Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

Star Wars TTfigs

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everyone,

as some of you might know, I have been creating my own minifigs called 'TTfigs' using the upperbody of regular minifigs but with custom legs allowing more design options aswell as different poses such as kneeling, horseback riding, ...

I've made several of my figures from the Star Wars universe aswell and I hope you'll like them.

First up Boba Fett based on the The Force Unleashed II comic. (Hence why he's carying the rebel fleet trooper blaster)

Since the TTfigs are longer, I had to use the damaged troll cape instead of Boba's damaged cape.

5283564203_9075e2b087.jpg

Saber guard from the Force Unleashed II. Trained to a certain limit in the Force but experienced with lightsabers.

5283564971_0d52892e4a.jpg

Rebel fleet trooper

5283566197_9054827b41.jpg

Stormtrooper, note the asymmetrical leg armour. I did a lot of different designs for the legs, using black parts but nothing did the trick. The simplest design finally appeared to be the best.

5284163446_11008f6211.jpg

Clone trooper phase one. Same story on the legs.

5283565697_0deaa5cd0f.jpg

And finally, Darth Vader battle damaged from The Force Unleashed. Still needs a decent cape though.

5284162696_33285087f2.jpg

Comments, criticism and the like are appreciated. :classic:

TT

This is a very interesting and unique approach in customizing the SW figures Tanotrooper! I've seen your works before and I never knew it would also look great for the SW characters! Among these I really like the gold Saber Guard from TFU2 and the battle-damaged Vader. Very well done! :thumbup:

I like what you have done here a lot! Good Job! it's cool to see figs with more poseable legs, perhaps I'll want to borrow some of these techniques in my future MOCs, if that's OK with you :blush:

This proves how oversized the new Mando helmet is. Great job on these. My favourite is Darth Vader. I think you should add some black pieces to the clones' legs, to cut up the white a bit.

Very intriguing, Tanotrooper. I like where you're going with these, although they seem to lose some of their 'Minifigure-ness'.

Thanks for the comments :classic: and feel free to use any of the design elements.

Here's a picture of the construction of the figures:

5284167466_566fa16cf5.jpg

The hand goes below the X on the X-frame.

@prateek: I've been searching for the right combo between black and white for quite a while and although this is a step forward, it itsn't good enough yet like you said. The problem is the the black only appear at the knees and thighs and if I make these black, the black is too overwhelming. A work in progress I suppose.

@Brickdoctor: yes they do, but in return they do look more scaled and realistic. (sort of like small customisable actionfigures?)

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

Really nice idea, My favorite has to be battle damaged Darth Vader, Most of these are based on FU2 yet no Starkiller? :tongue:

This made me want the game too :classic:

Amazing work Tantotrooper. :thumbup:

I'd love to see a tauntaun version using the techniques you've used for that horse.

Nice technique. I have seen this sort of thing before but I always wondered how it was done. Thanks for showing us the technique and your customs are really good looking.

Thanks for Sharing :classic:

Amazing work Tantotrooper. :thumbup:

I'd love to see a tauntaun version using the techniques you've used for that horse.

Thanks for the comments!

Never really liked tauntauns :laugh: but I am planning on making some vehicles in this scale.

I haven't made Starkiller yet but will soon. A quite unique design I hope to post soon is a B1 battle droid in this scale, but the scarcity of the tile 1*1 with clip in tan (well, the price of the part actually) does make it difficult to make it into mass production.

I'll see if I can get any figures up tonight. :classic:

TT

These are cool, very innovative!

Thanks!

First of all, a happy newyear to all! It's 2 AM now, and I have my first MOC up for 2011! :laugh: This actually dates back to 2009 but the design underwent some changes in the last few days.

5311187686_ea90b66f11_z.jpg

(for larger image, check this link on Flickr.

In scale with my TTfigs (well, a tad too big but who cares :wink: ) is the B1 Battle Droid. I suppose you all know the backstory for this one. I've designed the B1 so that it has interchangable parts in order to usually transform it into the OOM series. (commander, security and pilot) I think this is the first time in this scale that both antennae are represented?

The front of the blaster looks like the front of a DC-17, but I wanted to represent the bulky, blocky feel of the gun. (Remember how big and clumsy it looked in Padme's hand?) The backpack is removable without any problem. The head has a wide array of movement (multiple joints at the head), doesn't fall off and pieces can be removed on different parts of the head to represent saber damage.

I really love battle droids ever since they appeared on the screen for episode I, and for me the real droids are those from episode I and II aswell as the original Clone Wars shorts. (not really smart but not stupid either, with a medium voicetone and without any feelings.) Lucas destroyed every charm the battledroids had in order to make other characters or clones look better. (high pitched tones, emotions, clumsiness to the extreme etc.)

Now why is this B1 white? It was the only colour in which I have all the parts so far. My biggest concern for mass production has been resolved so these will be produced in around 30 units. When all tan parts arrive, I'll be able to show all the OOM droids aswell.

TT

Great job. The backpack looks sweet. :sweet:

Thanks :classic: I saw your UCS battle droid design on MOCpages yesterday, great work on that one. (It appearantly even uses some of the same techniques for the arms etc.) Mine can't fold accurately for storage though. :laugh:

TT

Thanks :classic: I saw your UCS battle droid design on MOCpages yesterday, great work on that one. (It appearantly even uses some of the same techniques for the arms etc.) Mine can't fold accurately for storage though. :laugh:

TT

Thanks.

There comes a point when articulation can only be added with size, and I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of.

That battle droid is amazing and that's just a preview. :wub:

I can't wait to see one in a more accurate colour scheme.

That battle droid is amazing and that's just a preview. :wub:

I can't wait to see one in a more accurate colour scheme.

Thanks :classic: I'll have the correctly coloured version up in a week or two.

Next one, the Emperor's Royal Guard:

5316897167_a112ff1078_b.jpg

It's quite heavy on the cape use, but now thanks to the use of 2 capes on top of eachother I can represent a normal length cape. (This will work better on Darth Vader, the cape on this figure is dragging across the floor.)

Comments are always very appreciated :classic:

TT

really nice! I like the white battle droid and also the royal guards! Looks absolutely fantastic!

Nice job with the cape, Tanotrooper! Did you use dk. red due to parts limitations?

Thank you! :laugh:

The uniform under the red cloak is dark red:

DH15111lg.jpg

In this picture the gloves are regular red but usually it's dark red.

@ceroknight: thanks! :classic:

TT

Nice job with the cape, Tanotrooper! Did you use dk. red due to parts limitations?

If I remember correctly, the royal guards actually do seem to be wearing darker armor under their cloaks, so dark red would be accurate.

These 'TTfigs' are slightly bizarre, but very creative as well!

Have you done any other droids other than the B1 (B-2, 2-1B, 3PO, etc.)?

Thank you! :laugh:

The uniform under the red cloak is dark red:

[snip]

In this picture the gloves are regular red but usually it's dark red.

If I remember correctly, the royal guards actually do seem to be wearing darker armor under their cloaks, so dark red would be accurate.

Okay, thanks. :classic:

These 'TTfigs' are slightly bizarre, but very creative as well!

Have you done any other droids other than the B1 (B-2, 2-1B, 3PO, etc.)?

I haven't yet, but I will make new droids in the future. I was thinking about doing a Droideka or Super Battle Droid up next. (Or the terror trooper from TFUII)

TT

Im kinda liking these. I think it is a cool idea and some of them look great, especially the B1 droid, but Doc is right, I think they are losing there minifigness (if thats a word).

Keep it up though. :sweet:

CF