gcanik

Cad Bane's Coruscant Speeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

[MOC]This is the Coruscant Speeder used by Cad Bane's Robot Gang in Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Evil Plans (Season 3, Episode 8). In the episode Todo 360 and HELIOS-3E kidnap C-3PO to take to Cad Bane for interrogation. The initial body design is based on Luke's Landspeeder (8092-1). The back of the speeder has been extended and the overall speeder has had a little more pizzaz and finish added to the overall body. In subsequents episodes of the Clone Wars there appears a dark red version of the speeder. Maybe a future build? BTW sorry that I don't have a Todo 360 in there yet, still working on that figure creation.

img_3893.jpg

img_3881.jpg

img_3884.jpg

img_3886.jpg

img_3885.jpg

Pretty good. Even though it's not that accurate as far as a Corusant taxi is concerned, I like this little adaptation of 8092 you've done. :classic:

Pretty good. Even though it's not that accurate as far as a Corusant taxi is concerned, I like this little adaptation of 8092 you've done. ":classic:"

It's not supposed to be a Corusant Taxi, it looks like it's this personal speeder(though correct me if I'm wrong)

Great MOC!!

Edited by Cad Bane

It's not supposed to be a Corusant Taxi, it looks like it's this personal speeder(though correct me if I'm wrong)

Okay, yeah, but Cad Bane's speeder is based on the Coruscant Taxi.

Why are you using HTML tags?

Okay, yeah, but Cad Bane's speeder is based on the Coruscant Taxi.

Why are you using HTML tags?

Yes, one of his speeders is a Coruscant speeder which is loosely based on the Coruscant Taxi, but this is a private speeder used by various people including Ione Marcy, Padme, and is seen randomly ridden by various background characters. Cad Bane just happens to use this speeder to capture C-3po in Evil Plans, and then transfer him to the Coruscant one.

As for the HTML, I have no idea. They only appeared after I posted. I managed to delete them though.

I was thinking exactly the same as Brickdoctor until Cad Bane left the link to a reference image. It looks like a pretty good representation to me and using 8092 as a starting point was a good idea. I imagine if TLG were to release a set based on this craft it wouldn't look dissimilar to what you have show here, well done.

Not bad speeder you have there 'gcanik' :wink: , sadly I won't see this episode until next year....yes next year CN show it 6 to 8 months after the US does, which kind of sucks ! :hmpf_bad:

Good work and may the brick be with you ! :vader:

Not bad speeder you have there 'gcanik' :wink: , sadly I won't see this episode until next year....yes next year CN show it 6 to 8 months after the US does, which kind of sucks ! :hmpf_bad:

Just so you know, all episodes are on StarWars.com for a while. Also on Cartoonnetwork.com, but they have less.

Just so you know, all episodes are on StarWars.com for a while. Also on Cartoonnetwork.com, but they have less.

You can only watch it in the U.S. though. I watch it on megavideo.com

As for the speeder, it looks pretty accurate, but the dark blue is what appeals to me. Great work :classic:

Very accurate! I love the engines, and the grey stripes on the CIS blue is great :thumbup:

You can only watch it in the U.S. though. I watch it on megavideo.com

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry.

I wish Lego made a set like this, a personal speeder used by the average Joe. Kind of like the small car and sports car are for Lego City.

I'm loving the look of this. I liked it in the show and love your Lego version of it. If you wanted to improve this just a tad (though not really necessary, probably a bit of work for not much. though it'd be more accurate) you could situate the seats closer to the middle, they're a bit far back. Though this was a problem with Luke's Landspeeder too, so it might be a bit difficult.

Also, what's up with the assassin droid's left hand in the 1st pic?? It's gray. Any particular reason, or just lack of parts?

I really like this speeder a lot, even if it is loosely based on Luke's Tatooine one, it has its unique Coruscant look - overall sleek design and 'modern' dark blue-grey color scheme that fits a City speeder well. Good job on this one gcanik! :thumbup:

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry.

I wish Lego made a set like this, a personal speeder used by the average Joe. Kind of like the small car and sports car are for Lego City.

I'm loving the look of this. I liked it in the show and love your Lego version of it. If you wanted to improve this just a tad (though not really necessary, probably a bit of work for not much. though it'd be more accurate) you could situate the seats closer to the middle, they're a bit far back. Though this was a problem with Luke's Landspeeder too, so it might be a bit difficult.

Also, what's up with the assassin droid's left hand in the 1st pic?? It's gray. Any particular reason, or just lack of parts?

Was trying to change up the color on HELIOS-3E, he is a mix of black and grey strips in the Clone Wars. Here is a link to his image: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HELIOS-3E

Ahhh... that makes sense. Cool idea. I just noticed the head and neck as well are gray. I always thought the Lego assassin droid was lacking in the accuracy department.

Ahhh... that makes sense. Cool idea. I just noticed the head and neck as well are gray. I always thought the Lego assassin droid was lacking in the accuracy department.

A lot of LEGO things are lacking in the accuracy department.

i take you have never heard of EZTV??

Season 1,2&3 upto episode 13.

Great work, I really like the dark blue color scheme.