MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

What would hinder replacing the 3 x 3 L-shaped liftarm by a 3 x 0.5 straight one placed vertically? I mean, the gear holder part is closed at the bottom to this reinforcement seems kind of useless to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.

To be honest I have never seen this actually used (at least not in an official set), and in my experience this is a very bad spur gear, because they frequently get stuck in one another.

I can only think of one, the 8000 star wars pit droid.

Got My Unimog built up. Very happy. just one problem anyone else have the issue with the cab off center and steering left isnt as responsive as turning right.

IMG_0508.jpg

Thank you

look at book two, step 19 if the ball pin is in the correct hole.

it looks as would it be in the wrong hole.

if not it must be an other problem with the pushrod

Edited by efferman

Exactly what I was thinking.

Well, very simple and straigh solution. Beautiful.

Makes you wonder what's the point for all that extra parts.

Cheers

To be honest I have never seen this actually used (at least not in an official set), and in my experience this is a very bad spur gear, because they frequently get stuck in one another.

It's used that way in the B-model for 8069. It doesn't perform too badly and I haven't had any problems with it that way. I also had the Pit Droid and that worked fine too.

Slightly more on topic, my Unimog's shipped today, I'm slightly jealous of those of you who got it early :tongue:

My Unimog's shipped today, I'm slightly jealous of those of you who got it early :tongue:

I'm still waiting to my salary. So i must wait to 10th august :c

For those who have 8110 as well as the 8868 Air Claw Rig, how do they compare in terms of play value? I have an 8868 (love it) which has similar functionality (minus the suspension and the winch), and I haven't yet decided if I should get this one too.

I taught blackbird or some of the experts on here would have made a rc version of this,it's weird there all keeping very quiet :) when 8043 came out last year there was great mocs and changes made.

I taught blackbird or some of the experts on here would have made a rc version of this,it's weird there all keeping very quiet :) when 8043 came out last year there was great mocs and changes made.

great mocs and changes needs time. no rc from me, but a few big modifications. this was only the beginning

5993222347_29f68ba6f5.jpg

8043 needed changes, 8110 doesn't need them so much, they are just desireable :grin:

How can you see if your Unimog is the "old" or the "new" type? Or doesn't that really matter, because I recieve my Unimog tomorrow. :classic:

I have finally bought a Unimog and this model is just awesome ! It's also my first pneumatic set so i'm in love for it ! Nobody speak over that, but lego have just produced new 16T clutch without guts (?). So, I think that this new parts can show if you own a new or a "old" Unimog.

I will take pictures of these new 16T as soon as I take it apart :)

8043 needed changes, 8110 doesn't need them so much, they are just desireable :grin:

the 8110 needs imho more changes. i list some points

design

chassis is wider than cab and platform....................................solved

Turning circle is to big..................................................solved

technical Key features

front and rear mechanical PTO could not work at the same time.............in progress

only one pneumatic PTO on front and rear..................................in progress

no pneumatic and mechanical PTO at the same time..........................in progress

no working steering wheel.................................................in progress

no slideable steering wheel...............................................maybe

no Control of the add-ons (snowplow ....) from cab........................in progress

i hope you understand me

I have finally bought a Unimog and this model is just awesome ! It's also my first pneumatic set so i'm in love for it ! Nobody speak over that, but lego have just produced new 16T clutch without guts (?). So, I think that this new parts can show if you own a new or a "old" Unimog.

Do you mean this Gear? (not a clutch)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=94925

Its been around since last year (8053&8043) though so you can't tell anything from it.

Mike.

Edited by Parax

No, I don't mean this gear. I mean this :

6542.jpg?0

But the new ones haven't guts ( if it's the right word ), I will take pictures tomorrow

Edited by GuiliuG

the 8110 needs imho more changes. i list some points

design

chassis is wider than cab and platform....................................solved

Turning circle is to big..................................................solved

technical Key features

front and rear mechanical PTO could not work at the same time.............in progress

only one pneumatic PTO on front and rear..................................in progress

no pneumatic and mechanical PTO at the same time..........................in progress

no working steering wheel.................................................in progress

no slideable steering wheel...............................................maybe

no Control of the add-ons (snowplow ....) from cab........................in progress

i hope you understand me

I do understand you, indeed the unimog has some things that could be better, like the turning circle, and changes that are desireable like a working steering wheel, but it does not need any changes in order to get the bloody thing working reliably in the first place :laugh:

Yes, I recieved this new type gears too :classic: .

Edited by legolijntje

I expected that already when seeing the instructions for 8070, that already did not show those little teeth. They would't make such a change if there were no reason to :)

By the way, does the new 16t clutch gear fit on a normal pin the same way as the 20t free gear does?

My copy of 8110 has old 16t clutch gears.