74louloute

Guess who is in town tonight ?

5364037973_b0773dc903_z.jpg

5364036575_fed3820c39_z.jpg

5364035049_72c4ac81ed_z.jpg

_5_800x600.jpg_thumb.jpg

_4_800x600.jpg_thumb.jpg

_3_800x600.jpg_thumb.jpg

This my entry for the Jolly Roger Contest running on Forbidden Cove in the "Pillage" Category.

Floor pavement is (shamefully) copied from the amazing Legohaulic.

As always, the pics are clickable for bigger versions !

Hope you'll like it ! :pir_yoda:

I think its brilliant, the floor is an awesome design, but I think you also did really good with the water and multiple levels. It may seem basic to people who MOC a lot but I think it adds great depth to a scene.

Overall it looks great.

What a great build! My favorite aspects are

1. The small church in the middle

2. the flagstone ground

3. the Minifig sitting by the water; I've never seen that idea of just putting seperate legs and torsos next to each other before. Cool!

Do I spot a potential girlfriend for General Armendariz there? :pir-grin:

barrelz.png

Anyway, it's a very nice MOC. Almost no plain walls. They are all filled up with different details and techniques.

My favourite detail here is definitely the stained glass windows with the ship in it. Well done :thumbup:

I do prefer SNOT water above tiled water though. With tiles you see the lines between bricks more clearly. But the different shades are nice.

EDIT: you made it to the frontpage :pir-classic: [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Amazing MOC! I love the small church and the rock effect and the port are fantastic :pir-wub: Marvelous job whit this, this should be blogged soon as possible.

Do I spot a potential girlfriend for General Armendariz there? :pir-grin:

barrelz.png

Oh yes i think at we do spot his girlfriend there indeed. :pir-grin: Nice catch!

Captain Becker

Really nice work on this 74louloute! Even if you copied the stone technique, it still looks beautiful. :pir-wub:

The round tower is clever, because it is something different to look at. Another smart thing you did was to out the middle building at an angle. If that building had been straight, the MOC might have looked a bit too symmetrical, but this way it looks superb.

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the water. The transitions between the different colors looks a bit odd, because of the square shapes of the tiles. You might try altering the heights of some of the tiles, or adding a rock or two in the water, just to break up the repetitive pattern a little.

Overall though, I like this very much. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: