Sign in to follow this  
Henning Birkeland

Titanic

Beautiful work Henning and instantly recognisable. Great choice of pieces and genius use of them. Creativity at its best. :thumbup:

Simply outstanding mini-scale Titanic Henning! The details are just spot-on, and quite clever technique using the T-piece to tilt the smoke chambers. Truly impressive job on this! default_thumbup.gif

Instantly recognizable! I like all the SNOT-y goodness in this. But are you sure this is 1:700 scale? That would mean this would have to be 38 cm long.

Excellent piece of ship building 'Henning Birkeland', I wonder how many of these will be MOC in just over a year eh ?

Great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very accurate if my memory serves me. I like the first window solution best, I think the second option looks good because it has a lower profile but the original ship was huge so I have to say number one.

This is absolutely great!

Even though I neither have seen the movie Titanic nor remember to have seen a picture of the real Titanic, I'm crazy about your MOC! Very good job. I like how everything is smooth and tiled! Did I mention the SNOT base? Or the nice use of strings? :thumbup:

Enpaz

Nice MOC, and a fairly accurate rendition of the titanic.

But it looks sooo top heavy. The upper white decks look pretty disproportionate to the lower decks (with black paint) and water line.

If you look at a photo of the Titanic, you'll notice that that black paint section is much bigger. If you added 3 or 4 more layers to the black section, I think it'd look better :classic:

Nice work. I think the first window design works best. The 2nd window type look too modern for the Titanic era.

I missed this one, but it's definitely worth a post!

I think you've put as many details in it as possible on such a small ship. Really clever design. :thumbup:

I also missed this one. Better late than never!

Great Titanic. It's simply beautiful. Instantly recognizable, and full of little details. Surprisingly detailed, in fact, due to it's scale. I love the smokestacks.

Henning is one of my fave MOC-ers (yes, I lurk into Norway LUG forum), this is another good example that confirms my thought.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Very nice and innovative model, that is instantly recognizable! :thumbup:

I don't really like the gap from the lower decks just before the front and aft deck, Making a tile along it to level up the sides might be an improvement.