

EDIT: I read the comment about it being a Maersk employee exclusive on Brickset, but that looks like a personal opinion only, from one of the readers. Let's hope it's available to all.

I keep looking at the engine and the colors - fantastic, and different than the BNSF. Looks like some detail went into the cargo containers as well. Can't wait! :classic:

I heard rumors, but had something similar to the last LEGO Cargo Train in my mind. I didn't think the locomotive would be a diesel nor an American engine. This is sweet surprise! :wub: I love the Maersk colors, and that engine - a must have. Great set and it's nice to see the container cars included with the locomotive. Interesting to see no PF system or track, but the lack of track is fine, just want something to power it with. Maybe we'll have to go back to 9V. Either way, I love it! :thumbup:

EDIT: I read the comment about it being a Maersk employee exclusive on Brickset, but that looks like a personal opinion only, from one of the readers. Let's hope it's available to all.

I keep looking at the engine and the colors - fantastic, and different than the BNSF. Looks like some detail went into the cargo containers as well. Can't wait! :classic:

Hello new train set YESSSSS !!!!! and american Diesel it is a shame it is only a gp40 looking engine i would love to see a sd40-2 or a sd45

that engine looks amazing

look at the details it blows away the bnsf

the colors the cars I will be buying at least 4 of these just for my collection

No that's no gooddefault_angry.gif !

I'have to buy 3 of this,and that' no good for me!!

My lady at home maybe kill me,but....really a very good set!!

Come on Lego,made it for all not only for maersk company!!

It's for real! :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is so amazing, but I can't imagine the price and availability. Let's hope it will be easy for all of us to get our hands on. It has been quite awhile since we got such an amazing train like the previous Emerald Night. :thumbup:

It's real; it's in the image cache!

10219-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Rare Collecters are going to be pissed since there will be three maersk helmets in the set xD!

but I think it's gonna be super-overpriced.

Perhaps, but after paying $180 (USD) for the last LEGO Cargo Train (more of a City "play-train"), this would be more worth the $$$ IMO.

Simply fantastic! :wub:

This train is definitely a set worth getting. Maersk colours look absolutely beautiful on the engine!

This is terrific news! I missed the previous North American-style modern trains (BNSF, Super Chief...) so I am looking forward this one.

Just to give a little background information for those who aren't familiar with American railroading, Maersk is not a rail carrier as such, and doesn't own locomotives. However, the Lego model is still largely accurate in that over the years a couple of locomotives were painted in Maersk colours for promotional reasons. For example:

http://atsf.railfan....76blackwell.jpg (EMD SDP40F)

http://www.railpictu....1232674013.jpg (EMD GP60M)

http://www.railpictu....1151168400.jpg (EMD SD40-2 -- similar to the Lego model but 6 axles)

I must say that the Maersk livery looks terrific both on real-life and model locomotives, so I just hope that the livery doesn't rely on too many stickers to achieve a smooth look.

Edited by Fugazi

Thank you very much for this information and the picture, paul_delahaye! :classic:

This set looks really good! :thumbup:

Although I must admit that I'd have prefered a decent train station over a new train. :cry_sad:

I don't know whether I'll buy it if it is avaible since City has for me priority in comparison to Trains (and money is of course limited). But since it would surely fit very well with last year's Cargo Train, let's see.

On the one hand I could well imagine this set to be a to customers and employees of Maersk limited set (like e. g. the Vestas Wind Power Plant was). Reason: TLG would otherwise very supposably have to pay licenses.

Plus of course two Maersk sets in one year sound a bit unbelievable.

On the other hand TLG supposably has a/the license anyway (since they sell again the Maersk Container Ship).

Plus that there's already one Maersk set out this year, does not necessarily mean that there couldn't be another Maersk set. Besides, 10155 is no new set - so you can't count it as a new set.

If it's available for the general public, I bet that there won't be any PF stuff included and that it'll be 90 Euros/Dollars (like the Emerald Night).

If this is the case, I hope that there'll be enough place inside the engine to fit all the PF stuff without having to take out some of the interior. And I really hope that this time TLG thought about a decent "dashboard" for the train conductor.

So let's see.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

If this is available in Canada/USA, I'll definitely buy it. I won't care if it's even priced as high as $200, it is a beautiful set! My hope is it'll be in the $150 range at most, but even still it is very sharp-looking.

If this is available in Canada/USA, I'll definitely buy it. I won't care if it's even priced as high as $200, it is a beautiful set! My hope is it'll be in the $150 range at most, but even still it is very sharp-looking.

When you compare 10219 to 10194 you see that 10219 can't be much more than 10194. Maybe it'll be 100 Euros instead of 90 Euros, but more can't be if it doesn't include PF motor with battery box and rails. That to say: Even if it's without doubts a great set, imo more than 100 Euros wouldn't be worth for it.

Klaus-Dieter

Qu: How many 'exclusives' numbers (1xxxx) have been limited edition for employees of some company or another? I know the new Japenese submarine has a 2xxxx number, the Vesta Windmill had 4999, and Maersk (original)?

Certainly this model would *SELL*. There is no doubt about that - and if it becomes Maersk employees only, then it will be a real disappointment. However the nice 6 wide (?) containers (that means TTX must be wider) will be a welcome addition to the 7939 containers - they seem to be similar sized (small containers that is)...

One really happy person - who has to watch their pennies for UniMog and this...

Oh and checking the picture again - it seems the bogeys are un-motorised (the decal is too uniform) - so perhaps an upgrade feature like EN - especially when the new 7938 / 7939 powered bogeys are produced. Not sure where the power supply unit could sit (unless it too is custom coloured) - and the front nose could (potentially) conceal a IR receiver - hopefully with a suitably coloured grey base.

Edited by roamingstudio

Well, that came out of nowhere.

Very, very nice train indeed. At first glance the locomotive looks like a recycled BNSF, but there are bits and pieces there that I don't recognise. Nice to see more of that blue color as well, not to mention a yard tractor!

Reckon I'd start saving up, next to the new modular and the Unimog this year, this is one of the few sets that I really, really want.