Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Talking Skull Promotion - WINNERS, your address please

bttw.jpg

All prizes have been won!

Congratulations to everybody who won a prize or three!

Please send me a PM or an Email to Administrator@Classic-Pirates.com with your postage address.

In the next 48 hours a thread will be created for those who'd like to share how they figured out the Prize Code and Magic Words.

<div style="background: #fff; width: 500px; margin: 0 auto; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 15px 10px;">Many years ago Captain Cannonblast Sailed the Seven Seas in search of treasure.

He hid his booty in a long forgotten cave protected by an enchanted guardian. Only those who knew the magic words could enter and marvel at the valuables within.

Before he died, the captain drew a map and split it into three pieces, each piece containing a cryptic clue. One of these maps is here but the rest remain scattered throughout the cyber seas.

The first brave adventurer to find all the maps and decipher the magic words will receive a 6242 Soldiers Fort and behold the treasures within.

There are also 17 more LEGO prizes to be won along the way.

But hurry! The tides are changing and the treasure cave may be completely flooded after February 1st.

Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and the RSS Feed or Mailing List for more clues!</div>

Do you DARE match wits with the Talking Skull? www.Classic-Pirates.com/Mystery

I am slightly confused, it shows the date of the post to be on the 22nd of april, 2007. but, there was the post about it on face-book from last Monday... may seem odd, but this IS a current contest? ...and its some weird glitch on the forums? :pir_wacko:

(this post was made on the 12th of January)

I am slightly confused, it shows the date of the post to be on the 22nd of april, 2007.

We've just planning it for that long. Long before Erdbeereis was a Moderator. :pir-classic:

OK, I'm a lot more than slightly confused. I have tried following all the links around to get some kind of solid information, but everything I click takes me back to this page. And it seems like the contest hasn't actually launched yet, but someone already won one of the prizes? I'm feeling awfully stupid here. What am I missing?

I won #15, but somebody already won Prize # 15, so do I just keep playing till I win another prize? This is kind of fun.

Yes. :pir-classic:

If you win a different prize, then post in the Talking Skull prize thread what the word was.

Ehm... How do you win? Apparently, at least the skull state ''Bazinga!'', I won... But then it stops...

Out of respect for the contest, I shall not say my answer, but ehm... Shouldn't the screen turn green or something? Or anything indicating that you're correct?

Pey.

Edit- Oh wait... I see... But still, the skull didn't state what prize I won... Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Admiral Pey

OK, I'm a lot more than slightly confused. I have tried following all the links around to get some kind of solid information, but everything I click takes me back to this page. And it seems like the contest hasn't actually launched yet, but someone already won one of the prizes? I'm feeling awfully stupid here. What am I missing?

This is just part one of the contest. Sort of a "teaser" if you will. :pir-classic:

A good start would be to click on the link in the first post, and see if you can come up with anything.

Ehm... How do you win? Apparently, at least the skull state ''Bazinga!'', I won... But then it stops...

Out of respect for the contest, I shall not say my answer, but ehm... Shouldn't the screen turn green or something? Or anything indicating that you're correct?

Pey.

Edit- Oh wait... I see... But still, the skull didn't state what prize I won... Or am I doing something wrong?

What did the skull say exactly?

If you have entered a correct word, it should say which prize number you won. You would then post what the magic word for that prize was in the talking skull prize thread. :pir-classic:

Just because the Skull says "Bazinga" doesn't mean you've won anything.

The Skull makes it very clear when you've won something and you'll see a response with "PRIZE CODE #" and then the Prize Number and Prize Code.

If you didn't see that then you haven't won anything I'm affraid.

Just because the Skull says "Bazinga" doesn't mean you've won anything.

The Skull makes it very clear when you've won something and you'll see a response with "PRIZE CODE #" and then the Prize Number and Prize Code.

If you didn't see that then you haven't won anything I'm affraid.

Yes... I can understand that now... Lucky me... And yes, I do not often watch the Big Bang Theory... But alas, I shall try!

Aww man, this is really hard - but addictive! :pir_laugh2:

I got two correct ones so far, but both were already claimed... :pir-sceptic:

What has that got to do with pirates. :pir-sceptic:

The prize codes don't necessarily have anything to do with pirates. The words which trigger them do however.

Wheres the promotional picture?

Have yer not "Liked" the Classic-Pirates.com Facebook page?

I just did, but it lead me to a dead end.

Agreed. I see a word but that has nothing to do with anything so far. It is fun though to keep guessing.

The next teaser will be Emailed to the Mailing List this weekend...

I just did, but it lead me to a dead end.

You'll find additional hints and a teaser if you look around the Facebook page.

Let me be one to say that as I have helped test the skull before the contest, it is definetaly tricky and you really need to think. It is definetaly solvable though, as one user has already shown. Study the teaser images hard and start guessing. :pir-classic:

Yep. If you were following Classic-Pirates.com on Twitter you would have got the Tweet with a link to the Teaster Poster.

#14 Islands

can I keep playing?

According to the rules, you have to post it EXACTLY like it's said by the skull - otherwise, your claim will be invalid and someone else can technically steal it from you even though you said it first. So I advice you to hurry up and edit your post asap to this:

PRIZE#14 - Islands (assuming from what you wrote that is the correct way)