Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

KielDaMan’s Star Wars Creations in LDD

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

This is the season of giving, and with Christmas just around the corner, I decided to share my Star Wars Creations in LDD as a way of giving back to the community that I’ve come to love the past couple of years. I have received some inquiries before asking for instructions of my creations, and after getting into LDD lately, I was finally able to construct all my MOCs in LDD. Now one can view these MOCs up-close, zoom them, rotate them, analyze the parts and build, etc. The LXF files will essentially serve as the instructions for those who might be interested to build their own. So here they are, my Star Wars Creations in LDD:

NOTE: Due to limitations in LDD, there are some discrepancies (illegal connection, collision errors, unavailable parts) between the real MOCs and their LDD design.

BARC-X Speeder Bike

barc-x_speeder_bike.png

Download LXF file here

Lightning Squadron

lightning_squadron.png

Download LXF file here

J.A.G. – Jedi Attack Gunship

jag_jedi_attack_gunship.png

Download LXF file here

ARC Gunship

arc_gunship.png

Download LXF file here

Razor Squadron ARC-170 Starfighter

razor_squadron_arc-170.png

Download LXF file here

Jedi Shuttle Bus

jedi_shuttle_bus.png

Download LXF file here

Delta 7-B Starfighter Collection

jsf_collection.png

Download LXF file here

Special thanks to ADHO15 for the LXF files of the 7675 RGS and 8088 ARC-170 I used as ‘base LXF files’.

Behind the Scene:

This celebrates my Grand Dukehood. :sweet:

Well, that’s it, I hope you’ve enjoyed my creations of the past year, ‘til next year for my next batch of MOCs!

5221828589_0dae46bee4_t.jpg Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Merry Christmas happy Life Day, KDM! Or at least, in a few days.

It's great that you're providing instructions for the community to use; I considered doing the same thing when I first accessed LU mode, but I fear my creations would fare even worse than yours based on my use of illegal connections.

BTW, the red star looks good; matches your avatar. :grin:

Hehe, I knew this was coming. :grin:

They look excellent KDM, I can tell you have been using Universe mode to make these.

I might have to give the Speeder bike and lightning squadron files a go, should be fun! :sweet:

Thanks for doing this and for all the hard work creating these wonderful mocs! Looking forward to more mocs from you in the coming year!

you aiming for Arch Duke by next christmas? :grin:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

It's great that you're providing instructions for the community to use; I considered doing the same thing when I first accessed LU mode, but I fear my creations would fare even worse than yours based on my use of illegal connections.

Thanks Doc! I admit it it was kinda hard, actually impossible, to pull-off the illegal connections in LDD, that's why I had to modify some of the builds so I can present them in LDD.

Hehe, I knew this was coming. :grin:

They look excellent KDM, I can tell you have been using Universe mode to make these.

I might have to give the Speeder bike and lightning squadron files a go, should be fun! :sweet:

Thanks for doing this and for all the hard work creating these wonderful mocs! Looking forward to more mocs from you in the coming year!

Yup, LU mode is your best friend in LDD. As of now, I still don't know what I'll do next, just want to take a break and enjoy the holidays. Regarding the Arch Duke thingy, no I'm not really aiming for anything, just trying to be active here in EB that's all. :classic:

Thanks for sharing these KDM. They look really good and I am sure will help a lot of people develop there skills. The jedi starfighter collection is my personal favourite and I might take some tips from them for the nose. :thumbup:

Again Thanks for giving us these :classic:

Nice idea converting your great MOCs to useful LXF files, KDM! I should certainly have a closer look at some of these! :thumbup:

Glad you didn't have to start from scratch on some of them. :tongue:

Congrats on becoming a Grand Duke!

Wow, some of these MOC's are really great.

Why didn't you use the cape for Bariss Ofee (?) --- I'm not sure did I write it exactly.

That's a very thoughtful early Christmas present KielDaMan and all neatly wrapped in lxf form :thumbup: . It must have taken you quite a while to complete all these - and sometimes not using illegal connections can be very challenging.

Also, congratulations on your Grand Duke-dom.

I'm going away for a Christmas break tomorrow so I'll take this opportunity to wish You and Yours all the best for the Holiday Season - Have a good one!

Regards, 'Praiter'

Thanks Doc! I admit it it was kinda hard, actually impossible, to pull-off the illegal connections in LDD, that's why I had to modify some of the builds so I can present them in LDD.

Heh, I know what you mean. I tried doing my 74-Z, and man, I must've had to 'float' 50% of the pieces with no attachment thatnks to illegal connections. The AT-RT didn't do much better, and after that I switched to Bricksmith.

Very nice. Thanks for the LXF Files too. I've been wanting to know how you made the Jedi Shuttle Bus thing. :thumbup:

Yup, LU mode is your best friend in LDD. As of now, I still don't know what I'll do next, just want to take a break and enjoy the holidays. Regarding the Arch Duke thingy, no I'm not really aiming for anything, just trying to be active here in EB that's all. :classic:

I know, but for some odd reason, or im to dumb to find it, I can't activate it on my computer. :hmpf_bad:

Same here. :sweet:

CF

I know, but for some odd reason, or im to dumb to find it, I can't activate it on my computer. :hmpf_bad:

CF

Plenty of help if you ask around in the LDD forum. :wink:

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks KDM. I guess this means I'm going to have to break down and figure out LDD, at least enough to extract some instructions on those JSFs.

I'm loving that Jedi Shuttle Bus! As mentioned before this must have taken forever to do all of this! :classic: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :classic:

Edited by The Lego Man!

Thanks for the kind comments and well wishes guys! :classic: I'm glad to know these will be useful for you.

Glad you didn't have to start from scratch on some of them. :tongue:

Thanks ADHO, your RGS and ARC-170 LXFs surely saved me a lot of time and effort. :grin:

Thanks for sharing these KDM. They look really good and I am sure will help a lot of people develop there skills. The jedi starfighter collection is my personal favourite and I might take some tips from them for the nose. :thumbup:

Again Thanks for giving us these :classic:

You're welcome Burman. I was really a skeptic about LDD first, but when I got to learn about the LU mode, that's when I really got into LDD building full-blast. It surely helped me understand more the building techniques of sets that I don't own. I hope other people will learn something from these files too (though I must admit I don't have much advanced techniques, and I don't know if the use of illegal connections is that highly recommended for new builders :grin:).

Why didn't you use the cape for Bariss Ofee (?) --- I'm not sure did I write it exactly.

I'm not so sure if I just forgot it, or I simply don't know where to find it and put on a cape on a minifig in LDD. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing these with us 'KielDaMan' and happy Life Day to you too ! :sweet:

And may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Thanks LT! :classic:

That's a very thoughtful early Christmas present KielDaMan and all neatly wrapped in lxf form :thumbup: . It must have taken you quite a while to complete all these - and sometimes not using illegal connections can be very challenging.

Also, congratulations on your Grand Duke-dom.

I'm going away for a Christmas break tomorrow so I'll take this opportunity to wish You and Yours all the best for the Holiday Season - Have a good one!

Regards, 'Praiter'

Thanks Praiter! Yeah it took me some time to finish this one, it's a good thing I started out early. Actually, what was more challenging is the positioning of the minifigs, as you'll see some of the connections are not properly attached. Oh well, those are just photos anyway, at least one can easily get the point in the more important LXF instruction files.

Wow! How long did it take you to build these? They look quite nice. Always glad to see new Mocs from you! :thumbup:

I think it took me around more or less 21 hours to complete these in a span of 7 days (1 LDD MOC per day).

I'm not so sure if I just forgot it, or I simply don't know where to find it and put on a cape on a minifig in LDD. :tongue:

Capes are in the section after the gears.

Capes are in the section after the gears.

Ah I see, thanks! I may not be able to change the LXF file/screenshot anymore but I'll remember that next time around. :classic:

Great job KDM! I dodn't there were so many starwars related parts on LDD...

And Congrats!

Thanks ceroknight! Yeah LDD 4.0 has has introduced a lot of new SW parts that weren't available in the previous version, and hopefully more to come in next versions.

CF

Here's the link the will guide you to unlock the LU mode of LDD. :wink:

These are really great Kiel, thanks so much for sharing during this festive season :thumbup: I might even have a go at the blue RGS.

Thanks ISC! Nice choice, the ARC Gunship is one of my favorites as well. If you have the 7676 RGS, you only need some additional blue parts but the only downside is, there are some parts that are unavailable in standard lego colors (that's why I had to spraypaint them).

I'm sorry to bother you, KielDaMan, especially on Christmas Eve, but the download of the JAG(at least for me) isn't an LXF file, it's a LXFML, how can I fix this?

Thanks for posting these awesome creations, by the way, I can't wait for more.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

By: A guy too lazy to write a signature...

I'm sorry to bother you, KielDaMan, especially on Christmas Eve, but the download of the JAG(at least for me) isn't an LXF file, it's a LXFML, how can I fix this?

Thanks for posting these awesome creations, by the way, I can't wait for more.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

By: A guy too lazy to write a signature...

No problemo blhc11, happy to serve you even on X-Mas eve. Here you go, I believe this should work. --> Download here. Tell me if it's already working or not.

Cheers,

~ KDM :classic: