dr jones

Small Gods comic

EDIT: A new page is up, I also enlarged it a bit

please admins don't kill me, I'm doing this for the good of readerkind...:laugh:

Enjoy! More coming up!

I've recently read Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, And I thought: Why not make a comic?

So that's what I did, Here's the first part:

I want to thank everyone who's creations are in there, since I don't know their names I thank all of them

(Sorry if it's a little bit small but they are made to be printed on paper (I'm making a real book of it))

The cover:

5279452987_f5521a654d_b.jpg

5280056544_723ab8b6df_b.jpg

5280057388_0399c61a80_b.jpg

5280058694_84f0035412_b.jpg

5280059614_3c321ecd01_b.jpg

5279456905_8374ea4405_b.jpg

5280060188_bbd02dc843_b.jpg

5280061094_92526b4858_b.jpg

5280062738_804113f7e4_b.jpg

5280063698_b564cb2e00_b.jpg

5301268446_6dc09a470c_b.jpg

More to come...

Edited by dr jones

Excellent. You have got the story line great and the pictures are great. I really enjoyed reading this.

Thanks for Sharing :classic:

And the eagle is a masterpiece :thumbup:

I didn't make it, I took the picture from the net, as well as the citadel, but because I couldn't find any names I just said thank you in general.

( I'm not that great in building)

Added the next page.

A little question to you all, Would it be more useful if I posted the new pages in a new response so that you czn see there's a new one

or if I kept posting them in the first?

I also enlarged the previous parts with the blessing of KimT.

Ahh Awesome Another Pratchett Fan, we need to start a a group for us Pratchett fans, This is a very good version of Small Gods.

If it is ok with you may I borrow your Turtle Idea.

Anyhow Please post more and check out my Discworld stuff.

Ahh Awesome Another Pratchett Fan, we need to start a a group for us Pratchett fans, This is a very good version of Small Gods.

If it is ok with you may I borrow your Turtle Idea.

Anyhow Please post more and check out my Discworld stuff.

Yes sure you can, it's a helmet from Toy Story and a one by one flat piece with that ring on it and on top of it there's a round flat piece.

Next update coming soon...

Even sooner then expected!

There is another chapter complete, so now I'm going to wait 'till I have completed the next chapter in whole.

Enjoy!

5303427181_791c69d81f_b.jpg

5303428923_d128757437_b.jpg

More coming soon!

Great :thumbup: I liked how the small turtle is threatening the boy with destroying the earth and things like that :laugh:

With a limited amount of brigs you're still able to make a good comic. Good job.

A very nice adaption of the book. It's one of my favorite Pratchett novels, since it's somewhat different from the rest of the Discworld series.

You've done an excellent job with the structure of the comic, the panels make the story easy to follow and there's a nice mixture of close-ups and shots from afar. The backgrounds are a great touch as well, although it would've been nice if the Great A'Tuin in the beginning was brickbuilt as well. I think a good rule with using backdrops in Lego comis is that everything essential should be built with bricks, and all panels should have at least one Lego piece in it. But that's just my opinion on the matter. :wink:

There's also some grammar issues (capitalization & punctuation), and you could certainly take the time to blow off the dust from the baseplates. One stray hair might not be even noticeable during a photoshoot, but it can easily ruin the whole photo. The same applies to dust.

Keep on going, please!

A very nice adaption of the book. It's one of my favorite Pratchett novels, since it's somewhat different from the rest of the Discworld series.

You've done an excellent job with the structure of the comic, the panels make the story easy to follow and there's a nice mixture of close-ups and shots from afar. The backgrounds are a great touch as well, although it would've been nice if the Great A'Tuin in the beginning was brickbuilt as well. I think a good rule with using backdrops in Lego comis is that everything essential should be built with bricks, and all panels should have at least one Lego piece in it. But that's just my opinion on the matter. :wink:

There's also some grammar issues (capitalization & punctuation), and you could certainly take the time to blow off the dust from the baseplates. One stray hair might not be even noticeable during a photoshoot, but it can easily ruin the whole photo. The same applies to dust.

Keep on going, please!

Yes, indeed, in the first few pages there are some grammar issues, those are solved in the finished product (the book) but I forgot to post the improvements here. :look:

And please do remember that this is my first comic what so ever. They will improve along the way

But yes, You are correct with most of your statements. Thanks alot! :classic:

And please do remember that this is my first comic what so ever. They will improve along the way

That was my intent as well: I want you to improve. That's why I gave you some constructive criticism along with the praises. You can't really learn from positive feedback, as important as getting it is too. :wink:

I'm always looking for things to do better in my comics as well. Just compare my first comic (Princess Quest) to the one I posted today. :grin:

That was my intent as well: I want you to improve. That's why I gave you some constructive criticism along with the praises. You can't really learn from positive feedback, as important as getting it is too. :wink:

Indeed, so thank you alot

cheers and a happy new year!

New chapter, altough it's only one page. :oh3:

More coming up, and check the Discworld fanclub in the multimedia forum! :laugh:

5339793400_ebcbefe53b_b.jpg