15 members have voted

1. 1. How Would you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So after a week and a half my order from amazon finally came through and I am now the a clone battle pack and mandalorian battlepack (review coming soon).

So here's those vital statistics straight from TLG:

Item #: 7913

Ages: 6-12

Pieces: 85

•Includes 4 minifigures: clone commander, 2 bomb squad clone troopers and 1 ARF clone trooper

•Features 5 weapons!

•Includes BARC speeder

•Move the cannon turret!

•BARC speeder measures 6” (15cm) long, 3” (7cm) wide

And on with the review.

5367149347_7d4ff66253_z.jpg

Here's my order. We've all seen the box before so I didn't take pictures from other angles. One thing to note is that it is really glossy.

5367766746_bda7268b05_z.jpg

This is what you get when you open the box. That 2x12 plate was oddly out of the bag even though it can easily fit.

5367159129_d1483b6d78_z.jpg

The piece count feels fair enough. Lego is getting more expensive but for a small set the pieces, to me, are varied and plentiful. At the top we have our lone spare piece; the black 'droid arm'. Should come in handy seeing as they're not the sturdiest piece.

5367162111_591ae6f9cc_z.jpg

I put down the troops with what I think is the best weapon distribution. I gave the troops on pistol each seeing as they're primarily for disarming bombs so they should only need a side arm. I then gave our 'regular' horn company clone trooper a plain old blaster and the ARF trooper a blaster rifle leaving a weapon left over.

5367167447_18a6e85467_z.jpg

A close up on the bomb squad troops reveals the great detailing. My camera looses some of the vibrancy but the 'white' part of the helmet really is that colour. Not a bad figure in my opinion. I don't think the seperatist will even bother planting any bombs by the time most collectors add a few of these babies to their collections. :grin:

5367169613_bd0426f81b_z.jpg

Here's the highlight of the set for most people (I think they are all good in their own rights); the ARF (Advanced Recon Force) Trooper. Some people have been reporting bad printing but I think mine is near enough perfect. :classic:

I'm very pleased with the way the helmet turned out which is in my opinion better than any of the custom ones that I've seen.

5367782236_598cb832cc_z.jpg

5367784694_2cf1eba21d_z.jpg

Finally we come to the Horn Company Trooper. Thes'll be great when we get Eeth Coth in the summer but stand out as TLG's best attempt at creating a specific legion yet. I love the body but this loses points for the scratches on the helmet.

And on to the build...

5367787338_1d1ab1a259_m.jpg

5367179639_dd739d76ee_m.jpg

5367792752_1682b23fb7_m.jpg

5367185603_f1b070d0c1_m.jpg

5367188237_a6963bcb54_m.jpg

And the copleted model...

5367190973_29db1013ab_z.jpg

I absolutely love this design and is probably my favourite speeder that we've had so far. Much better than 2007 (see a copmarison below).

So here's the verdict;

Design 9/10

The best battle pack vehicle we've had in a while. Loses points for the fact that maybe a turret could have been included to up the playability.

Figures 8/10

Loses points for the scratched helmet and that some people find the lineup lacking. I understand that most people won't need THAT many bomb squad troopers.

Value 8/10

You won't get much better price per piece ratio in a small licensed set in a while, I'll tell you that! Still not ideal though.

Overall 25/30

This is a fine set that I see many people buying multiples of.

5367803766_79e1a9051a_z.jpg

A quick comparison pic. I know which one I prefer! :wink:

Edited by KingDom

Thanks for another review of this set, KingDom. While I agree that this BARC is better than the one in the '07 BP, I still don't like it that much.

Thanks for the review 'KingDom', I too prefer the new speeder to the 07 one....a bit more beef on this one ! :wink:

The best part of the set is of course the figures, all special....but we'll end up with lots of bomb experts eh ? :wink:

Thanks again and may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Great Review of this Set Kingdom :classic:

I actually unlike others have a gripe with the ARF Trooper unlike Others. I would have preffered a plain one than a Lightning Squad Member "Razor" Purely for Customizing purposes as it would be easier with a plain one but it was not to be :sadnew:

There should really have been two Of Eeth Koth's Troopers instead of two Bomb Squad as its more worthwhile to get a Legion of Those Clones instead of a Legion of Bomb Squad Troopers.

That BARC Speeder is Much Better than any of the OT Speeders and The Old Pathetic excuse for a BARC Speeder IMO.

Can't wait to get this Set along with the Mandalorian Battle Pack and Battle Of Naboo on My Birthday in 12 Days time (And Yes I do know I have them) :tongue:

The best thing about this set is probably the ARF helmet. I mean the other clones are cool because of their new deco and the speeder is a vast improvement over the old one. But the helmet is the real kicker.

Great review, thanks! I bought this for the ARF trooper, and ended up liking them all. The ARF helmet is much better in person.

Nice work! Your review would be even better if you made the pictures on a white background. You covered everything. :thumbup:

My thoughts about your review: It's very good, your pics are nice and you put a lot of info and details into it, such as writing specific thoughts about this and that and even comparing the speeder! I like it a lot but I have to agree with Masked Builder: just put a few sheets of blank paper on your desk and your review will look brilliant and super professional!

About the set: I don't like the old ski-pieces with the hinges that don't exist anymore since 10(?) years. Also in the E1 droid carrier, totally stupid those things. And then, why not 4 different figures, would it have been too expensive? A clone pilot would have been nice or a new Commando or something. I don't think it is too much asked for. Just another helmet. Also, the ARF should have had Camo but you can't have anything. 4/5 for me.

Another good review with excellent pics.

The set itself isn't anything extraordinary. I am not into clones and cannot say much about those 'bombad' guys. Armore is well depicted and the minifigs have printed legs. The BARC-Speeder looks good but it's the only special about this set. Not enough to make it recommendable for regular SW or LEGO fans. I rate it at 2/5 for 13 EUR. Fans of the animated series or 'clone fanatics' might add a point or even two if they know what this set is up to.

Another good review with excellent pics.

The set itself isn't anything extraordinary. I am not into clones and cannot say much about those 'bombad' guys. Armore is well depicted and the minifigs have printed legs. The BARC-Speeder looks good but it's the only special about this set. Not enough to make it recommendable for regular SW or LEGO fans. I rate it at 2/5 for 13 EUR. Fans of the animated series or 'clone fanatics' might add a point or even two if they know what this set is up to.

Here on Eurobricks you can post your own review of a set you want to review instead of tacking it on to the end of somebody else's like they do at FBTB.

Thanks for the review!

Amazingly, I still have yet to collect this set, even though I have been trying to get it for the last two months :hmpf_bad: . eBay and TRU really like their prices ($17 and $15 USD respectively).

I agree with Masked, white backdrops would have helped.

Re Ki-Adi, how is it logical to say you are not into clones and then say that this isn't a good set for SW fans? It doesn't really follow. The figs are MUCH better than the last battle pack we got, and have great detail. The BARC speeder is hardly the only unique thing about this set, all of the figures are new, and the ARF and the EK trooper in particular are spectacular.

Re Ki-Adi, how is it logical to say you are not into clones and then say that this isn't a good set for SW fans? It doesn't really follow. The figs are MUCH better than the last battle pack we got, and have great detail. The BARC speeder is hardly the only unique thing about this set, all of the figures are new, and the ARF and the EK trooper in particular are spectacular.

My wording might not have been clear enough, sry for that. What i wanted to express is that this is the least favorable set i own, especially when comparing to other battle packs. To me, the others simply offer more. If you are a fan of the animated series, you probably like the set. Since i do not - i cannot seriously recommend this. This is my personal view of it.

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi