Zeya

MOC: "Where Amelia Landed"

indexed.gif

This is my first MOC. I give it the title "Where Amelia Landed". It is done in LDD (Lego Digital Designer), because I have a very small collection right now as I essentially just started this hobby.

Here's an image and the LXF file. Comments after the jump!

whereamelialanded.jpg

LXF File

I originally started out wanting to do an organic nature scene. I had a vision of a small waterfall with some foliage around it. I didn't want to get too carried away, since this is my first MOC, so I decided to keep it small and within the confines of this 16x16 baseplate.

I was going to put in a minifigure of a hiker. I decided to make her a woman. And then I found the jacket and pilot helmet and she just became Amelia Earhart! So I guess that makes this a historical MOC. I then moved on and added some pieces of her wrecked plane. Her propeller is set up on a pole with a flag, and her cockpit seat and console are set up in hopes of picking up radio signals for rescue. Some flowers have overgrown onto the radio equipment, but she doesn't mind.

I started out making it so that all the bricks would be purchasable from the Lego store (DesignByMe/PickABrick or whatever), but then I just had to throw the frog in! Thank you for stopping by and looking at my humble offering!

This is a very well done Zeya, I like it a lot! The surroundings really has that 'nature feel' in it, and the mini-waterfall is quite a nice detail. Thanks for contributing this to the LXF Index. :thumbup:

Great MOC! I too like the surroundings, they have a natural feel and look to them. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Looks very nice, buddy! I can't really express it in words but the natural invironment in your MOC has something very attractive to it. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Cheers!

Wow, this is a nice MOC. You capture the nature scene quite well. And I can completely understand using LDD to build the things you don't have the parts for. I hope your collection grows soon so you can build more things like this. I'm looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it. I think LDD might actually be more flattering for this type of MOC since it gives everything a nice magical glow to it! Maybe one day when I have enough bricks, I will recreate this out of actual ABS.

Up until I made this MOC in LDD, I had just been buying and putting together official sets off the shelf. Of course that's about all I could do since I had no bricks. But I'm going to start making MOCs soon. I've got one of these Akro-Mils drawer cabinets coming to put bricks in, and then I will start designing a MOC to build. I'm going to start with a beach scene of me, my girlfriend, and our 3 dogs; we got to the beach sometimes for fun, you see. I also kind of want to build a model of my house, but that might be a bit more challenging to get to actually look good, and I will have to learn all kinds of building techniques for that - more of a long-term goal.

Great MOD work there 'Zeya', nice little waterfall and excellent minifig of the missing air legend ! :thumbup:

Keep on LDDing 'Zeya' ! :sweet:

I think that what makes it best is that it uses many simple techniques, puts them together and creates something that is mch more then meets the eye. You did a great job with conveying the natural feel to the whole scene. :classic:

I do think poor Amelia is a little too happy though for someone who just crashed on an uncharted island :laugh: