Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Five

I would like to look in the boxes cautiously, just in case any communists with guns are in them.

Hmm, that's odd. Typewriters usually have a little bit of variation, even when they are from the same company. I learned that in Law school. Must be a communist conspiracy. :laugh:

Now that I have the file, I'd like to read through it. If someone needs to search the third floor, I can hand them my office keys, though I will make sure to keep my house keys on my person.

After I'm done reading, I will go up to the third floor.

We covered the second floor (with water :hmpf_bad: ) pretty well yesterday.

I'd like to search through the boxes for personnel records of the public servants. I'm looking for anything out of the ordinary in their hiring processes, financial situations, or birth records.

(Oops, meant for the above to be italicized.)

I'd like to search through the boxes for personnel records of the public servants. I'm looking for anything out of the ordinary in their hiring processes, financial situations, or birth records.

I would like to help, it will become twice as fast with 2 people.

I would like to search through desk drawers and cabinets in any other room to see if anything looks out of place.

I would like to look in the boxes cautiously, just in case any communists with guns are in them.

Ralph looks into a few boxes nearby the wall, but they're all empty.

Now that I have the file, I'd like to read through it. If someone needs to search the third floor, I can hand them my office keys, though I will make sure to keep my house keys on my person. After I'm done reading, I will go up to the third floor.

Mayor Bradford opens the file up.

CASE FILE 033

Victim Name: Laura Jefferson

Date of Death: 05/04/47

Date of Case Closure: 06/12/47

Ruled: Accidental Death

Lead Inspector: Detective Jack Langry Detective Langry's Signature

Supervising Chief: Chief Phelps' Signature

Notes:

-Victim fell off the Department Store Roof. How did she get up there? Why?

-Husband Patrick Jefferson cleared, alibi places him at a Senate Meeting in D.C.

Detective Notes:

-I believe that it could be more than an accidental death, but there's no evidence to support this. Family seems to believe that it was accidental, except for Steven Jefferson, the son. Chief Phelps was urging me to get this solved, but he seems to believe that this was accidental too.

Witnesses:

-Ms. Clark, a new arrival to the town says she heard Mrs. Jefferson and another woman arguing about an affair. She says this was minutes before she saw Mrs. Jefferson's body plummet to the street.

-Case Closed 06/12/47, due to lack of evidence and for closure to family.

Mayor Bradford then suggests they search upstairs. For those who can't recall, the third floor is Mayor Bradford's office, the Courtroom, and the temporary office of Congressman Bob.

James looks through the records boxes, and pulls out the files of Mayor Bradford, Will Ackerson, Judge Cain, Chief Phelps, Officer Fields, and Officer Harrison. He pokes around their files, but can't find anything suspicious or odd. Bradford, Ackerson, and Cain are all elected officials, Chief Phelps has worked as the Chief of Police for twenty years, and as an officer twenty years before that.

Any near by bin :P

Nurse Parker goes looking through a nearby trash bin, but can't find anything odd or out of place.

I would like to search through desk drawers and cabinets in any other room to see if anything looks out of place.

All the cabinets, desk drawers, and other items in the room have been searched. Please check the Chapter Two topic.

When we get upstairs, if everything looks like it is in order, I will unlock all file cabinets, drawers and doors that I have keys for. If everything is not in order, I will wait for a description.

Hmm, the Jefferson case is a lot less suspicious now than it first sounded. Just for completeness sake, do I know this Miss Clark?

When we get upstairs, if everything looks like it is in order, I will unlock all file cabinets, drawers and doors that I have keys for. If everything is not in order, I will wait for a description.

Hmm, the Jefferson case is a lot less suspicious now than it first sounded. Just for completeness sake, do I know this Miss Clark?

The townspeople travel upstairs. There's a hallway, and three doors. Two on the left side and one on the right side. The two on the left side are Mayor Bradford's Office and the Congressman's Office. The door on the right is the Courtroom.

"Usually the office belonging the the Congressman is my chambers, but I've vacated them so he may use them." Judge Cain says.

Hearing the name Ms. Clark, Dolores looks up.

"My maiden name is Clark." Dolores says. "I remember the event so vaguely now."

Notes:

-Victim fell off the Department Store Roof. How did she get up there? Why?

-Husband Patrick Jefferson cleared, alibi places him at a Senate Meeting in D.C.

I'm glad to know my hubby was not involved :wub:

Maybe we should visit the Department Store and try to figure out how they got to the roof?

I'd like to ask Steve why he didn't believe it was accidental. I'd also like to ask Captain Ted again if he knew Laura Jefferson. I'd also like to search the congressman's office for any clues he might have of the spies' identities that he has not told us.

I'd like to enter the Courtroom, please.

I would like to politely ask my loving Dolores about her fight with Laura.

I would like to console Gloria and Stevie, with the usual platitudes like 'She's not here to replace your mother', 'I still miss Laura too', 'I don't think Dolores could do anything like murder', etc.

Dolores, what do you remember about the argument my mother had with you? :cry_sad:

"The argument wasn't with me, it was with another woman." Dolores says.

I'd like to ask Steve why he didn't believe it was accidental. I'd also like to ask Captain Ted again if he knew Laura Jefferson. I'd also like to search the congressman's office for any clues he might have of the spies' identities that he has not told us.

"Who?" Captain Harding asks.

James then enters the Congressman's office. There's a briefcase on a desk, next to a burnt piece of paper and a folder.

I'd like to enter the Courtroom, please.

I would like to politely ask my loving Dolores about her fight with Laura.

I would like to console Gloria and Stevie, with the usual platitudes like 'She's not here to replace your mother', 'I still miss Laura too', 'I don't think Dolores could do anything like murder', etc.

Patrick enters the familiar courtroom.

"Once again, I didn't have a fight with Laura. It was another woman." Dolores says.

This was years back, and I didn't even know who she was at the time, so I didn't pay much attention. I remember the other woman was fairly attractive, and had a strange accent. But I can't recall ever seeing her since.

Do any of you remember a woman with an accent hanging around this town?

Was it a russian accent? Was the argument on top of the department store?

I would like to look inside the briefcase. I would also like to read the burnt note if anything is still legible and look within the folder.

I'd like to inspect the burnt piece of paper without making it crumble if severely burnt. Is it the brief for the containment of Alabatha?

I don't remember any woman like that, Dolores.

Was it a russian accent? Was the argument on top of the department store?

I would like to look inside the briefcase. I would also like to read the burnt note if anything is still legible and look within the folder.

"It was outside the department store, they were yelling at each other loudly, and I didn't want to eavesdrop, as that'd be rude." Dolores says.

James then looks inside the briefcase, but it's empty. He then tries to read the burnt note, but nothing is legible. He looks inside the folder, and finds two pieces of paper. One says:

"Project Wolf is clearing out as ordered. Need more time."

I'd like to inspect the burnt piece of paper without making it crumble if severely burnt. Is it the brief for the containment of Alabatha?

I don't remember any woman like that, Dolores.

Chief Phelps inspects the paper, it's been recently burnt, probably this morning. The other piece of paper, which was in the folder, is indeed the containment plan for Alabatha.

I'd like to ask the Congressman what he was burning and why he was doing so.

I'd like to ask the Congressman what he was burning and why he was doing so.

Is the handwriting of the note similar to any of the other notes we have collected? I would like to compare it with the others to determine this. I'd also like to search the drawers of the congressman's desk for any other notes or clues.

I'd like to ask Steve why he didn't believe it was accidental.

Why don't I believe it was an accident? Simple- people don't fall off buildings by accident. This whole commie thing makes me believe more and more Mom was killed.

I'd like to ask the congressman if Project Wolf is the same contigency plan as seen before, or a different one.

Why don't I believe it was an accident? Simple- people don't fall off buildings by accident. This whole commie thing makes me believe more and more Mom was killed.

Stevie! Mom fell on accident! We all know it but you!

I never knew Laura, but can those that knew her think of any reason why they'd want to hurt her? Was she happy?

I still recommend going to the department store after we finish at the town hall.

Stevie! Mom fell on accident! We all know it but you!

I'm sorry- I just can't see it. Why would someone go to the top of a building like that anyways? And if your smart- which Mom was- you don't get close enough tot he edge to fall. All the evidence I see points to her being attacked.

But why would anyone murder our mother?

I don't know, sis. That's what distrubs me the most. When have commies ever made sence anyways?