Sign in to follow this  
Vader

Custom Batcave

theaterindex.gif

Ok so as Bat month is here i thought it time that i posted my custom Batcave, this cave is roughly based on the cave that is shown in the Batman Animated Series and the Justice Lague Cartoon. I decided to make the cave in all dark grey as i feel that its going to be a dark cave (duh) and mixing greys just didnt work for me. Ive also left bricks hanging out so that it looks more natural.

m1.jpg

So here we have a long range view of the cave the whole thing measures 58x88x58 and is 36 studs high. I have put a front edge around the cave so that it looks more enclosed.

m2.jpg

Here ive added a work table station and a weapons holder wall for all batmans weapons, as the bats must use loads and lose lots i figure he will need to make more.

m3.jpg

AS you can see ive included a giant joker playing card and a dinosaur as all version of the batcave have had some version of each in them.

m4.jpg

In this pic you can view both my custom batmobile and the offical batboat, as these are the only 2 sets i have their the only ones that are in the cave but i have made sure that more vehicles can be added.

Also you can see that i have put a chain around killer crocs boat that ive hung from the rafters as a captured vehicle. Also to the side of the batboat you may be able to make out a small cave that can house robin boat.

m5.jpg

Here we have another pic of the vehicles and the exits that they can use.

m6.jpg

As i dont have the offical batcave ive had to come up with my own bat computer till i get one,when i do ill add the offical one, i like this version as ive tried to place it inside of a rock wall.

m7.jpg

In this pic you can see a few of the batmans prised items that hes captured, in the background of the pic you can also see a vault that houses old batman and robin suits, i will be adding more in the next few weeks to the vaults.

m8.jpg

And lastly heres a closer pic of the entrance to the cave and the vehicles.

Well i hope you like my custom batcave and any suggestions on how to improve it are welcome and any suggestions on how to make a giant coin are really welcome :-D

If anyone wants more pic then let me know...... *vader*

Yeay mate, finally you're able to post your gorgious baby :-D :-P

I really LOVE it *wub* Thats a cave !! There were several on BS, but yours is way way better mate !!

First, I love the "organic" feel of the cave !! Its really raw !! And I love how you integrated everything around that raw look: take the computers for instance ;-)

The bottom level has its great and neat details (bat gadgets wll, water pontoon...).

I love Killer Croc's boat hanging likr that next to all those bats and lamps *wub*

Also the costume room on the first floor is neat !! I really like your custum Robin !!

So many things to look at hehe. You really did a fantastic job mate !! You really deserve *y* *y*

Cave On !!

*yoda*

Thanks for your kind words yoda :-) As i put earlier i felt that the cave must be kept as raw looking as possible, after all i would doubt bats would decorate :-D

I intende to add a custom batgirl costume and a nightwing one to the vault at some point, the croc boat can of course be removed and replaced by any bat vehicle.

xwingyoda pretty much summed it all up for me. Great, great MOC! *y* *y* It really makes me nostalgic for the cartoon, but also wants me to go out and get a cave of my own.

Again, great work!

Awesome. How long did it take you to put that together? Love the details.

Ok lets see i started to build it in january and didnt finish until last weekend, this is version 3 of the cave. The first one i built in jan/feb i didnt like so built v2 which was much like the pictured v3 but unfortunatly v2 was inside a box and my big black cat decided he wanted to sit on the box only problem with that is that the box was open so the cat jumped straight on to the cave and did what the joker could never do, destroy the batcave!!!! :-D

So i was then forced to rebuld it last weekend in to what you see above.

Wow that's great! *y*

Although it's probably meant to be something different and unrelated, I can imagine that actually is one of Ogel's Ice Orbs in the trophy area...which creates a very interesting history for LEGO Batman there :-D

That's a lotta bricks too deino.gif

Good job! :-)

I like the gadget wall and the killer croc boat thing hanging from the ceiling. It all flows smoothly from one area to another

Woaw, yoda told me it was impressive but I couldn't imagien it was that big ! This is just my idea of what a custom batcave should be, not a lot more to say... Maybe you could expand it a little bit by adding an upper floor with the manor on it :p

This is great Vader! It really puts some of the stuff in the official model to shame. As X-WingYoda said, you get a great feeling of a real cave. I like the different areas, such as Batman's treasures and his weapons workshop. It's a good idea to have Killer Croc's boat hanging from the ceiling. I imagine if it was made a bit bigger stuff like the Joker's Helicopter could be put in. I love all the little details you've put in as well such as the crystals and Bats coming out from the walls. That's some great work, keep it up!

A manor on top of the cave is something that ive thought about quite alot JP and ive made sure that the upper section of the cave is strong enough to hold it, the only problem and reason as to why ive not added it is because of money which is a shame as i think it would really add to it:'-( . Hopefully in a few months ill have more cash and can build one.

Joe adding the joker copter is possible but it might look alittle bit crowded once ive added the batwing, dragster and batski, as for making it bigger well its down to money again.

That is fantastic! I'd love to do something on that grand scale, but my brick collection is no where near big enough yet.

Just how many grey bricks are in that?

have you any idea on your part count. thats alot of dark gray! :-P edit: prime beat me to it.

To be honest i have no idea how many bricks/rock pieces ive used, but its a hella alot X-D

That's some great worl you've done there Vader! I never thought lots of BURPs could actually look good :-P. Nice detailing too, I love the safe; simple, but good.

The overall structure of it is great. but I think the interior is a little too bland. I would incorporate the official batcave into it when you get it, such as the hydrolic turn-table.

-l2k-

The overall structure of it is great. but I think the interior is a little too bland. I would incorporate the official batcave into it when you get it, such as the hydrolic turn-table.

-l2k-

Well as i stated at the start i left it bland as you put it on purpose after all it is supposed to be a cave ;-)

As for using bits from the offical set i also wrote that i would be using bits from it when i have it, however im not sure that the hydrolic turn-table will fit, but the computer screen and vault is a must.

What a brilliant MOC! I love all the detail, the placement of the various bat vehicles and the ample use of dark grey. The custom computer and suit are really well done as well. I wish Lego had contracted you to design their model (in old grey ; )!

God Bless,

Nathan

Awesome. Wish that was the official batcave.

If it were, I don't even want to know how much it would cost. *wacko*

Considering the amount of bricks and fig, I think it would be much much more than that

-l2k-

I don't think that lego's batcave even comes close to this one. Though i have to agree that the turntable would be a great addtion, but even without it, I don't think that lego's batcave is worthy of this one. Exellent moc! Don't listen to him vader. You captured the intereior of a cave absolutley perfect!