Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Glued magnets issue solved

The "heat in water for 5 minutes at precisely 160 degrees" method works well. They just sort of "bink" off. It's really only useful if you are looking to fill out a scene or looking for a character for playing with. It is still detectable that the fig was from the magnet so you could never really sell the figs.

Edited by Faefrost

Offhand, do the legs separate from the torsos? I was considering the same thing for the Ewok-TIE Pilot-Jar Jar set, since the legs are all plain, it should be easy to replace them.

Offhand, do the legs separate from the torsos? I was considering the same thing for the Ewok-TIE Pilot-Jar Jar set, since the legs are all plain, it should be easy to replace them.

No, but the individual legs separate from the waistband. I've tried the hot water technique on a few - it works, but it's a little hard to get some off.

Honestly, unless you find the magnet sets in the clearence bin, it's often not really worth it. More often then not you can find the figure you want cheaper and for less hassle on Bricklink. For the most part we are not talking the sought after collectables versions of figs being used for these sets.

Oh and one important point. If you do want to try the hot water trick, make sure you have removed any of those softer rubbery custom parts, such as Kit Fisto's head first. Some of them use a lower temperature plastic that will soften or deform before the abs used in the minifigs body.