BrickworldBryan

Brickworld 2011 - Registration Open

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce that Brickworld registration is now open. We have been hard at work performing a complete overhaul on the registration process. In response to your feedback in the survey after last year's event, we have done a couple things to the event. Some items that impact registration:

1. There are now 2 types of registration: Full and light. These are described on the web site. But, essentially, full registration is for someone that is contributing to the event and partaking in the workshops and presentations. Light registration is for families that want to show up Friday afternoon, see the event hall without the public, participate in weekend non-public activities, and learn from the AFOLs and TFOLs.
  2. The full registration will be capped at 650 people to keep things from being unmanagable.
  3. When you register for the event, you aren't considered registered until you pay (the new process leads you through this)
  4. The event will start on Wednesday evening with opening ceremonies later in the evening. This will lead to having most of the display space available for MoC setup starting on Thursday morning instead of Thursday evening. Essentially, we are spreading the event out a bit so it is more relaxing for everyone. The survey feedback indicated there was too much happening in too small a space in time.

Don't forget to sign up for your hotel rooms too. Last year the hotel filled up. And, if you are a first time attendee, everyone will tell you that it makes the event a lot more fun to be at the hotel.

You can register at the Brickworld web site. We hope you like the new process and the changes to the event. We are all very excited about Brickworld 2011.

We hope to see you all in Chicago at the Westin North Shore in Wheeling, IL. June 15th through 19th.

Warm Regards, The Brickworld Team

Registered and paid (last night actually :wink:), now there's just those plane tickets to get and MOCs to build and such. Looking very much forward to my second Brickworld :grin:

Just registered and paid. Now time for six months of MOC work. Like Quarryman, I too am looking forward to my second Brickworld!

When I registered and paid, the registered list was not showing any people and stayed that way for a few days. Now there are folks listed as registered but my name does not show.

When I registered and paid, the registered list was not showing any people and stayed that way for a few days. Now there are folks listed as registered but my name does not show.

I'm not listed on the site either. I think they update it manually so I'm not worried just yet. It has been over a week for me so I'll give it another week before I send an email.

And neither am I, even though I registered and paid 10 days ago. Don't see stash2sixx or Polish Guy on the list either. So, I guess it's just taking a long time to process everything. (if it's done manually I can see why it takes so long :laugh:)

Hey everyone - one of the updates to the web site this year is that when you pay as you register, you will be marked as paid automatically on the Brickworld site. This feature was not operational (oops) the first few days of registration and we had deleted the manual method. So, people that registered the first few days aren't showing up yet. No worries. The manual marking ability has been restored and we will be going through the payments and reconciling any differences in the next couple days. If you still aren't showing as paid when you are logged in by the end of the week, please use the contact us form on the site to let us know. Please remember that nobody under 18 will show up for public viewing because of federal laws. And, if you are over 18, you may have yourself marked to not show up on the site for public viewing.

Sorry it took so long to respond. This is my first time on a computer since Wednesday evening.

See everyone in Chicago!!

Bryan

Second BW to attend, first BW to register! Already booked the hotel and going to register soon. Just one question: will there be goody bags given out to the people who pay the full registration, and if so will everyone get one, or only the first [insert #]?

will there be goody bags given out to the people who pay the full registration?

There is a full comparison of full to light registration on the Brickworld site. Just scroll down on the main page for Chicago.

Thanks, Bryan

There is a full comparison of full to light registration on the Brickworld site. Just scroll down on the main page for Chicago.

Thanks, Bryan

Thanks! I am all registered and ready for June!

I will not make it this year either guys.

Will have to wait a full year and see if I can make it next year.

Third time is a charm. At least it has been so for LEGO World now.

Thanks Stash! You´re the man :wub:

Stash IS the man! :thumbup:

I've got the hotel booked for Fri. & Sat. night. My wife, myself, and our upcoming child will be attending BW11. I sense a family tradition coming. :sweet:

I will probably get the Light Registration. I won't be bringing much, if anything. I've been busy the past year and a half. :cry_sad:

Light registration or not, you make sure to show up for 'social activities' on Saturday night. Of course, if the wife can let you slip away for a few.

Too bad it's not held in Europe, wel better next time so I can join too :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Ro87n

Too bad it's not held in Europe, wel better next time so I can join too :hmpf_bad:

I'm absolutely positive (and that happens rarely :wink:) it's in Chicago every year, as it's Brickworld Chicago if that's what you mean? Or maybe you could plan to go to Chicago next year?

Plus, there's loads of European events, including the upcoming EB event in Windsor this year, so have a look at the index. :sweet:

Registered (and paid) a long time ago, but I couldn't book the oh so important plane tickets until now, but now it's done and it's official, I'm coming back. Looking very much forward to meeting everyone again at the Westin :sweet: (and this time I didn't mess up the return ticket, return flight on Tuesday to be sure :laugh:)

Is there a good reason for other people to stay until Tuesday?

I only ask as we've yet to book flights and would also consider returning on Tuesday, however I don't wish to pry into any personal plans, or want to gatecrash anything.

Is there a good reason for other people to stay until Tuesday?

I only ask as we've yet to book flights and would also consider returning on Tuesday, however I don't wish to pry into any personal plans, or want to gatecrash anything.

For me it's mainly about not stressing, last year my return flight was on Sunday, which was a huge mistake, missed way too much that way. So I decided that this year I wasn't going to do the same mistake again, and as there might be little time for sleep during BW I figured it was best to have a day of buffer time to sleep after the event. :laugh:

For me it's mainly about not stressing, last year my return flight was on Sunday, which was a huge mistake, missed way too much that way. So I decided that this year I wasn't going to do the same mistake again, and as there might be little time for sleep during BW I figured it was best to have a day of buffer time to sleep after the event. :laugh:

Yeah, you know what you missed sunday night :devil: ! Keg On!

Yeah, you know what you missed sunday night :devil: ! Keg On!

I know! That's why I'm not going to make that mistake again. June is really looking like one awesome month, first the EB Event in Windsor, and then Brickworld two weeks later. :grin: