Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOC: Fantasy Island: Island Bungalow

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The year is 1978...

A small boy plays with his LEGO seaplane as he watches television on a Saturday night. What is that alluring music that seems to captivate his senses. :wub: Must not be important, at least not as important as the building at hand. The Plane! The Plane! can be heard loudly. :classic:

My tribute to a an old classic, Fantasy Island (note: Hoola Girl and Sea Plane sold separately).

5359189270_47b95a513e_z.jpg

EDIT: Combine with Island Vehicle set for added fun!

EDIT: Alternate image with vehicle:

fantasyislandplayset.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

And yet another beautiful creation TheBrickster! I'm not familiar with Fantasy Island, and after a quick trip to google (below), I must say the house is very well-built and is really accurate to the real one. The minifigs used also represent the real characters well. As always, the photo-editing is top-notch! Wonderful job overall! :thumbup:

fantasyisland.png

Great MOC! It is very accurate and detailed, it looks just like the real thing. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

I love it! :wub:

Beautiful work TheBrickster! The building looks great and very close to the actual one and the selection of elements you've made for the minifigs is just perfect.

What I really like is the "poster". The photo editing, the selection of the colours you used and the addition of the hula girl, the seaplane and the palm trees makes it look just like a promo picture from the real life TV series. :thumbup:

You took me way back with this....Thanks! :sweet:

This is a fantastic building !

The Red-Wihite color sheme is fantastic !

And the editing is so sweet and cute !

Great job on the minifigures too !

Amazing Creation !

Edited by Geertos13

The minifigs used also represent the real characters well.

Thanks Kiel, and appreciate you sharing the picture; in fact, it was my inspiration image.

In re. to the figs: I wanted to use the suit from Indiana Jones 7682 Shanghai Chase with black bowtie for Tattoo, but I've got the box under a stack in the garage. Also, I had to cheat a little bit on the short legs. The actual piece is tan, but I changed the color in the picture.

it looks just like the real thing. :thumbup:

Appreciate you saying that Buddy. I know the house could have probably been a whole lot better.

What I really like is the "poster".

Thanks Zorbas. I spent half a day photo-editing this, from the pictures to the additional add-ins. I've been wanting to make this for a few months, and I had planned to make a large "retro-style" LEGO box adding different components, like the house and the car/jeep. I ended up going for the movie poster look, and I like the finished poster (although I already see some parts of the house that I want to change).

This is a fantastic building !

Thank you Geertos. I ran out of several pieces with the building; red sloped roofs, white 1x1s, and white tiles. That presented quite the challenge, esp. the red roof slopes. I wanted the roof much larger and ended up having to shrink it down, placing it on plates. The tower is also a bit square.I still plan to do some work on the building, but probably not today. What's funny is the image makes it look so small, but yet the real thing is much larger. I'll share some pictures if I make modifications.

Very nice! Your photo editing is top-notch, and you building really resembles the real thing.

Wait... If its not a real lego licensed theme, shouldn't it go in other themes?

To be honest with you, I wasn't sure where to post it. I was also thinking the Action forum with the adventure stuff, but since it was television, I thought I would put it here. If one of the other mods feel that Other Themes is a better place for it, they can certainly move it.

Nicely done.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate the nice feedback. I had not seen your Gilligan's Island theme before, so thanks for sharing. I love the Wrong-Way Feldman set and the radio is most clever (and very original). Great shows never brought to LEGO before. :thumbup: