marshal_banana

UCS Sandcrawler MOC

I see no reason to make something bigger that what's necessary

Yes, that's also my opinion, if the amount of detail stays the same. But normally with LEGO you can catch more details in bigger models. It's also easier.

That's maybe a reason why LEGO designs huge and oversized UCS models.

But personally I prefere to build in minifigscale and thats for me also an important point in my MOCs. But back to topic :wink:

This is how it looks for the moment: the key of success is the internal frame.

5491074361_72fc9a934f_z.jpg

Edited by marshal_banana

nice, mine has no technic frame but more or less the same and a lot further behind!

those rear engines are looking good! i see you have built them on plates and attached that section to verticle studs?

i'm not convinced on the 1x3 slopes for the front 2 x 4 would be better? 1 x 4 is not produced unfortunately.

I would love to see a full interior, that is what could set your model apart. Either modular, or a side section could be finished so that if you remove a side wall you see the interior floors.

Edited by Follows Closely

Isn't there a gap on one side where the vacuum tube that sucks up droids comes down? I do hope you are including this feature - it's a very important part of my childhood :grin: .

I'm really enjoying watching your progress, there's something strangely fascinating about a Sandcrawler. It's even more exciting now that there's two on the go, I think it's about time we saw more pics from Cavegod :wink: .

Looking good! I assume the Technic supports will be quite large, though, so are you just going to make some panels to make it look like it has an interior when it doesn't?

I'm really enjoying watching your progress, there's something strangely fascinating about a Sandcrawler. It's even more exciting now that there's two on the go, I think it's about time we saw more pics from Cavegod :wink: .

i don't see the point as they more or less identical

it's quite easy to build a moc of this scale when sombody already is, i get to see what it will look like before i build lol

the suction tube is underneath near the boarding ramp, i thought of having it go up and down but can't see the benefit for all the work it would require..?

This is one huge(and lovely)project!

Can't wait to see it finished. To me the sandcrawler is one of a few really iconic vehicles from the whole star wars universe!

Looking good.....I agree with the good doctor there 'marshal_banana'...are there going to be any droid storage, workshops or smelter in there ?

Keep on going and Brick On ! :grin:

5510442564_887a5d5ec2_z.jpg

So, the back is finished. :thumbup:

Where do I get: 3045.gif in reddish brown (new brown) there are only two on bricklink, I need six :tongue:

My crawler will feature an accurate interior in the front half of the crawler and also the cockpit. It will be as close as possible to the cross section of the star wars compendium. but I'm trying to keep some surprises :wink:

Edited by marshal_banana

Wow, it's really coming together well, isn't it? Great job.

Where do I get: 3045.gif in reddish brown (new brown) there are only two on bricklink, I need six :tongue:

:laugh: You could contact Lego and ask them if you can buy a few direct from them.

Wow, the back is so detailed... isn't it kind of fat, though?

I wouldnt say so. I think you seem to be forgetting its lego, lego is a fixed unit, not bendable plastic that conforms to you every wish.

Looks so impressive. Can you put up a couple of pics that show all the detail? Its hard to admire from that distance. :sweet:

Good luck with your piece finding too. :tongue:

Looking great marshal_banana! :wub:

I can't wait to see the finish! And man, those motorized treads are going to be great!

CF

I wouldnt say so. I think you seem to be forgetting its lego, lego is a fixed unit, not bendable plastic that conforms to you every wish.

What does that have to do with anything?

I was referring to the fact that since he didn't include the angle I mentioned in the back the rear walls wouldn't slope inward, making that section fat. But yes, I was wrong - it would actually be a bit too thin near the center because the rear wall is at its thinnest width throughout rather than. But as marshal_banana said he's already compensated for it, so no real issues there.

...My crawler will feature an accurate interior in the front half of the crawler and also the cockpit. It will be as close as possible to the cross section of the star wars compendium. but I'm trying to keep some surprises :wink:

I was mildly interested before, now you have my attention! Can you do us a favor, and keep track of approximately how much this sets you back?

I was mildly interested before, now you have my attention! Can you do us a favor, and keep track of approximately how much this sets you back?

i can honestly say that you do not want to know! so far my version will cost me more than the AT-AT did!

i can honestly say that you do not want to know!

It's the most expensive thing I build in LEGO. With all the PF-stuff as light, motors, receivers. :devil: I planned about six month for the model and I'm actually far over my LEGO-buget for a year! It's crazy :vader:

Wow, you're making huge progress. Love, how you did the rusty look at the front top of that immense vehicle. The Power cells on side look so fantastic... so "real", like in the cross-sections :thumbup:

The kind of "exhaust" (don't know what these are) on the top rear are well designed.

So stop thinking about the money, just keep on building.. :tongue:

Can't wait to see the final crawler.

Edited by Krize

He must have ran out of brown pieces ... Outstanding work, hardly waiting for updates!

No update yet? tsk tsk!

The middle part is finished. Now I'm working on the electrics and light... and I have again serious problems. Two battery boxes will probably not make it. The crawlers are also a big problem, not because of the xl motors but because of the gear assembly. I have to think about a new concept and again I'm waiting for new parts as longer axles and wheels and I still have no Idea about the ramp mechanism yet :sadnew:

But the good news: I have the parts for finishing the sandcrawler about 95% :laugh:

Edited by marshal_banana

Wow. I just saw your most recent post. Its looking amazing :wub: . It looks so incredible and I know the end product will be amazing.

Great job :thumbup: