Sign in to follow this  
pif500

The Old Lighthouse

Very nice MOC! The boat really seems to move a little on the waves.

The lighthouse is also nice. I like the roof, the lamp and fishes inside and the seagulls.

What is that creature next to the lighthouse (made of a hairpiece) supposed to be?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

What is that creature next to the lighthouse (made of a hairpiece) supposed to be?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I think that is a crab. This is a great moc I like the small long distance shot too! :jollyroger:

I'm not a big "pirate poster", but I am a sucker for lighthouses. You've certainly created a nice little MOC here. I love how you incorporated a number of unusual pieces, like the wrenches for the roof top. Your pelican is "top-notch" with use of a minifig hand -quite clever.

Other aspecs like the classic green doors and the sloped design of the main rock/island structure look nice.

Great job pif! :thumbup:

Like Brickthing, I'm not really a big Pirate poster, but I had to comment on this. I simply love it. I love old architecture, and I really enjoyed viewing this. I like the use of the wrenches, and the rock effect is gorgeous. I love your dock, it's really well-made. This really does deserve to be blogged, well done.

Edited by cralegoboy

I really like this, it just kinda stands out to me as its a very different design to what I usually see of lighthouses. Great details and water effects, plus the colour palette is really nice. Great work! Im really looking forward to building pirate mocs again and this just makes me wanna start building :thumbup:

I'm not crazy about your photoshopped background, but the MOC is great. I love the way you did the lighthouse.

Very original.

It looks really well made, but what's with all the minifig hands?

Yes. Indeed, what is with all the minifig hands? Firewood perhaps? You should lend me a hand to this explanation...

Yes. Indeed, what is with all the minifig hands? Firewood perhaps? You should lend me a hand to this explanation...

It's a crab :pir-classic:

Looks good pif, I always enjoy looking at a good lighthouse, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

I'm not crazy about your photoshopped background, but the MOC is great. I love the way you did the lighthouse.

Very original.

I think his photoshop background is rather appropriate, it is neat, clean, and concise.