Sign in to follow this  
IAmWillGibson

MOC Cemetery, my version

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I dunno what it is about Christmas, but it makes me think of doom and gloom!

Not really. Seeing Brick Wild's MOC a few threads back reminded me of one I'd made that I never submitted to public ridicule, so keeping with the happiness of the season, here's my Spooky Cemetery, part of my Spookytown TM collection.

5258244572_381f509d77_z.jpg

These are intended to compliment the more ghoulish Minifigs that LEGO lets trickle out now and again. I'm also a bit of a design minimalist, trending towards a "LEGO coulda made that" aesthetic rather than the really artistic stuff many of you guys do. Either way, it was made in LDD and then ordered through DesignByMe [the one and only time... it's cool as anything, but insanely expensive]. More thoughts on all of that, as well as some real-life pictures of the set, can be seen here. (I hope that's not a breach of protocol by linking that. Sorry if it is.)

Anyway, here's the whole thing in digital. I'll pat myself on the back for getting a spiderweb in there despite LDD's limitations.

5258261810_a3450fb4a9_z.jpg

Here's some of the details.

5257634637_e9e0385121_z.jpg

And the Mausoleum at the back has some features. It's pretty low, so you'd have to hunch, but there are secrets inside that our investigators wanna

find.

5257634749_9e44e165f7_z.jpg

5258244852_6db4f61967_z.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice LDD MOC IAmWillGibson! I really like the interesting elements you've put in this design, the most notable ones include the stone angel statue, the mini-water fountain, the improvised spiderweb and the 'inverted-built' lamp posts. Very creative with the lighted background and snow effect in the first photo too! Good job overall. default_thumbup.gif

So I know this is totally not worthy, but as it's the only original thing I've ever made that's even vaguely 'complete,' I CUUSOOd this thing!

I figure, hey, there really isn't anything like it out there, so there might be some chance, right?

Hit it up!