Henchmen4Hire

Clone Scout Walker (7250) - Overview and Photography

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Clone Scout Walker (7250) - Star Wars: Episode 3 (2005)

Retail Price: $9.99

Piece Count: 108

Figures Included: Clone Trooper (Dark Red markings)

Mini-fig Accessories: Blaster (Trans Light Blue tip)

Helpful Links:

Peeron

Brickset

If you're looking for a slight change of pace when building, this set may be for you. I can't be the only one who gets tired of stacking brick after brick, the Clone Scout Walker stomps all over the tedium by using lots of clicky hinges and even some swivels.

df5idpC.jpg

x5UrS5d.jpg

sYh5k6x.jpg

BUILD

I had my doubts about this set as I saw it lopsided, sad and unloved on my neighbor's shelf, but after cleaning it up and adding some missing pieces it it turned out to be a spiffy toy. (Maybe someone should tell my neighbor I'm snatching his LEGOs to review?)

This is a great set to show kids what hinges are capable of as well as expose them to some interesting LEGO elements like the grey paddles, rods, skeletal wedges at the feet, "engine blocks", brackets, and printed shield-wedge up top. They can also see how SNOT building can create details that can't be made any other way.

The clicky hinges in the legs hold together well no matter how many times they're moved, this is because the lower 4 hinges involve four 1x4 bricks with business ends on both tips, creating a a more solid structure than the two 1x2 brick hinges at the "hips", though those are holding up well too, sandwiched between a 1x4 tile and plate.

Rzq4Obs.jpg

Qxq3Xd1.jpg

DESIGN

Here's what I'm assuming this clone walker is supposed to look like: Clone Scout Walker. The LEGO set does a decent job of roughly capturing the shape of the "real" walker. The dishes on the toy help mask the hinges (when viewed from the side anyway) but does too little to improve the overall appearance when everything else is scarcely on-model. I still like the clunky little walker we get though.

There are bits of tan, green, and dark red to break-up the drabness of grey, and despite there only being 3 dark red elements on the walker, they help the trooper seem right at home while riding it.

The cannon and "faceplate" can swivel independently, so the walker can shoot and "look" in different directions, very useful so the trooper and walker can cover their left and right. It's constructed with a 2x2 wheel-related plate, which goes to show the different kind of things they can be used for.

The upper section of the walker can be easily removed because it's only attached by plugging onto a rod (see the "Speeder" comic to see the upper section separated), it's secure enough to handle though, and won't go flying off with the slightest breeze.

PhqSIA4.jpg

fAeKLjK.jpg

FUN

I know I have a tendency to personify everything, but I really do think the swiveling "faceplate" of the walker adds a lot of personality to the machine (the comics came naturally after realizing that!). The walker isn't just a ride and workhorse, it's also the clone trooper's buddy, joining him for whatever adventure the day may bring.

KJdOY0Y.jpg

Fairly natural and stable poses are possible with all those joints combined, including running, walking, running slowly, strolling... there's only so much a pair of legs can do, har har. You'll need extra support for some poses so bust out those clear bricks! Certain poses can make the walker seem alive, maybe it has a cute little AI that acts like a puppy around the clone trooper, or maybe it has sinister programming, willing to crush its rider to survive, KILL ALL HUMANS!

Only the trooper and walker are included in this set, but it's plenty to have a fun for a few minutes before you build things with your other bricks for these two to smash! What good is a blaster if you can't use it!

giIXwub.jpg

MWoOAEo.jpg

40Z812y.jpg

VALUE

At $10.00 US this seems reasonable when considering a minifigure will cost you like $4, and the walker is double the size of a 3.75 inch Star Wars figure, which costs $8 by itself! You can still get this set for $10 to $15 online, though generally it'll be out of the box.

I honestly wouldn't have bought this back in 2005, but only because I'm not interested much in SW. Having played with it for free though, I think a young SW fan would love it.

GMfaS1d.jpg

SEJopUl.jpg

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Wow, where did this come from?

A great review and the pics are killing me :laugh:

Thanks for another wonderful "Fake Review"

I regret not getting this when it was in stores, but then again, I could never find it in stores :wacko:

Great review, and thanks for the good laugh from those comics. :laugh:

Perhaps I should have gotten this when they were available in stores back then,

just as a clone scout walker: I have made a much better AT-RT myself, but this could serve as something else.

~ General Magma

Gret review, Dr Nightmare. Do you do this sort of review style often? I haven't seen any quite like this one.

And it really is a good set. I just received one from my beloved this Christmas. She must love me or something. :wub:

Hysterical! You should make some single pane SW funnies as well. I love the lava lamp gun-joke, that was my favorite. :laugh: Forgot how awful this AT-RT was! :sick:

EDIT: Wanted to share: I recklessly bought five of these. :grin: silly me.

Edited by brickartist

I don't know to say AWESOME or VERY FUNNY, okay I say BOTH ! :laugh:

Pitty we didn't see the strip club though ! :wink:

Excellent cartoon strip there 'DrNightmare' and may the FUNNNY brick be with you ! :laugh:

:laugh: Love the review! This set is great! Apart from all the hinges which lose there clicky grip (can't think how to say it) the set has some great parts and a lovely fig! :wub:

Thanks for giving me a great laugh and a cool review to read!

Im totally with brickartist, some single pane SW funnies would be great from you!

CF

Wow, where did this come from?

A great review and the pics are killing me :laugh:

Harrr, thanks!

I regret not getting this when it was in stores, but then again, I could never find it in stores :wacko:

Perhaps I should have gotten this when they were available in stores back then, just as a clone scout walker: I have made a much better AT-RT myself, but this could serve as something else.

Yup, there are some sets I would have gotten too but was spending my money on action figures at the time.

Gret review, Dr Nightmare. Do you do this sort of review style often? I haven't seen any quite like this one.

And it really is a good set. I just received one from my beloved this Christmas. She must love me or something. :wub:

I review action figures sort of like this (DCUC, Marvel Legends, GI Joe, etc.) but those tend to be more drawn-out reviews because I address things like the sculpt of the figure, paint, articulation, and accessories.

Hysterical! You should make some single pane SW funnies as well. I love the lava lamp gun-joke, that was my favorite. :laugh: Forgot how awful this AT-RT was! :sick:

EDIT: Wanted to share: I recklessly bought five of these. :grin: silly me.

I'd make SW comics... if I had any other SW figures! :laugh: I'm trying to get some Jedi and Sith but you folk have seen the prices, I can't afford them :(

Pitty we didn't see the strip club though ! :wink:

...I already started designing it in LDD! :tongue:

:laugh: Love the review! This set is great! Apart from all the hinges which lose there clicky grip (can't think how to say it) the set has some great parts and a lovely fig! :wub:

Thanks for giving me a great laugh and a cool review to read!

Im totally with brickartist, some single pane SW funnies would be great from you!

CF

Yarrr, soon as I get some more SW figs I'll make comics with them... assuming I can get some of them for under $15 a pop :cry_sad:

By the way, is the plural form of "Jedi" also "Jedi"? :wacko:

Edited by DrNightmare

Nice review, Dr.Nightmare!

Love the comics. :thumbup:

I have this set, and I do think it is one of the better values. Ah, the good ol' days when you could get a $10 or under SW vehicle set...

I really love your unique take on "Fake" reviews DrNightmare! You always bring something fresh to the table and you really seem to be having a lot of fun making your comics, and they keep getting hilarious! :laugh: Well done! :thumbup:

Hoooo-boy, 6 years flew by and I'm still a goof.

I got a request to reupload the images for these old reviews since they were deleted. I found the ones for this rev on an old hard drive, so here they are for you to enjoy again.

Thanks again for the reactions, gabbing with an active community is why I liked making these so much.

As always, praise and hatemail is welcome. If you're looking for someone to do reviews for your fledgling site, please consider hiring me for a stint, I need soup!