Smitty

Bloody Dagger ( Brickbeard's Bounty custom)WIP

First time posting....hope this works. This is my "Lego" style custom build of the Brickbeard's Bounty ship. I used two ships, and utilized the building technique of the Imperial flagship to rework the front. The deck style is simple like the older ships, but I am working on changing it. Still gathering up parts to change the side ( black to thick up top) The ship has a crew of 20 plus the cook and captain. It only has 8 cannons at this time, however it will be doubled that as soon as more bricks are available...lol.More pics to come shortly.Hope you enjoy!lego_red_dagger_029.jpglego_red_dagger_023.jpglego_red_dagger_012.jpglego_red_dagger_017.jpg

Here are some more shots of the ship.... The Kitchen, Gun deck, Treasure/powder room , and captains quarters. lego_red_dagger_001.jpglego_red_dagger_002.jpglego_red_dagger_004.jpglego_red_dagger_008.jpglego_red_dagger_009.jpglego_red_dagger_010.jpg

I love it, just big enough so you know its bigger than the BSB, and custom enough to impress. Look for it on our blog soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Yes it is a little bigger than my other baby ( see pic )lol.and now some pictures of the crew, and deck. lego_red_dagger.jpglego_red_dagger_013.jpglego_red_dagger_011.jpglego_red_dagger_027.jpglego_red_dagger_006.jpglego_red_dagger_019.jpglego_red_dagger_026.jpg

Looks great, especially from the front. Interior detail is also very good. The two-level stern has some serious "overhang" for lack of a better word... I think i could use some support back there, or you just move the upper level to the front 4 or 6 studs.

Thanks for the kind words! The overhang was a problem, but when I moved it forward, the lower room was hard to get into. So I added a balcony to the first floor and made support " beams". Here is a better picture of the lower "supports".I will end up changing this when i get some more pieces. lego_red_dagger_018.jpg

Maybe you could remove the 1x2x4 reverse slopes and put some 1x3x1 and 1x2x1 reverse slopes in the same place. That way that stern would be more "gently flowing" upwards and to the back :pir-classic:

Extremely good mod, I would suggest getting rid of the second cabin or make it closer to the center. :jollyroger:

This looks better. I forgot I had these. Makes the cabin look a little better I think. red_dagger_030.jpglego_red_dagger_031.jpg

I think this Ship MOC is great and I like the little skeleton on the back. :pirate_skel1: It is a very big and impressive ship indeed. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by legobeard

whats the fire on the broom? Anyway Good MOC.

The younger Pirate was trying to impress the captain by sweeping the deck....His work was so fast...the broom caught fire! LOL

Looks very good! The rigging (?) or whatever its called on the front (the thing made with 1x1 round bricks and a flex tube) is quite clever and "handsome". :pir_laugh2:

Constructive feedback: With so many sails, I personally find it would look better if you swapped the "skulled" sails with their plain red and white counterparts. So that judging from the sails it would be the BSB reborn!

Enpaz

Edited by Enpaz

Looks very good! The rigging (?) or whatever its called on the front (the thing made with 1x1 round bricks and a flex tube) is quite clever and "handsome". :pir_laugh2:

Constructive feedback: With so many sails, I personally find it would look better if you swapped the "skulled" sails with their plain red and white counterparts. So that judging from the sails it would be the BSB reborn!

Enpaz

Thanks! Yes I plan on changing the sails to all red/white striped when I can afford to pick them up. I think I will end up purchasing another ship to complete this one....I could use the extra color matched bricks. I also reworked the rear supports one last time...and am very happy with it now. I also added a top balcony to make the rear flow from top to bottom a little better. Here are the updated pics. lego_red_dagger_033.jpglego_red_dagger_032.jpglego_red_dagger_035.jpglego_red_dagger_034.jpg

Just in case you didn't know, you can get one sail for 1 dollar on BrickLink. I mean, not that you buy another Brickbeard's Bounty just for the sails or mostly because of the sails.

Edited by Enpaz

wow Smitty, that's quite the pirate ship you got there! :pir-classic:

and i guess i can officially say i'm a huge fan of yours! (well, that is if you're the legendary Michael W. Smith... :pir-wub: if not... then... well... anyways... cool ship! :pir-laugh:

The bed in the captain's cabin looks great. I love details like that. For me, the cabin is one of the most exciting parts in any pirate ship :P Your latest supports on the back of the upper cabin are a good improvement.