MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

Yes, one could possibly scavenge the boom from the 8049 Tractor with Log Loader set for use on the upcoming (2H2011) 8110 Unimog set.

8049-0000-xx-13-1.jpg8049-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

This tread is going quiet I think people are getting bored waiting for this ha,what country will normally release the setts first in July for 2h2011?

I don't remember whether or not somebody already covered this

:sceptic: as I have missed some of the action on this tread..

but I was looking at some photos on Brickshelf and I realized that the tires for the Unimog already existed, although they are certainly rare. They have only appeared in the Nitro Muscle in 2007 and there were only 2 of them in that set. I'm starting to think that somebody might have already noticed this :grin: but I'll post this just in case somebody didn't see it or if somebody hadn't already noticed it.

x1825.1217051029.jpg

I don't remember whether or not somebody already covered this

:sceptic: as I have missed some of the action on this tread..

but I was looking at some photos on Brickshelf and I realized that the tires for the Unimog already existed, although they are certainly rare. They have only appeared in the Nitro Muscle in 2007 and there were only 2 of them in that set. I'm starting to think that somebody might have already noticed this :grin: but I'll post this just in case somebody didn't see it or if somebody hadn't already noticed it.

x1825.1217051029.jpg

The New Unimog Tires have a completely different tread pattern.

They will look similar to this one:

32003.jpg

This tread is going quiet I think people are getting bored waiting for this ha,what country will normally release the setts first in July for 2h2011?

denmark?? :laugh:

Good point.. I didn't notice that. It just fit the correct rim size and looked roughly the same as I had remembered from looking at the picture a while back..

I've found some interesting news about the Unimog on a German online toyshop.

It is more expensive than the excavator!

Here is the text:

LEGO 8110 Unimog U400

This versatile Mercedes-Benz Unimog U400 you are up for any challenge! He is not only the largest Technic model - but also the first that combines pneumatic power functions and in a model. It is equipped with a pneumatically powered, fully steerable, almost 360 degree rotating crane with gripper arm and a front winch - all driven by power functions. The unique design also features a fully functional control system, a highly detailed engine with moving pistons, a new gear box for high ground clearance and four-wheel-drive and suspension for extreme off-road ability. Crane and winch can be converted into a giant snow plow.

With the combination of power and pneumatic functions you master the Unimog U400 every challenge!

• Pneumatically powered, fully portable crane with gripper arm - driven by power functions.

• Control of realism with 4-wheel drive and suspension for extreme off-road conditions

• Detailed engine with moving pistons

• New transmission block for additional ground clearance

LINK

I do not like the price, but I certainly LOVE the new picture. :wub:

I've found some interesting news about the Unimog on a German online toyshop.

It is more expensive than the excavator!

Here is the text:

LEGO 8110 Unimog U400

This versatile Mercedes-Benz Unimog U400 you are up for any challenge! He is not only the largest Technic model - but also the first that combines pneumatic power functions and in a model. It is equipped with a pneumatically powered, fully steerable, almost 360 degree rotating crane with gripper arm and a front winch - all driven by power functions. The unique design also features a fully functional control system, a highly detailed engine with moving pistons, a new gear box for high ground clearance and four-wheel-drive and suspension for extreme off-road ability. Crane and winch can be converted into a giant snow plow.

With the combination of power and pneumatic functions you master the Unimog U400 every challenge!

• Pneumatically powered, fully portable crane with gripper arm - driven by power functions.

• Control of realism with 4-wheel drive and suspension for extreme off-road conditions

• Detailed engine with moving pistons

• New transmission block for additional ground clearance

LINK

Almost 360 degree crane rotating :laugh: .

Anyway, it looks good (not the price :sceptic: )

And it still keeps getting better and better! I LOVE IT, REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS!

well, i like these tyres, thats why i recently bought 2 nitro muscles in an nearby shop. there were 2 nitro muscles starring at me... so i took em home :)

A dutch toyshop says it's available 30 July 2011, but another dutch toyshop says August 2011.

I can't wait.

Edited by legolijntje

155.54 EUR = 216.177 USD . Start saving your coins in a cookie jar for this set! This could be the most-expensive Lego Technic set ever.

LEGO8110_p1.jpglegomoney-6mm.jpg

Edited by DLuders

David, I think the S@H price will be 189.89 EUR not 155.54 EUR, so yes, the most expensive Technic set ever.

Edited by Povratnik

And, in my humble opinion anyway, the BEST EVER. Although you can't know for sure without actually building it. But I haven't been this excited since the 8480 space shuttle!

And who knows, maybe I'll make an Ultimate 8110 ... (with instructions) for all of you who (& me) want a fully RC model.

pls do that...I built your version of the 8043 and is great...

wish i had the space shuttle :classic:

does any one know what those red and yellow levers above the battery box do?

i would of thought that demmark would get all the new sets first as if am not mistaken lego is from denmark :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan