Sign in to follow this  
Elander

The circle is now complete!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi folk's, :classic:

here I present you my first Star Wars MOC for Euro Bricks. It show us the fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi. I hope the picture-upload had worked.

HAVE FUN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Obi-Wan: Only a master of evil, Darth.

Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.

Obi-Wan: You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Video on YouTube

-front:

frontquy.jpg

-window:

windowg.jpg

-Obi-Wan Kenobi:

obiwankenobi.jpg

-Darth Vader:

darthvaderaw.jpg

-right:

rightso.jpg

-top view:

47921553.jpg

Original thumbnail pics:

frontqu.th.jpg windowg.th.jpg obiwankenobi.th.jpg darthvadera.th.jpg rightso.th.jpg 47921553.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by KielDaMan
Posted larger images for better appreciation of the build

The photos are tiny but from what I can tell this is a great MOC! Excellent work :thumbup:

Tiny pictures, yet an AWESOME creation from a very important part of the SW history ! :vader:

And boy did Obi Wan become more powerful eh ? :yoda:

May the brick be with you always ! :yoda:

Thank's for the first comment's! :classic:

If you click at the pictures, than they will be bigger.

Greetings from Germany,

Elander

EDIT: Thank's @ KielDaMan :thumbup:

How you have done this?

Edited by Elander

This is a great MOC especially for your first one Elander! The build really captures the movie scene perfectly well, and it's worth noting how you effectively approximated the vertical light strips in the walls using those grille pieces. Very good job! :thumbup:

EDIT: Thank's @ KielDaMan :thumbup:

How you have done this?

No problem Elander, I just thought your very well-built MOC will be appreciated more if the images were larger. I just downloaded your photos, resized them, re-uploaded them in imageshack, and deeplinked them in your post. :wink:

Wow, this is really great.

I like all the little details and the overall design of it :thumbup:

blogged

Nice work there! I can't seem to remember any other MOCs for this sceane, but this one I love! So much detail, nice work!

You know, over the years I've seen so many tiny, inaccurate, sloppy renditions of this scene... but this MOC isn't one of them! Great work!

It's a shame the blast doors can't close, though...

EDIT: I don't seem to remember there being yellow lights near the blast doors... can anyone show me?

Edited by fallenangel327

A much MOC'd scene this, but I think this is the best version I've seen. As others have mentioned the use of the grille-tiles is very effective. Well done :thumbup:

The greebling and shaping here is fantastic. :thumbup:

EDIT: I don't seem to remember there being yellow lights near the blast doors... can anyone show me?

Don't think there were any:

830px-Kenobivaderanh.jpg

The greebling and shaping here is fantastic. :thumbup:

Don't think there were any:

[snip]

Okay, that's what I thought. Those lights did seem a bit out of place.

I actually like them. I've always been a fan of yellow-grey combos. I think the only thing I would've changed is to make everything one shade darker. Blast door in dk. bley and walls and floor in black.

Yeah, I would scrap those trans 1x1s...

As for the MOC, fantastic job! looks so nice, smooth, and detailed. Will we see more DS Mocs from you? :wink:

You know, over the years I've seen so many tiny, inaccurate, sloppy renditions of this scene... but this MOC isn't one of them! Great work!

It's a shame the blast doors can't close, though...

Thanks,

yes, you are right, but let me tell you that is a fault in the film. I've corrected the scene for Eurobricks. Maybe George Lucas will see my correction and will repair the filmscene.

So George Lucas if you read this, I want to say to you: Your film is very great and it is a pleasure to help you. :sweet:

Edited by Elander

Thanks,

yes, you are right, but let me tell you that is a fault in the film. I've corrected the scene for Eurobricks. Maybe George Lucas will see my correction and will repair the filmscene.

So George Lucas if you read this, I want to say to you: Your film is very great and it is a pleasure to help you. :sweet:

:laugh:

Maybe you could also help George Lucas repair Episodes I, II & III?

BTW I like the 1x1 yellow trans plates, for me it adds an extra element to the scene - which is to make it look like a stage show. I'm sure that's not your intent, but I like it.

I really like the "Hollywood Movie Set" effect this MOC produces

looks like a behind the scene situation.

I actually like them. I've always been a fan of yellow-grey combos. I think the only thing I would've changed is to make everything one shade darker. Blast door in dk. bley and walls and floor in black.

Thanks, yes, to create this scene one shade darker is a good idea.

BTW I like the 1x1 yellow trans plates, for me it adds an extra element to the scene - which is to make it look like a stage show. I'm sure that's not your intent, but I like it.

hmmm..., you have right. It look like a marionette show. What I need now are small lamps for the 1x1 yellow trans plates. :laugh:

I'm happy that my first MOC here have found so a good feedback. My next MOC coming soon.

Thanks,

Thats a great attitude to have. I rather like the lights, I think it add's to the scene.

Awesome job!