Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Edgewood

MOC: Project GSV

Hello there!

I'm new to these boards and would like to show off a few of the MOCs I recently cobbled together in LDD Universe Mode. As it stands I cannot upload photographs of any actual bricks because I no longer own any and cannot presently afford to buy new sets to 'restart' my old collection. I sincerely hope that an all-LDD MOC collection won't offend anyone's sensibilities.

These MOCs are part of a theme of mine, called Project GSV. They are mostly humanoid bipedal robots with a distinctly Eastern feel to them.

First up is my GVX-06 Tornado (LXF File). This particular unit is capable of transforming into a compact Aerofighter Mode. Pictured here are both of its modes.

TornadoAction.png

Next up is the GVX-07 Nightmare (LXF File), which features a strange set of retractable grappling claws as greaves on its double-jointed legs. That feature took a very long time to successfully implement.

NightmareAction.png

After that is the GVX-05 Threshold (LXF File). I wanted to build something with a tons of grenades just for the fun of it, and this it what got turned out.

ThresholdAction.png

Finally, my GVX-04 Leviathan (LXF File). An aquatic unit with an experimental color scheme, I tossed a pair of torpedo launchers on the shoulder just to offset the angles of the body pointing down.

LeviAction.png

I had a larger theme going that was comprised of over 150 LDD models, but it felt as if I was upgrading the same set of five robots over and over again, locking myself into a closed design cycle. I decided to archive them and scrap the series in order to free myself up to build more unique one-off designs. The kits posted here are the result of that desire to build whatever I wanted, free from self-imposed restraint.

Wow, I'm very much impressed with these collection of Mecha LDD MOCs you have Dr. Edgewood! As an LDD builder myself, I'm quite amazed how well you did all those intricate greebling details and at the same time effectively positioning each mecha in an effective action pose. I see these have high resemblance with Gundam designs, which I really really like. Now I sincerely hope you'll be able to realize these in brickbuild in the near future. Again, great work on these and welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

Wow, I'm very much impressed with these collection of Mecha LDD MOCs you have Dr. Edgewood! As an LDD builder myself, I'm quite amazed how well you did all those intricate greebling details and at the same time effectively positioning each mecha in an effective action pose. I see these have high resemblance with Gundam designs, which I really really like. Now I sincerely hope you'll be able to realize these in brickbuild in the near future. Again, great work on these and welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

Thank you very much, Mr. KielDaMan. These are ostensibly inspired by Gundam, as I picked up scale model building in high school. Ironically enough, mecha models replaced LEGO as my dominant hobby, but I've decided that there's room in my heart for both. If I ever do start buying real bricks to work with, I'll have to pick up a little expansion set of Mega Bloks to augment the LEGOs, since the boys at Takara Tomy actually molded a Mega Bloks Gundam v-fin and other officially-licensed Gundam bricks that are compatible with LEGO system!

A few new pieces to add to the collection.

GVM-02 Astra (LXF File); I felt like building a simplified mass-production style robot.

AstraAction.png

GVX-01 Vector (LXF File); A multi-role machine with a small handful of powerful armaments.

VectorAction.png

GVX-03 Templar (LXF File); A close-quarters combat machine, the Templar's primary blade also sports a beam pistol as a medium-range sidearm.

TemplarAction.png