Important: Due to the recent update, the RCB has now moved to LDD 4.1 Extended Mode. If you have not yet built and do not have LE Mode up and running, I suggest you do so ASAP. I can send you a file in LU Mode if you need it, but this build does contain pieces from the 4.1 update and I don't know what will happen if you open it in LDD 4.0.

eblddrcb2banner.png

Organized by Burman and Brickdoctor with help from Superkalle.

Welcome to Eurobricks' second LDD Relay Community Build! Following in the footsteps of the first RCB organized by ADHO, we will be creating buildings from a classic LEGO theme. This build will be a collaborative effort to create a medieval village street based on the format of the Medieval Market Village set.

Rules and Guidelines:

Portions of these rules were borrowed from those of the First LDD RCB, written by ADHO15.

Even though this seems like a bunch of boring rules, this is intended to be a serious build, so do read them over before signing up.

Requirements

>This RCB will be built using LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode. If you have not unlocked it, please do so and ensure it to works properly prior to signing up.

>You must have a Brickshelf account and know how to use it.

>By the end of the build, the model will contain nearly 5,000 pieces. If you think that your computer will be unable to handle such a large model, please do not sign up.

Building Regulations:

>Each person can add up to 250 bricks. Use the brick counter to ensure you don't use too many bricks, otherwise I get to have some fun and delete portions of your addition. :devil:

>The general rule is that you can't alter bricks placed by a previous builder. However, if absolutely necessary in order to place some vital structural elements, you are allowed to move max 10 of of previous builders bricks.

>Use only bricks (in colors) that have been manufactured at some time by TLG. Use BrickLink for reference. Also avoid 'floating' of bricks.

>While it is okay to have corners and spaces between buildings, please keep the whole model attached. If you need more space, tack on a baseplate.

>As a general guideline please avoid use of BPPs, BURPs, and <insert that tiresome argument> pieces. That means use brick-built walls, trees, etc., even if it drives your brick count up. There are exceptions; refer to the Medieval Market Village set for examples.

>Please try to keep landscaping down to a minimum. A couple trees and possibly a river with bridge are acceptable, but the focus of this model is the village street itself.

>Following the style of the Medieval Market Village, each floor must measure 7 bricks tall, not counting the floor plates, 14 studs wide, no deeper than 8 studs, and no shallower than 6 studs. Each floor should also be colored black. (just the floor plates)

>Also following the style of said Medieval Market Village, each building should be open-backed and adequately furnished.

>Because it is the only non-fantasy castle torso print available in LDD, any organized military additions should belong to the Crownie faction (light bley and dk. blue colors; make sure the piece has been produced at one time by TLG). Any other armed minifigs should be portrayed as independent warriors.

>This is meant to be a peaceful scene. While armed troops are permitted to patrol the area or occupy buildings, try not to turn the whole street into a military outpost and keep the troops confined to the Crownie faction, with no violent scenes. (this includes burglary, raiding, and spies)

>Against my better judgment, this is a serious build, thus you are not allowed to set the RCB on fire. (or other similar inappropriate additions.) I reserve the right to remove anything that is inappropriate for the model.

>Just so our model doesn't end up looking half-finished, if you are one of the later builders, try not to start anything that can't be easily completed by the next builder.

>Provided that they do not violate one of the above Building Regulations, any design decisions are up to you. Just try to keep it looking Castle-y.

What to do on Your Turn:

1. You will receive a PM from me notifying you when it is your turn and containing the latest version of the model. While the model will be available for download to anyone after the completion of each turn, please do not begin work on your portion before I have sent you the PM, otherwise you might lose your work and/or things could get messy.

2. Download the file I sent you and add your bricks. Make sure you follow the Building Regulations. You have three days to complete and send in your model. If you do not finish in time, you will be replaced by a reserve participant.

3. The file I sent you will be named "EB_LDD_RCB2_Turn turn number". Rename the file using the appropriate Turn Number, upload it to your Brickshelf account, and PM a link back to me.

I've read and agree to all the rules and regulations- how do I sign up?

Simple. Drop me (Brickdoctor) a PM saying that you want to participate and agree to the rules and regulations. If you have a preference as to when you take your turn, also include your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for turn numbers. I cannot guarantee any particular turn. I will try to get you one of your top three choices, but understand that I can't make any promises. Also remember that I cannot be on EB 24/7 to close signups after the 20th entry, so even if you've PMed me, you are not guaranteed a spot on the roster until I send you a PM of confirmation. I wil, however, take the 21st through 25th entrants (if any) for the list of reserves. There is a limit of 20 builders, on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Turns:

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn0.pngOriginal File

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn1.png1. KingoftheZempk (built up first floor of bank and added outdoor stage)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn2.png2. efullner (finished bank, added perfume merchant's stand, and started a bakery)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn3.png3. private_lego (Finished bakery first floor; started bakery second floor)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn4.png4. CallMePIe (continued building top floor of bakery; populated model)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn5.png5. Piratedave84 (built first floor of armory)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn6.png6. Alopex (started second floor of armory; populated model)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn7.png7. Masked Builder (finished roof of bakery, finished armor, began butcher's shop)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn8.png8. Eskallon (finished butcher's shop)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn9.png 9. Zeya (added magician's(?) cart and tree)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn10.png 10. wmanidi (started stone building)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn11.png 11. Swiss Army Droid (continued stone building [now stained glass shop])

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn12.png 12. prateek (finished stained glass shop; populated model)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn13.png 13. alienwar9 (began church, well, and other side of the street)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn14.png 14. BasOne (reserve, replaced #14 Flare) (finished church)

Host Note: To make the model better to look at, the church was rotated 90 degrees to start a perpendicular street instead of the other side.

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn15.png 15. Burman (added church house, added stable)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn16.png 16. J4ke (started barracks)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn17.png 17. brickmack (reserve, replaced #17 cambookpro) (finished barracks, added sword vendor)

Host Note: Changes made to comply with LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode updates.

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn18.png 18. Fuzzylegobricks (reserve, replaced #18 Calabar) (began butcher's shop, added archery range)

Host Note: Again, changes made to comply with LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode updates.

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn19.png 19. Zblj (began mill)

eb_ldd_rcb2_turn20.png 20. Brickdoctor (finished mill, added river, tree, and bridge)

Reserves:

1. BasOne (replaced #14 Flare)

2. brickmack (replaced #17 cambookpro)

3. Fuzzylegobricks (replaced #18 Calabar)

4. The Legonater

5. KielDaMan

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to discuss here.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Thanks for setting this up Brickdoctor.

I will drop you a PM in a while but for now I just have a couple questions:

1. Will we each have to make our own building or will we just take it one by one and continue each others work?

2. Will we need to set it out like a flat street, (all in a row) or a square with buildings around it?

Thanks

Eskallon

I'd love to join in, Brickdoctor, but unfortunately my PC has a virus and so I don't know when I'll be able to use LDD again.

I always wanted to build the MMV, partly for just such an occasion, but the online instructions, like with many other sets, are too dark to follow properly.

In spite of these set-backs, I wish you luck with the project and hope it'll be as big a success as mine. :tongue:

And I see that when it's your RCB, you've suddenly lost your pyromania!

1. Will we each have to make our own building or will we just take it one by one and continue each others work?

250 bricks won't be enough to finish a building, so you'll just continue each other's work. Probably around 3-4 builders will be needed to finish a building. (750-1,000 bricks; MMV was 1,600 or around 800 per building)

2. Will we need to set it out like a flat street, (all in a row) or a square with buildings around it?

Up to you. Corner buildings would be really nice to see. Just don't make the square too pretty and shiny, since this is a medieval village, not Disneyworld. :tongue:

I'd love to join in, Brickdoctor, but unfortunately my PC has a virus and so I don't know when I'll be able to use LDD again.

I always wanted to build the MMV, partly for just such an occasion, but the online instructions, like with many other sets, are too dark to follow properly.

In spite of these set-backs, I wish you luck with the project and hope it'll be as big a success as mine. :tongue:

I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for your support. :classic:

And I see that when it's your RCB, you've suddenly lost your pyromania!

>Against my better judgment, this is a serious build, thus you are not allowed to set the RCB on fire.

Why do you think I picked Castle? No electricity means lots more fire!

So you wouldn't object to a few fire pits here and there? :tongue:

Good luck, everyone. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

So you wouldn't object to a few fire pits here and there? :tongue:

As long as it fits in with the medieval theme. If you decided to build that square, a bonfire in the middle with a bunch of peasants clustered around it might not be a bad idea. Other than that, there's lamps, torches, forges, ovens, etc. Just so long as it's a controlled fire that pertains to the castle theme. (i.e., no Saturn V rockets. :grin: ) Now I'm starting to sound like you.

Can I join? The first one was lots of fun. :laugh: Woops did not see the PM me part, Pm sent!

Wmanidi

Edited by wmanidi

I know what a BURP is (big ugly rock piece), but what is a BPP? A quick google search comes up short.

I'm looking forward to joining the build (PM sent).

I know what a BURP is (big ugly rock piece), but what is a BPP? A quick google search comes up short.

Big Pointless Piece. THe big 1 x 6 x 5 walls are a good example- they can drive the parts count down, which allows you to add more parts, but they just don't look that good. With a parts limit of 250, you won't be able to finish a whole building anyways, so you might as well do the one part you can finish well.

So how long will this take roughly? I'm asking because I've got exams until the 27th, so I might not be able to participate. :blush:

So how long will this take roughly? I'm asking because I've got exams until the 27th, so I might not be able to participate. :blush:

Probably a month build time, plus a week sign-ups and a couple days to sort everything out. The build probably won't start until the 25th, and you can opt for a later turn to push your turn into February.

Probably a month build time, plus a week sign-ups and a couple days to sort everything out. The build probably won't start until the 25th, and you can opt for a later turn to push your turn into February.

Alrighty then. Can I reserve any spot between 10-14, as my computer isn't all too good.

Alrighty then. Can I reserve any spot between 10-14, as my computer isn't all too good.

Sure.

Psst! You have to PM me to make it official. :wink:

PM sent. I followed the first one with interest, so I might as well have a go, eh?

PM sent. I followed the first one with interest, so I might as well have a go, eh?

I don't see any reason why not, as long as you can keep up with us veterans. :wink:

Great job organizing this Doc and Burman! :thumbup: I would love to participate again, even if I'm not much skilled in Castle/Historical builds. But in order to give other new LDD builders a chance to join, just list me down as one of the reserves.

Great job organizing this Doc and Burman! :thumbup: I would love to participate again, even if I'm not much skilled in Castle/Historical builds. But in order to give other new LDD builders a chance to join, just list me down as one of the reserves.

No prob, KDM.

Since my name is already down I want to wish luck to anyone participating in this, I know with everyone's input it will be a success.

Also, too anyone who is unsure about signing up. Give it a try, it can really open a new lego world for you and you will really enjoy it. :thumbup:

-Burman

I don't see any reason why not, as long as you can keep up with us veterans. :wink:

Ooh, Zing!

I've ben LDDing for years, thanks. :P

I've never participated in one of these before. I'd like to join, so sign me up. :grin:

You have to send me a PM if you want to reserve a particular spot.

I've ben LDDing for years, thanks.

I'm just kidding. But that's good to know. :classic: