Sign in to follow this  
def

Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum - Day One

dayone.jpg

It's a cold, brisk morning. The patients are on the verge of a tizzy, knowing they are locked in with murderers. But, ever the consummate professional, Dr. Blutziegel attempts to organize and restrain his frantic captives.

dayonebloodbrick.jpg

Ah, Dr. Blutziegel speaks...

dayonewashingbear.jpg

Patients, as has been the case in the past, I dislike being directly involved with you sorry, sorry people, so I request you to elect a Patients Representative. This position is of minor power, and you will vote for it. Staff, as you have direct contact with me, you need not take part. Patients, the person you elect will be your liaison with me, so, choose responsibly.

Let me know your decision by lunch time.

Nurse Penny listened raptly, shocked that Dr. Blutziegel would ever give any patients any responsibility. Up to now, it was unheard of. Ryan Catchers on the other hand was put off at the notion of having to participate

dayonepennyandryan.jpg

At the back of the room, the Spacetwins tittered, unaware of the seriousness of the situation. Big Cam was just happy to be there.

dayonebigcamtwins.jpg

Patients have 36 game hours to elect the Patients Representative (PR). This position will give the player a minor night role (in addition to, and not conflicting with, any arising from their pre-set roles) and the PR will be the deciding vote in the case of a tie. The PR cannot be unelected, and will only be replaced in the case of death. In that case, the second highest vote-getter will become the PR. Patients may campaign to be elected in any manner they please. Staff may not vote, but they can show support for candidates in any way they please. Proxy voting is not applicable for this vote.

Because of this special vote, Day One will be an extended 84 hour day. The first 36 hours to vote for the PR, the latter 48 to vote to lynch, as usual. Dr. Bloodbrick's announcement of the PR will signal the voting to start.

Normally, days will be starting at midnight (Japan time), but this first day is starting at noon, mainly because it's New Years, and I'm at home, and can answer any questions you have about the PR role.

Good luck, everyone!

The Rules

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.

3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.

4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.

5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.

6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.

7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'

8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.

9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."

10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.

11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.

12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.

13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.

The Players

drb.jpgDr Blutziegel (def, NPC)

st-dr1.jpgDr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)

st-dr2.jpgDr Rajim (Admiral Ron)

st-nur1.jpgNurse Pendleton (Zephyr)

st-nur2.jpgNurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)

st-nur3.jpgNurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)

m-robot.jpgSparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs)

m-munch.jpgPerry Noid (ADHO15)

c-sailor.jpgSalvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)

m-bc.jpgCameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Big Cam)

m-senor.jpgSeñor Canny Bolero (Iamded)

b-holden.jpgRyan Catchers (Rick)

b-caveman.jpgTed Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)

b-lilsanta.jpgSandy Craws (Sandy)

b-cat.jpgCat Manuel (The Penguin)

b-king.jpgThe King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk)

r-mrn.jpg'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)

r-wolfboy.jpg'Lupo' (Rufus)

r-chief.jpgChief Washing Bear (JimButcher)

r-jesus.jpgDougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)

r-pyro.jpgPetey Pirowski (Peanuts)

c-spacetwin.jpg'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)

m-spacetwin.jpg'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman)

c-prof.jpgProfessor Diem (Walter Kovacs)

c-shadows.jpgKevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows)

c-mrs.jpgMisty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)

s-martian.jpgMartin Century (Stash2Sixx)

s-spaceman.jpgStanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)

s-gi.jpgDudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)

s-chef.jpgCookie Custer (Roncanator)

s-pkd.jpgHavel Pavlov (Sok117)

Reserves

1. Cralegoboy

2. Professor Flitwick

3. Eskallon

4. Callmepie

5. DannyLongLegs

6. Legonator

7. Emperor Claudius Rome

8. Captain John Paul

I would like to formally throw my hat or rather helmet into the ring for Patient Representative. Who better to represent the populace than a galactic explorer and space hero? Being so tall I know I can reach great new heights of awesomeness as a representative of you fine people. Thank you.

Well, as I am the King of Delaware, I should be the PR for us all. I have the knowledge of running a kingdom, so I'll throw my crown in... although I would like it back... Now, just don't expect me to find a meeting room without a map, as somebody has removed my kingdom and made it a very small kingdom now. :hmpf_bad:

But if I can't be our PR, I'd nominate that King of Kings Dougie "Jesus" fellow.

No need to nominate, just post

Vote for PR: Name

Looks like two candidates want the position. And yes, in this case, you can vote for yourself.

Vote?!?! Whatever happened to monarchies? :sing: Well, fine. I, the great King of Delaware, will vote.

VOTE FOR PR: The King of Delaware/KingoftheZempk

And you all better vote for me, I don't smell that bad.

Hm, Washing Bear trusts King of Delaware. Washing Bear votes.

Vote for PR: The King of Delaware/ KingoftheZempk

Why, little animals ask? No, am not sinister. Washing Bear knows King from many moons ago. Washing Bear knows of King's innocence. Hoo-ah!

Thank you, Friend Washing Bear. Yes loyal subjects and animals, we are good friends. To arms to defend Blutziegel!

And, for the sake of keeping things manageable, let's keep a running tally. Please update the tally as you vote.

KingoftheZempk (2; King, JimBee)

Well I feel as the only sane person here I should be the pr. People say I'm bigger than normal, but I'm normal, everyone else is small. All the staff here have always been so kind, I'm sure they will help us find the killer, as a same person I can be of great use to the staff.

I vote for myself. pr: cameron "big cam" oaktree

Kingofthezempk 2 jimbee, kingotz

Big cam 1 bc

As much as I want to put my hat into the ring, Im afraid Im just a cookie. I think Big Cam will do the best job as because he's so freakin' tall he can project his booming voice. I mean look at the guy, he's a freakin' giant dude. I think he will do it the bestest for us.

Vote: Cameron "Big Cam" Oaktree

Big Cam (2; BC, Roncanator)

Well, I think the wisest choice for PR would be someone who wouldn't pose a threat to us. And who is the least dangerous than the ever virtuous son of God? It is for this reason I put my vote for PR to Jesus, or as some know him, Dougie Douglas.

So now we have dos votes for the King (KingoftheZempk, JimButcher), dos votes for our large friend Big Cam (Big Cam, Roncanator) and uno vote for Dougie 'Jesus' Douglas (iamded). :sweet:

I don't trrrrust that Jesus fella. I've been obserrving the dudes in my rrrrroom, and I think Mr Nowherrre would make the best patient rrrreprrresentative. He seems a strrraight kinda guy. Maybe his lack of identity would be a strrength in this position.

Vote for PR: Mr Nowhere (Scouts)

Scouts (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Hmmm... I think a former military soldier is perfect, like myself. We did this with other countries during the war

Vote for PR: Mrlegoninja

Scouts (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Mrlegoninja (1: Mrlegoninja)

Considering this position carries some powers that we don't know yet and gets the deciding vote in case of a tie, I think the most important thing is that we don't let this position fall in the hands of the Sinister. I'm surprised at how much confidence some of you have in others, unless you know something more of them...

So the only rational thing for me to do is vote for the one person I can trust at this stage.

Vote for PR: Ryan Catchers

Scouts (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Mrlegoninja (1; Mrlegoninja)

Ryan Catchers (1; Rick)

Ho ho ho, look at the crazies go! Everybody's voting for their own big behind, unsurprisingly. I personally can't say I trust any of you, but I think the big guy is the least conniving psychopath of the bunch, so he'll get my vote.

Vote for PR: Big Cam

Big Cam (3; Big Cam, Roncanator, Sandy)

The King of Delaware (2; KingoftheZempk, JimButcher)

Mr. Nowhere (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Dudley Eisenhower (1; Mrlegoninja)

Ryan Catchers (1; Rick)

Vote for PR: Big Cam

Big Cam (4; Big Cam, Roncanator, Sandy, ADHO15)

The King of Delaware (2; KingoftheZempk, JimButcher)

Mr. Nowhere (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Ryan Catchers (1; Rick)

It's always useful to befriend the big guy! He's a good roommate too. I think he'll do a good job for us.

I am not certain of the agendas of my fellow patients at the present time. Therefore I will not vote.

I do not understand why everybody is so quick to vote for "Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree". Does somebody know something I do not? Please enlighten me.

I do not understand why everybody is so quick to vote for "Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree". Does somebody know something I do not? Please enlighten me.

I'm sure it's mostly just gut feelings at this point. I certainly don't know anything about Big Cam besides the fact that he's duplorrific.

However, I'd rather participate in the choosing than let you loonies select the PR by yourselves.

I don't feel like I know any of you well enough to vote at this point and I have no interest in a position of authority myself. It's quite taxing enough just being as great as I am, I certainly can't take on more responsibility caring for you crazy people.

That said, I think I'll wait a bit. Someone sell me on yourself with some facts or cookies or something.

I'm sure it's mostly just gut feelings at this point. I certainly don't know anything about Big Cam besides the fact that he's duplorrific.

However, I'd rather participate in the choosing than let you loonies select the PR by yourselves.

Well everyone tells me I'm larger than life, but I know them to be wrong. I'm just like you, but everyone has been telling me this for so long, sometimes I just play along to make them stop. I'd be a valuable leader and I want to find this killer so things can go back t normal. I miss Tuesday night TV time.

I actually am going to change my vote from the great King of Delaware. I believe my friend, Washing Bear, has better experience, as while I do rule a kingdom, my subjects pay taxes to me. Washing bear has many friends, both human and animal, and seeing how we are placed in this "Asylum" and how the staff say we're "only slightly different from people of the outside" I think that he should be our PR as since we're "crazy" and some animals are "crazy" and humans are "crazy", Washing Bear he can talk to the "crazies".

UNVOTE FOR PR: The King of Delaware/KingoftheZempk

VOTE FOR PR: Washing Bear/JimButcher

If anyone would like to talk to the King of Delaware on this, they may meet me in my throne room.

Gah, in my wisdom I forgot to update the list. Here's the new list my subjects.

Big Cam (4; Big Cam, Roncanator, Sandy, ADHO15)

The King of Delaware (1; JimButcher)

Mr. Nowhere (1; Rufus)

Jesus (1; iamded)

Ryan Catchers (1; Rick)

Washing Bear (1; KingoftheZempk)

drb.jpg

Well, I'm glad to see you're coming along with some suggestions. Big Cam, you look like you've garnered some favor among the folks here. That'll be a lot for someone to overcome. But, then again, there are only 10 votes recorded, and another 15 to come. Who knows which way things will once everyone's voice has been heard.

Does it feel like January first to you all?

January? What's that? I go by the Delawarian calendar, and today is the 1st of Dovierian.

The role of PR should go to the smartest person in the asylum. And since I'm a medical genius, that obviously is me. Besides, the rest of you are clearly insane.

However, since it looks like some of you have made up your minds already, I'm going to withhold my vote for now and watch how things progress.

I am not certain of the agendas of my fellow patients at the present time. Therefore I will not vote.

It could be that the Sinister Insanes are trying to gain the tie-breaking vote for themselves. :hmpf_bad:

The role of PR should go to the smartest person in the asylum. And since I'm a medical genius, that obviously is me. Besides, the rest of you are clearly insane.

However, since it looks like some of you have made up your minds already, I'm going to withhold my vote for now and watch how things progress.

It could be that the Sinister Insanes are trying to gain the tie-breaking vote for themselves. :hmpf_bad:

That's quite an accusation, Sir Doctor. But it is a possibility, if the Sinister are trying to put one of their own in, maybe even the godfather, then we have quite a predicament. It can be a very real threat. Seeing as there are 26 of us patients, and 4 of the staff, I'm estimating around 4 to 6 04 7 Sinisters right now. Now servants, bring out my math items.

*waits but no one comes*

Why do kings have do everything now? But anyway, since the staff can't vote, that leaves us with 26 patients. So let's say there are 2 Sinisters that are staff... subtract that and we have up to 4 (I'm using 6 as a base right now) insane that are one of "us". Now while some who vote for the giant may be just Insane, some can certainly be Sinister Insane trying to get one of them in. With 4 left, that can leave 4 to vote, thus meaning the 4 who voted for Cam may be Sinister, but none of us are sure.

Just some base numbers I cam up with.