cavegod

UCS NU-class Republic Attack Shuttle

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Well heres my build thread really struggling with this one though so all suggestions are welcome!

Republicattackshuttle.jpg

this is going to cause problems!

06672_M_D_02_Republic_Attack_Shuttle_Clone_Wars.jpg

i have the front built, i based it on another mocer design as it seemed the best way to capture the details, the wings are going to have to be plates as i won't be able to get the correct pattern and colours with snot, and the other major problem is the shape of the fuselage. Anyway pics in the morning as the camera battery is flat.

Okay, here we go again! I can't wait for updates on this, as this is a much more interesting ship than anything you've built before IMO :thumbup:

Can't do the wing patterns in SNOT? :cry_sad:

Did you consider a combo of the normal slope bricks and clips, hinges, and tiles to do the thin stripes?

Can't wait to see what you do with the model, Cavegod! I'm a big fan of your UCS series.

:thumbup:

As for the side angle, perhaps a couple of these 32271.gif would work? I'm not sure if they've got quite the right angle but they should be easy and strong to build on.

Can't wait to see what you do with the model, Cavegod! I'm a big fan of your UCS series.

:thumbup:

As for the side angle, perhaps a couple of these 32271.gif would work? I'm not sure if they've got quite the right angle but they should be easy and strong to build on.

That's the same technique he used in his Lambda and Sentinel. I don't think he was talking about that portion of the wing.

Okay, well I do see what you mean about not being able to do the patterns in SNOT. If you are going to use plates, then maybe try using 1x1 plates with a horizontal clip, sandwiched between wing plates, for the little vent things in the front of the wings. That is usually an effective form of greebling in tight spaces.

(Sorry I didn't explain that very well :tongue: )

Boy this is going to be awesome to watch!

Id love to see pics of what you have already done to se how well its going!

Go for it Cavegod and produce a fantastic MOC! :sweet:

That's the same technique he used in his Lambda and Sentinel. I don't think he was talking about that portion of the wing.

I didn't mean for the wing - the angle in that second picture shows the location I meant. The bent U shaped sides of the body seem about the same angle.

I didn't mean for the wing - the angle in that second picture shows the location I meant. The bent U shaped sides of the body seem about the same angle.

Been there already the angles are too steep.

Wow, that's really looking good so far :thumbup:

I love the studdy look of the cockpit.

Can't wait to see where this will take us and you.

Keep at it.

The cockpit is looking good so far. I agree, those engines are going to be...interesting to recreate accurately.

I don't have any helpful tips on anything you've completed, so I will wait patiently for another update. Looking forward to seeing more.

Re the engines, I have nio idea about if the scale works, but what about 2x2 trans-blue round bricks with the 4x4 curved pieces around them.

Not the greatest fan of studs, but this is looking good so far! The plates are all lined up really cleanly.

Not the greatest fan of studs, but this is looking good so far! The plates are all lined up really cleanly.

i will be getting rid of as many studs as possible.

i will be getting rid of as many studs as possible.

Sounds good. :sweet:

What did you decide about my suggestion for the wings? I assume it was too weak.

Not the greatest fan of studs, but this is looking good so far!

Then why are you a Lego fan??? :sceptic:

I kid, I kid :tongue:

Then why are you a Lego fan??? :sceptic:

I kid, I kid :tongue:

:tongue:

I like to think of studs as another form of detailing when they're not used to attach bricks. If you need some random greebles, add a stud. If you need a small circle, add a stud. But if you don't need the stud and the surface of the model should be smooth, get rid of the stud.

:tongue:

I like to think of studs as another form of detailing when they're not used to attach bricks. If you need some random greebles, add a stud. If you need a small circle, add a stud. But if you don't need the stud and the surface of the model should be smooth, get rid of the stud.

I know greebles would make this a whole lot better... But I love it so far :thumbup::thumbup: (two thumbs up)

Looking very exciting so far cavegod! :wub: Keep it up and I can't wait for updates!

Oh, btw, are you going to make the seats in the cockpit with the functions seen in the CW series? How they go up and down to get the pilots out?

CF