Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

True, it always depends on what set you go with. I will want a much higher discount than that (similar to what B&N had earlier this summer). If I can be so lucky to see that again.

I get half off any lego on dec 14th.

On brickshop.nl you can buy a package deal of 5 of the 6 Hobbit sets with reasonable discount... (almost € 35,)

Ordered 7x Uruk-Hai Ballista today to somewhat strengthen the forces besieging Helm's Deep.

Where did you get them from? Are they selling them somewhere now, like an actual store or did you just get em from eBay/Bricklink?

Ordered 5/6 Hobbit sets off S@H, and scored 8 Mirkwood elves with the TRU BOGO50. Did anyone bother to get Riddles for the Rings? The gollum face is too similar for me to care, and it's an identical Bilbo to Barrel Escape. Just can't dig it.

I ended up getting two of every Hobbit set at TRU during the BOGO 50% off sale so I saved myself about 70 bucks off MSRP, or a little over 10%. I currently have 26 Mirkwood Elf polybags, with another 5 in shipping limbo from TRU (have a feeling this order will be cancelled). I plan on returning at least 5 of the polybags (10 if I get the TRU order, I bought more than I wanted during the BOGO to take advantage of the great price), or maybe selling them for cost to people who don't have access, haven't made up my mind yet.

Where did you get them from? Are they selling them somewhere now, like an actual store or did you just get em from eBay/Bricklink?

I got them from Ebay, for 5€ each.

Edited by Abu Dun

I just bought 8 Mirkwood Elf polybags, they had like 30 in Lakeland. My local store in Brandon is waiting for the Lego rep to display them later so I will check back later today and pick up some more.

I also ordered Shelob from bricklink, didn't want to pay for the whole set, it was 6.99.

Also I may get Uruk-Hai and Mirkwood Spiders later to take advantage of the sale.

I really want Barrel Escape but I may need to get that off the site and they don't honor the sale online.

My girlfriend just got me 10 Uruk-hai army's for christmas! So, that brings my total to 21 Uruk sets...and ill count total orks when i wake up :wub:

Wow, so many people getting all these cool Hobbit / Lord of the Rings sets, and I'm still scrambling to catch up with stuff released years ago. :sceptic: I didn't even know about the Mirkwood Elf polybags until this thread! :blush:

During Black Friday weekend I ordered 10193 Medieval Market Village from Shop at Home, so I finally have one now. I'd like to get another, but we'll see...

Just ordered An unexpected Gathering and the Orcforge at Amazon, to get those while the 20% discount for LEGO lasts.

My girlfriend just got me 10 Uruk-hai army's for christmas! So, that brings my total to 21 Uruk sets...and ill count total orks when i wake up :wub:

Where oh where did you find them in the US?

I already said this in the LOTR discussion thread, but I thought I'd say it here too. :tongue:

I just got Escape from Mirkwood Spiders and Riddles for the Ring. Spiders is the better set IMO, but I did like Riddles more than I thought I first would. Now I'm hoping to get those bigger sets by the end of this month. :wub:

I picked up a couple Pirates of the Caribbean sets today along with several Minifigures, including the Series 8 Actor.

I got 8 more Mirkwood Elf polybags leaving about 18 or so at the Lakeland store. It seems like nobody notices or bothers since they are left in the box on the shelf with a small opening from the front.

So my total is 16 and my diorama is full of them!

I also went right back in and bought Shelob attacks and Escape from Mirkwood Spiders. I really like the Mirkwood spiders and the Legolas and Tauriel minifigs but the Shelob spider while really intricate is a little too big to fit in Mirkwood.

I used Legolas and Tauriel as fodder by adding MIrkwood elf hoods and using their hair for other Mirkwood Elf guards. Also used Tauriel's daggers and bought about 6 daggers of time off bircklink to distribute among my Mirkwood Elves.

Soon I will order Barrel Escape since it is an exclusive and as much as I want An Unexpected Journey (Bag End) I may wait until it is on sale in a few months.

Somehow my local store lost two cases of Mirkwood Elf Guard polybags, I was so annoyed I made another 40min trip to Lakeland to pick some more to get my polybag fix. Seriously I have never heard of such incompetence and poor monitoring of inventory.

Oh and I finally received my Haldir in the mail and he looks really good. I will eventually get maybe 2 or 4 more to make some Galadhrim soldiers.

Edited by Mahtion