Sign in to follow this  
Piglet

Adventurer's Airship

Adventurers' Airship.

I think it would be a good MOC to make a debut with it here. It's my latest creation.

00.jpg_thumb.jpg

'An airship used by Johnny Thunder, prof. Kilroy and Pippin Reed to travel over the jungle. On the deck, as passengers, there are also an industrialist with daughter and associate, and Colonel Kernel with a squad of his troops. They are travelling over the jungle with a mysterious cargo in the boxes onboard.'

Gallery on MOCpages

I hope you will like it

Very nice Piglet. I'm most impressed with the overall size of the MOC. I like the way the ship holds a lot of cargo as well as numerous adventurers. Nice back section as well as the front. I esp. like the tan fence pieces. You did a very good job at building the balloon and nice use of the brown fence pieces to wrap around the balloon. This is really a well designed MOC and your photographs (sky) and detail really add to the overall quality. Great job!

And welcome to Eurobricks.

Very cool and original *sweet* but next time put some thing like this in the "You Own Creations" folder. It reminds me of "Hecter's mobile home" from The Series of Unfortunate Events franchise. :-P

A great EB debut indeed! And another Adventurer lover to boot! Aces all around *y*

Love the detailing on the ship, from the pressure gauge on the balloon tanks to the sextant at the captain's wheel.

Gyl

wow, this is really great... i love the hodge-podge look of the ship... which really makes a whole lot of sense...

i mean, for dr. lightning to construct such a marvel would require him to gather odds-and-ends to build such a creation.

It has a great amount of fantasy and wonder about it

Very nice MOC! I love the roominess (something many MOCs lack) and your attention to detaile really shows... I must admit though that the gaps in the balloon annoy me, it really needs a more seemless look. Try Mark Stafford's Avontuur for inspiration, seen here.

God Bless,

Nathan

now, i think this MOC is much better than Mark Stafford's Avontuur. it lacks in daring fantasy, where this airship delivers.

the use of the pirate hull is just so imaginitive and FUN !!!

now, i think this MOC is much better than Mark Stafford's Avontuur. it lacks in daring fantasy, where this airship delivers.

the use of the pirate hull is just so imaginitive and FUN !!!

I was mainly using it as an example of a more sealed balloon... though I have to admit it is one of my fav MOCs in ages, maybe because I prefer less fanciful thing?

God Bless,

Nathan

but next time put some thing like this in the "You Own Creations" folder

I was confused and didn't know where tu put this, but i put it here eventually... But what is the rule for putting MOCs here or in the "Your Own Creations" ?

so, what inspired it ???

Well... I always wanted to make such thing like 'a flying hull with a balloon over it' : o)

I must admit though that the gaps in the balloon annoy me, it really needs a more seemless look. Try Mark Stafford's Avontuur for inspiration, seen here.

Yes, the balloon isn't a good construction I must admit ;o) But it's delicate and I didn't want to put to much bricks as it would crack here and there.

I had seen this link before i was making the balloon, but I didn't have proper bricks to make something similar.

Thanks for comments :o)

I was confused and didn't know where tu put this, but i put it here eventually... But what is the rule for putting MOCs here or in the "Your Own Creations" ?
as far as i can tell (im no admin) you can post MOCs in this forum as long as it has to do with castle, adventurers, wild west, or vikings. as i browes the other thread topics i see plenty of MOCs here.

I don't speak for official policy (scary to use that term on EB X-D) but I post, and like to see posted, relevant MOCs in their own forums. I think they get the most attention that way and help to build up the forum.

God Bless,

Nathan

your probably refering to this set... EXPEDITION BALLOON #5956 although, it doesn't compare to this great MOC !!!

again, great job piglet !!! however, i have a question, why did you use two different styles of mast rigging. you have a single piece for the sides of the front mast, and on the rear you have a combination of four ropes up the mast... i do think it would look better if it was consistant. is it is becuase of structural reasons, as opposed to visual ???

- BrickMiner

Well the MOCs only go where their creator want them to go. You can chose either forum, but I'd recommand to stick to that one since you might get many more reply than in the MOC forum.

Anyway, back to the thing itself, it is impressive and reminds me a lof of those final fantasy video games, when you unlocked the big airship that would carry you around faster than if you had to walk. The level of detail is great and I also like the way you constructed this giant elium balloon. *sweet*