Praiter Yed

MOC IG-88

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Although I think mine is quite a bit different, Hopeso009's IG88 was a big inspiration for this build. If you ever see this, thanks Hopeso009 :thumbup:

Judging by the reference he would be better in dark bley, but most parts aren't available in that colour. A mix of dark bley and black might be possible though, hmmmmm, but for now, here you go...

01_ig-88.jpg

02-ig-88.jpg

Height comparison...

ig-88_height.jpg

Reference:

ig-88movie.jpg

NIce job. I think his body may be a little too skinny, though; it's the same width as his head in your model.

NIce job. I think his body may be a little too skinny, though; it's the same width as his head in your model.

Yes, he is a bit on the skinny side, but I liked the extra detail of the slot in the technic bush and IMO almost anything is better than the official version. I could thin out his head by removing the studs (his head is possibly a bit too tall anyway) but then he has no character whatsoever. Here's a fatter version I did about a year ago...

EDIT: Although strictly speaking his body is STILL the same thickness as the top of his head. This just seems more filled out. I prefer the new one though.

ig-88.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

How secure is the leg to foot connection? Seems like something that would break often.

I've done it many times, and I can say that with a small MOC like this one, it's very secure.

I like it a lot. His height is perfect.

Thanks

Very good looking! The feet are a bit large in my opinion but other then that he's good looking! :thumbup:

Cheers, It's difficult to get everything bang-on at this scale. Maybe I should have presented him as a SW / LOTR Hybrid - IG-88 with Hobbit feet :laugh:

How secure is the leg to foot connection? Seems like something that would break often.

Good question; it's surprisingly secure, for example when I took him off the base plate in the 1st picture, his foot stayed on (on him, not the baseplate :wink: )

EDIT: Looks like Brickdoctor beat me to that answer

Edited by Praiter Yed

Excellent little but evil creation 'Praiter Yed', height right even if the width isn't....just say he's been to Weight Watchers eh ? :laugh:

Cool work and I'll say it again, may the brick be with you ! :vader:

Very nice! Just a shame the legs can't be made more solid if you build him like that. :hmpf_bad:

Enpaz

Excellent little but evil creation 'Praiter Yed', height right even if the width isn't....just say he's been to Weight Watchers eh ? :laugh:

Cool work and I'll say it again, may the brick be with you ! :vader:

Evil? He's not evil, it's just the way he's programmed, it's not his fault :grin: .

A Droid going to Weight Watchers? ... Sounds like there's a 'single pane funny' in there somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback lightningtiger.

Very nice! Just a shame the legs can't be made more solid if you build him like that. :hmpf_bad:

Enpaz

Thanks Enpaz. The legs really are much stronger than they look.

Looks great! :classic: Overall I like this one better than your inspiration one, this one's built more in proportion and in scale of minifigs. I like the use of the halfpin's mold marks as details on the face aswell.

That's a very nice custom brickbuilt IG-88 minifig Praiter! Even if you took inspiration from Hopeso009, you still managed to put your own inputs for this modified version. It really looks much better than the official IG-88 figs and the height is relatively accurate to standard minifigs. Good work! :thumbup:

can you explain the connection between the head and torso.

I'm interested to know that as well. It looks like he used a pneumatic T-piece there, but that would have a bulbous part that would prevent the robotic hand from attaching. Is there an older version of this piece I don't know about?

Looks great! :classic: Overall I like this one better than your inspiration one, this one's built more in proportion and in scale of minifigs. I like the use of the halfpin's mold marks as details on the face aswell.

Thanks Tanotrooper, I was pleased with the marks on the face - I didn't realise they were the mold marks though :blush:

Love the head this way. :thumbup: :thumbup:

That's a very nice custom brickbuilt IG-88 minifig Praiter! Even if you took inspiration from Hopeso009, you still managed to put your own inputs for this modified version. It really looks much better than the official IG-88 figs and the height is relatively accurate to standard minifigs. Good work! :thumbup:

Looks really nice, quite accurate but it also has that 'lego feel' in it as well :classic:

Thanks guys.

can you explain the connection between the head and torso.

I'm interested to know that as well. It looks like he used a pneumatic T-piece there, but that would have a bulbous part that would prevent the robotic hand from attaching. Is there an older version of this piece I don't know about?

Hit the nail on the head there Brickdoctor. I used one of these - very handy.

4696a.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

Great job Praiter Yed :thumbup:

I found some inspiration in the past too from Hopesoo009's designs.

Your design makes IG-88 look very sleek, the head and body (shoulder and hip connection) are very innovative.

Although I never liked using that the foot connection, but I guess there isnt a real alternative.

Well done!

I think yours looks a lot more poseable than the LEGO version.

I like it.

The legs are more posable and the body / shoulders can rotate for maximum destruction, although It doesn't look like an actual IG-88 would do that. Thanks Big Cam

Great job Praiter Yed :thumbup:

I found some inspiration in the past too from Hopesoo009's designs.

Your design makes IG-88 look very sleek, the head and body (shoulder and hip connection) are very innovative.

Although I never liked using that the foot connection, but I guess there isnt a real alternative.

Well done!

Thanks Future74 - nice MOC's :thumbup:

This one's especially for you lightningtiger...

fat-ig88.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

Nice brick built IG-88, much improved from the TLG version.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks darth yogi.

I found this image which gives an idea of IG-88's height. He seems to be stood on a lower level to Dengar so would be even taller - my version could be the correct height :classic:

bountyhunters.jpg