MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

I love what I've seen so far in the Unimog. It is exactly the type of set I would expect as a flagship model. I, for one, am glad that it is not all remote control. 8043 is a great set, but we don't need two remote control sets two years in a row. The only other thing I would like this model to have is a fake engine and 4wd. If the Unimog has both of these features, than I think this would be an almost perfect flagship model.

To be honest, I'm not expecting any working suspension. I would like to be surprised though.

I'm still hoping this set is under $200.

-Daniel

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! I WANT THE UNIMOG!!!!

When I first saw the post about next year's sets I'm like.. Really? I never thought Lego would create an awesome set like that so to think that I might be able to get that set.. AWESOME!

Hopefully it will be in my price range.. After buying the 8043 I had to think a bit about how much I could spend on Legos... so hopefully I can save up for it.. Seems likes it going to be a perfect set..

Here are some of the things I would like to see in the U400: (I am not saying that this will actually be in the set but its what I would like to see, or if I get the set, build into it.)

• All wheel drive
  • Three differentials
  • Suspension, at least on the rear wheels.. (Maybe using turntables.. if the set is that big)
  • A compressor
  • And stabilizers

But these are things I could and probably would add to the set.. But thats just me.

ideally the unimog set would have prototypical torque tube suspension, a ladder chassis, 3 locking diffs, and a functional gear box and a straight 6 engine, I doubt however, that the model will feature any of these with the possible exception of the engine, but so is the way with lego, like zap2012 said, at the end of the day this is primarily a child's toy. (to quote technicbricks afol's account for 15 percent of lego technic sales)

That said it's still gonna be a great set and ripe for modding too, if the model doesn't do or have what you want- change it! it is lego after all...

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! I WANT THE UNIMOG!!!!

When I first saw the post about next year's sets I'm like.. Really? I never thought Lego would create an awesome set like that so to think that I might be able to get that set.. AWESOME!

Hopefully it will be in my price range.. After buying the 8043 I had to think a bit about how much I could spend on Legos... so hopefully I can save up for it.. Seems likes it going to be a perfect set..

Here are some of the things I would like to see in the U400: (I am not saying that this will actually be in the set but its what I would like to see, or if I get the set, build into it.)

• All wheel drive
  • Three differentials
  • Suspension, at least on the rear wheels.. (Maybe using turntables.. if the set is that big)
  • A compressor
  • And stabilizers

But these are things I could and probably would add to the set.. But thats just me.

I can't wait any longer ether ha,why do they tease us like 8 months before it's due out ;(

If Lego made a huge supercar scale Unimog (1/8-1/10 scale), that would be possible to pack all the real funcionalities of a Mog. However with the current scale, it would be quite challenging.

Check this link if you want to know about the real thing, maybe to spark some ideas for features that can be implemented into a 'Technic Unimog' :classic:

As you can see the new mog is a VERY sophisticated machine!

http://www.unimog-international.com/content/unimog_int/mpc/mpc_unimog_website/en/home_mpc/unimogs/home/system_unimog/showroom_by_model/u300_u400_u500.html

Hopefully it will be great and i would like XL motor instead of M motor. It will be perfect if it will have (this is just my opinion):

-Complexity

-NEW Tires

-3 locking Differentials

-Suspension

-XL Motor

-Air tank anyone?

It already has some of these but still.

If i see it in shops i will buy it (hopefully it won't be expensive)! :classic:

I still can't believe it's orange! :cry_happy:

To me it is always the same with Lego Technic models. They look 'fat' on the box, but in real life always appear a lot thinner. It is not as good as i imagined.

Especially the cabin and interior is in need of more pieces.

Edited by Bricksonwheels

After seeing these Nurenberg-pictures, I'm 100 % sure that I will add this set to my collection. Having all these orange parts, pneumatic parts and new tires would be enough for me to get it. And who knows, maybe I'll make an Ultimate 8110 ... (with instructions) for all of you who (& me) want a fully RC model.

This is great!

AB-SO-LUTE-LY great.

A bad thing again is that we have to wait for six mounts to get our hand on this beauty.

(If TLG needs some beta-builders/testers for this model, i'm in!) :tongue:

If TLG needs some beta-builders/testers for this model, i'm in!) :tongue:

I'll volunteer as a Beta-tester as well, with pleasure !! They can contact me at info@jurgenstechniccorner.com.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

As I stated in the other Thread, this model must have Power-Take-of and Pneumatic-Take-of. In the B-Model this is used to power the snowplough. I think that in the A-model the winch is powered up with the PTO.

I have to admit I taught it would look a slight bit better and the wheels and tires just don't look anything like the real one,it should have the huge treads on the tires with black wheels,apart from that tho I love it as it's like the new 8868.

it seems that you are right. i guess they are 94,8x40 that would fit to a original fat unimog tire. only the pattern is wrong. A "V" pattern would be look better. the bad thing is, that they are too wide for a realistic looking truck. I think tlg will never get it in their Head.

Ok, the ugly thing have a suspension, and it seems that it have a torque tube chassis, but i think they have not used new parts for this.

As I stated in the other Thread, this model must have Power-Take-of and Pneumatic-Take-of. In the B-Model this is used to power the snowplow. I think that in the A-model the winch is powered up with the PTO.

Yes it has.

On one of the pictures where the model is built with the flatbed and crane we see a tube and pipe going forward so it is prepared for the "B-model". Also seems to be some lever changing rotation from back to front (the PTO). This is really good as people now can build some accessory from there own parts so it has functions both in front and back at the same time.

Edited by Aqualize

Thanks for the pics !

A few words about the model :

On the 4th photo, it seems there is a U-joint just on the left of the battery box.

Thus, I would not be surprised if there is a pendular axle.

It is strange to see that the 4th switch will be used for the B model.

The engine will be a L4.

One more thing : the roof seems to be stressed (not totally horizontal). Don't you find ?

What I find interesting is the tubing for the pneumatic functions in the front! In the pic with the battery box you can see a joint of the blue flexible hose to the grey rigid hose. I do not remember having this seen before on a model. Interesting way to do it and even ore interesting why there is a need to do it in this way.

fW

What I find interesting is the tubing for the pneumatic functions in the front! In the pic with the battery box you can see a joint of the blue flexible hose to the grey rigid hose. I do not remember having this seen before on a model. Interesting way to do it and even ore interesting why there is a need to do it in this way.

fW

I assume its because the B-Model is very similar, so its easy to change between A and B model setup without having to mess around with tubing...

Thank you Sariel for these awesome pics! It has almost everything i expected it to have. :thumbup: It's great! Now i just have to see it in stores and beat up my wallet a little :devil: and it's in my hands! :cry_happy:

Hey, 4th picture all the way to the left (the edge of the picture) somewhere around the wheel, is that a suspension? *oh2*

EDIT: 2nd pic also has some springs, just look around the wheel! :thumbup:

Edited by Stank

Does the Unimog have some type of new styled shock absorbers? they look silverish and smaller.

Or is that the older styled shock from the 8880 and I see a portion of it?

i think wee se the yellow (hard) Version of them

21.jpg_thumb.jpg

Black = soft

Dark bluish grey = medium

Yellow = Hard