Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Talking Skull Promotion - WINNERS, your address please

I'm so freaking close. Gah. Any new clues?

You'll find them on Twitter or the Facebook page, or the Teaser Image on the Eurobricks homepage.

And then of course there's the Mailing List...

I will very much be looking forward to that

I've just Emailed the Tips and Teaser Image #2 to the new subscribers who didn't receive them.

New tips will be Emailed later in the week however.

It said on Facebook to think of a Conquistador. All I can think of are Columbus, Cortes, Pizarro, and Balboa.

It said on Facebook to think of a Conquistador. All I can think of are Columbus, Cortes, Pizarro, and Balboa.

Colombus is connected to one of the prizes. However, it has already been claimed.

Oh wow. I really did lose a few hours on this. Found 3 answers, but alas I was too late. That was fun though. Really well thought-out promotion and contest. You had me doing all sorts of internet searches, singing to remember lyrics, and image editing, though clearly not in that order. :pir_laugh2:

You should have receieved a confirmation Email with a link you need to click to confirm your subscription - have you checked your Junk Email folder?

You should have receieved a confirmation Email with a link you need to click to confirm your subscription - have you checked your Junk Email folder?

Yes, I did.

I'm REALLY looking forward to new hints, as I have been beating around the bush for many days now... I just lack one part, or so the kind and trustworthy skull tells me... so very very frustrating, as I have completely run out of ideas.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does the Talking Skull give hints for words that have already been guessed correctly?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does the Talking Skull give hints for words that have already been guessed correctly?

Yes.

I know this is the FAQ, but I needed to say how much my wife and I have enjoyed this contest. Great job!

Ahab out............

I know this is the FAQ, but I needed to say how much my wife and I have enjoyed this contest. Great job!

Ahab out............

Excellent! Always nice to hear feedback. :pir-classic:

So close yet so far away!

I think I am close with the 1993 thing. :pir-sceptic:

:jollyroger:

So do I, but I don't understand the skull's hint. :pir_laugh2:

And yes, this quiz is amazing. Challenging, fun and addictive - and extremely well-made. Kudos. :pir-cry_happy:

So close yet so far away!

I think I am close with the 1993 thing. :pir-sceptic:

:jollyroger:

I thought it was 1883 ??? So confusing :pir-cry_sad:

So do I, but I don't understand the skull's hint. :pir_laugh2:

Remember not all the clues are right,which just adds to the confusement. :pir_bawling:

I thought it was 1883 ??? So confusing :pir-cry_sad:

Depends which prize you're trying to win. The "1993" hint corresponds to a different prize.

One day a long time ago I sailed the ocean blue with old Captain Roger and his Lego Pirate crew. That balmy night we gathered in the galley for a fish of hot rate stew, and sausages, and boiled cuttlefish. And I overheard two mutineers whispering ‘bout a plot to steal our precious treasure map and make off with the lot.

But the Captain caught them in the act and roared, “You’ll walk the plank and live with old King Neptune on that galleon we sank!”

We found the Island on the map and camped by a lagoon, and drank and danced till midnight to a merry pirate tune. A training class was organised for all of those aboard, where everyone learnt how to fight with musket, knife and sword.

When we were fit to go the Captain said “Look for a grave. From there we’ll find the pathway to the secret treasure cave.”

“Aye, Sir,” we said, and shook our heads, so it was a great surprise when, lo and behold. We found the gold. It was immense in size.

I knew that would get you there......if I find another I will share the same sort of clue, unless it's #01

Edited by TazManiac

I must say that this has been very interesting :thumbup: Kudos to the staff for all the hard work that they put into this :thumbup:

Thanks guys :pir-classic:

Depends which prize you're trying to win. The "1993" hint corresponds to a different prize.

Ah but I know that the 1993 clue is related to another clue, however I can't quite figure it out as literally not one thing on the internet has a record of the LEGO 'thing' that happened in 1993, however I know what the event is called, Ack!

This weekend Mailing List subscribers will be Emailed all three Teaser Images.

Each Teaser Image has been UPDATED with new hints. So the hints for prizes which have been won are gone, and hints for prizes yet to be claimed have taken their place.

So if you're still in the running...

www.Classic-Pirates.com/subscribe