• Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Set Number: 7930

Set Name: Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

Sub Theme: Clone Wars

Parts: 389

Figs: Sugi, Aurra Sing, Embo and IG-86 Assassin Droid Bounty Hunter

Release: January 2011 (official) December 2010 (real)

S@H-link

flickr set

Shop@Home Description:

Capture the Jedi Knights with the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship!

While the outcome of the Clone Wars hangs in the balance, bounty hunters are out to capture the Jedi Knights! Rotate the twin engines for flying and landing modes, open the cockpit, and fire away with laser cannons! Use the ship’s prison cell for captured Jedi, and store the stolen Holocron in a secret chamber aboard the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship! Includes all-new Sugi, Aurra Sing, Embo and IG-86 assassin droid bounty hunter minifigures.

• Includes 4 minifigures: Sugi, Aurra Sing, Embo and IG-86 Assassin Droid Bounty Hunter
  • Rotate the engines!
  • Features the Holocron, stored in a secret compartment
  • Open cockpit and prison cell for play inside!
  • Hunt down the Jedi Knights in their #7931 Jedi Shuttle!
  • Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship measures 11” wide (30cm) 10” long (25cm) and 6” (15cm) tall

Official Commercial:

The Box:

5307011335_cf657c1161_z.jpg

The front of the box features the classic info - a little sparse in this non-US version, the gunship in action, the figs included and a small picture of the gunship with it's wings turned in landing position.

5307013875_51cd9c62ac_z.jpg

The rear is a pleasing vue of all the playfeatures on the gunship.

- How you twist and turn everything that can do so.

At first I was amazed by the many opening and closing possibilities, but rest assured that it's no Transformer at all :grin:

The contents of the box:

Polybags:

5307016023_0fbfe091d3_z.jpg

We get 3 polybags - one for the cockpit and figs, one for the wings and one for the engines.

Neatly sorted in 3 numbered bags - it's really important no to make the build to difficult for those 8-14 year old kids :laugh:

(And yes, I built them by the numbers)

The Instructions:

5307611134_4324b7c452_z.jpg

We get one instruction booklet.

With easy to follow pics, showing which individual bricks from your numbered polybag you are to use at each building step. How easy can they actually make this for us?

All I need now is for TLG to include a small package of instant coffee and I'll be set for a smooth ride.

5309031547_755d615114.jpg

They're kind enough to show us which polybags are used for each part of the set.

5309620342_e63b4e70cf.jpg

As you can see we get a fairly easy build out of this one.

Easy steps with only a few parts added every time.

5309036411_c117eacae3.jpg

I wonder what's Darth Vader doing in a Clone Wars instructions?

Still looks cool though.

5309037621_349699d91c.jpg

In the back of the instructions we get a set overview, showing us the figs and how to use the playfeatures of the set.

The Stickers:

5307020481_ddaff886c4_z.jpg

A stickersheet - "Oh noooes!"

Yeah, we've got to live with another one.

I'll try to scan it when I get back to work early January.

(I'll do that to the stickers from the other sets as well).

The Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship Cockpit Print:

5309628860_a47788a8b8.jpg

'Nice playing with ya'

This picture is from the booklet that comes with the Complete Clone Wars Season 2 DVD Box.

And it looks a little cleaner than the picture I initially took of the stickersheet/TLG's version.

Which is is - the sticker is gibberish while this version can easily be translated.

(Thanks Brickdoctor for the help :thumbup:)

The Box:

5309033565_abaa3d5059.jpg

The box holds the utterly important Jedi Holocron.

And the text says "LOCK" - that's a good thing.

Luckily it doesn't say "UNLOCKED" - now those pesky bounty hunters wont get the holocron afterall. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W1duS6DaUJw

The Extras:

5309030581_5a0d64ee05.jpg

Not much - some technic rabble, a round trans clear plate and a couple of cheese slopes.

Guess it didn't take much to equal the weight for the packing machine.

The Wing Mechanism:

5309623790_7e407469aa.jpg

5309622372_f574f504a2.jpg

A very nice feature and well hidden within the design.

I think I'll let the instruction scans speak for themselves.

The Figs:

AURRA SING

5309626320_e7f03239f7.jpg

Aurra Sing - again a picture from the small DVD booklet.

I think TLG nailed it pretty well.

A nice fig that looks just like I'd imagined she would in LEGO.

5320110814_a3e6d72270.jpg5320111252_a0c929ea05.jpg

5319510613_92451111d3.jpg5320112288_a09ceaff59.jpg

SUGI

5320114832_9c09c65e6e.jpg5319514075_025b1b2626.jpg

5320115808_d43c023589.jpg

A little meh!

Not much to look at or out of the ordinary.

Probably the most boring new fig in this set.

EMBO

5309042043_1b2f829b49.jpg

Again a pretty good depiction of Embo as he should look in LEGO.

5320113014_8e791aefb9.jpg5319512321_4ffcb35efa.jpg

5319513007_2d339ae1f8.jpg

IG-86

5319515179_18aed8d94e.jpg5320116622_3a9e84cc59.jpg5319515929_b6dcc25663.jpg

Same old boring droid.

But I guess that a redesign would be equally boring or odd?

The Build:

Not much to talk about. As mentioned earlier it's a fairly easy build with small steps.

Bag One:

5319524539_dcf6cebcd4.jpg

5319525175_46beb9fcc8.jpg

5320127132_7cdf6b585e.jpg

5319526897_9faee20a8a.jpg

The first polybag holds the parts for the cockpit.

A nice dark green thing that has most of the playfeatures integrated.

We got sliding doors, a rear hatch that opens to the barred window and a roof that opens so they can get in.

5319527483_c14f79a63b.jpg

I used the best playtester at hand.

My daughter and she had serios trouble with the sliding doors.

They just come of to easily... :thumbdown:

I tried to show her how "easy" it was and they kept coming off for me too. :sceptic:

Poor design - "Bad TLG Bad Dog!!"

Bag Two:

5320129244_0472f3832f.jpg5320130078_14565a422d.jpg

5319530067_1811044ddf.jpg5320131730_e35b726dd9.jpg

The second polybag allows the construction of the wings.

An interesting build as it mostly concerns the mechanism that brings the engines in "flight" or "landing" position.

Plus the slider also conceals the "Jedi Holocron" from the commercial and Clone Wars Episode 17.

Bag Three:

5320132762_f2e5792a31.jpg

The last and final polybag has the parts for the engines.

They're beautiful and very shiny :wub:

A simple 1x2 brick with technic axle hole is all that connects them to the gunship.

That certainly has some play value if one was to blow off an engine like the commercial shows the T6 doing.

All 3 bags in one shot:

5319532475_ed99abf053_z.jpg

With a swift connection of the engines to the wing and the wing to the cockpit, you've got an awesome Bounty Hunter Gunship at your disposal.

Now it's time to whoop some of that "goody little choo choo" republic behinds :devil:

The Complete Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship:

5319517103_0b1b13fd3e_z.jpg

5320119172_5c39129477_z.jpg

5320120868_7bea95f1c2_z.jpg

5319520983_fdd56d8f67_z.jpg

5320122506_cb6f9ce60e_z.jpg

5320123412_80a44319de_z.jpg

Isn't it a thing of beauty?

I really like the yellow and dark green colour scheme.

Plus the overall design of it is sleek and pretty good.

5319523281_63865df5b0_z.jpg

5319524049_8a078eb151_z.jpg

Engines "up".

It looks good, but I'm a little disappointed.

The up position has trouble "locking" and I had to add a small plate to keep the engines from going back to "landing position". It's the slider and the friction that's the issue.

But I guess it's not that important to the playability or swooshability of this gunship.

JCC1004 was kind enough to do a few pics from the new LEGO Club magazine for me.

They show Aurra Sing snatching the Jedi Holocron.

5319930741_8641f9e111.jpg5319930937_2002ec9d92.jpg

Now I might be a total ignorant when it comes to Clone Wars.

But what's Aurra doing with the Jedi Holocron?

And why is she in the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship with IG-86?

In Episode 17, it's only Embo and Sugi.

Am I missing something?

I really must watch those first seasons soon :blush:

All in all this is a great set.

I like the design and to me it looks like they've nailed not only the figs, but the entire set pretty well.

It all looks like I would have hoped it to when comparing to the Clone Wars.

A full :thumbup: from me.

Thanks for the review. I had a negative view of this set until I saw some reviews and it really changed my mind. The ship has a lovely colour scheme, a great way to get dark green bricks, and TLG have done well with getting all the details and shape of the ship right. A must buy for me now and with a relatively cheap price, I may get one now and wait until they go on sale to get another.

Again, Thanks for the review Kim :thumbup:

Nice review. The text on the box reads 'lock'.

ROGER ROGER!![/Quote]

Lovely review, I definately learnt some new stuff today. It's a shame I have no need for the figures because i sure love that ship. :wub:

Ok guys. Prepare for not-a-StarWars-fan talk:

I fell in love in this set. And this will be one of my first Starwars set I will get. Why?

The ship looks amazing not only in flying mode but in landing mode too! (the whole sliding function is very well executed) Green and yellow colorsheme is realy outstanding.

But I need this set for pieces and minifigs.

Ponytail, great alienish woman face! :cry_happy: I want it so bad. She is soo beautifull in Lego form!

Sandgreen dude face is going to my orc army as a comander and I love his legs.

This cute Alien "LOCK" printed piece will be usefull too.

Sugi is meh even for me :laugh: .

Thanks for review!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Thanks for the review Kim! :sweet: I've got mixed feelings about the gunship, I can't make up my mind if I like it or if I hate it. Also I think for a bounty hunter ship it is lacking in fire power. :devil:

The figs are great though, disappointed in the IG droid and Sugi though. I reckon they could have done Sugi abit better. As to the droid, well, im bored of the IG droids now, just give us a Commando droid for once!

How do you and BD translate that writing? I can't get my head round it. :blush:

Thanks again for the review!

CF

How do you and BD translate that writing? I can't get my head round it. :blush:

Thanks again for the review!

CF

Aurebesh

I installed the font on my computer and memorized the letters. :grin:

Great review KimT, thanks for sharing. My views of this set hasn't changed even with the review, as the gunship doesn't really appeal to me at all and the new figs, though quite good, are not suffiecient enough for me to buy the whole set. The Aurra fig is the only one that I really want (love that detailed ponytail hairpiece), so I might just have to get it separately.

Aurebesh

I installed the font on my computer and memorized the letters. :grin:

Memorized by heart? Wow, you're really a fan. I have been using Aurebesh also in some of my MOCs but always have to rely to the converison of normal font to Aurebesh font.

Memorized by heart? Wow, you're really a fan. I have been using Aurebesh also in some of my MOCs but always have to rely to the converison of normal font to Aurebesh font.

Yeah, I'm geeky like that. Other people can keep their text-speak and Klingon. :grin:

I use the Aurebesh font to write it on my computer as well, but I don't convert; I just write it in Aurebesh and glance over some letters to make sure I wrote the right thing. I used to convert, but then I figured out memorizing it could save time and besides, it's fun being able to read all the words in the movies and shows. I can't read it as fast as I can English or Spanish or another language based on the Roman alphabet, but that's mostly 'cause while I can remember the Aurebesh letter's Roman equivalents, associating them with vocal sounds is a whole different matter. (e.g., when reading Aurebesh, I might say to myself, 'Aurek, letter A', not just the sound 'a' upon reading the Aurek character)

Now I might be a total ignorant when it comes to Clone Wars.

But what's Aurra doing with the Jedi Holocron?

And why is she in the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship with IG-86?

In Episode 17, it's only Embo and Sugi.

Am I missing something?

Actually Aurra Sing has no connection to Sugi or Embo. I assume LEGO just wanted to put Aurra Sing in a set and didn't have a better set to put her in.

Yeah, I'm geeky like that. Other people can keep their text-speak and Klingon. :grin:

I use the Aurebesh font to write it on my computer as well, but I don't convert; I just write it in Aurebesh and glance over some letters to make sure I wrote the right thing. I used to convert, but then I figured out memorizing it could save time and besides, it's fun being able to read all the words in the movies and shows. I can't read it as fast as I can English or Spanish or another language based on the Roman alphabet, but that's mostly 'cause while I can remember the Aurebesh letter's Roman equivalents, associating them with vocal sounds is a whole different matter. (e.g., when reading Aurebesh, I might say to myself, 'Aurek, letter A', not just the sound 'a' upon reading the Aurek character)

Wow... and you make cracks at me? (Don't get me wrong, I am impressed, but...)

To be honest, I've pretty much memorized Aurebesh too. I find it amusing decoding a lot of the stuff in the movies, etc. It really bugs me that a lot of the LEGO Aurebesh is all jumbled up...

Thanks for the review KimT! This set is one of the few of this wave that I like for the design as well as the figs.

Super set colorwise and its good to find out what the print on the side means -finally :laugh:

On my model at home it is as is the engines are getting 'soft' when I flip them to fly mode, then they slide back towards landing position.

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Its not because I've plaid with it.

It's mostly on diplay in landing position.