Sign in to follow this  
AgentA

Knights Kingdom 2005

Ahhhhhhhh fluffel....

I just can't resist but comment how I prefer the older Castle sets over the Knights Kingdom sets...

The good old days, don't ya miss em?

Not silly? :o :oD Well I thought I would share a little picture with you. Taste the rainbow! |-D

starwars.jpg

Don't tell me that four different colors and black look dumb. If you like the variety in SW then you almost have to like some variety in KK2. See I told you all, silly!! |-D

-Dan

Out of those, only the Gammorean Guard and Watto look silly. The KK2 knights aren't ACCURATE - there's no POINT in them being Telletubby-themed colorwise. All those SW figures are accurate.

Out of those, only the Gammorean Guard and Watto look silly. The KK2 knights aren't ACCURATE - there's no POINT in them being Telletubby-themed colorwise. All those SW figures are accurate.

The KK2 knights aren't ACCURATE - there's no POINT in them being Telletubby-themed colorwise.

Byt they are appropriately colored for a fantasy setting. Could they be more realsitic ? Sure, but they don't look half bad fighting lots of skeletons.

Akkh

Byt they are appropriately colored for a fantasy setting. Could they be more realsitic ? Sure, but they don't look half bad fighting lots of skeletons.

Akkh

:oD

That is what I have been trying to say the whole time. LEGO castle is not (never has been and most likely never will be) 10-15th century accurate. It midly resemble some of the time period but really doesn't come close. Not in color, design, shape, or anything else is it close.

LEGO is all about fantasy and imagination. Per the SW story those characters look fine. Per the KK2 story the knights look fine. It just depends on whether you like the story or not. I myself think a story about an evil puppet overlord taking over the kingdom only to have four brave knights use teamwork to gain a powerful relic and use it to defeat said overlord happens to be a great story.

And why is a bright red guard not silly. Because George decided it wasn't. What about a gold plated robot (that any space pirate would have captured as booty) isn't silly. Gold is far too soft to be durable or realistic for use in armor or plating. Even Vader himself with his black bucket on his head (don't get me wrong Vader is my favorite bad guy of all time) looks silly. I suppose Zam's purple spandex isn't silly either. *wacko* ;)

If I made a non-SW theme and had characters in all 19 or more colors below you would think is MEGABLOCKS as well I am sure. *twisted* ;)

SW is only not silly because it was around before it was transformed into the block. You obviously like SW as you should because it is great. Why not like KK2 also. It has many merits even though the knights coming in many bold colors. But hey what do I know. I only have a few thousand dollars tied up in a few tens of thousands of pieces that I use to build with regularly. I really can't recall the last time someone didn't like what I built. :P

So with this all said, I challange anyone to a building contest. :-D :^D

Name the conditions. I only ask that you give me two full weeks to build as I only have a few free nights each week.

-SuvieD, Challanger of the Masses

I like the new Knights, but I was a little torn about the multi-colored armor. I imagine it has to do with name-recognition or some other marketing ideas. I missed out on the old castle sets, but for some reason I have a fair stock of minifigs.

Anyhoo, I agree with most of the posts in that a large majority of the KK2 castle parts are a bit too specialized. They aren't all that great for use in other lego creations. That being said, I do still enjoy KK2. I just wish more of the old castle sets were easier to attain on a limited budget.