Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Four

How recent does it look. ( I am assuming you mean it's man made ).

It's not possible to tell how old the metal is.

Hmm... this rock wall must be hiding something. Let's see if there is a way to move it. Can someone throw some light over here?

I would like to tap on the different metal pieces, looking for one that would move in any way. If that fails, I would like to tap on the rocks forming the wall, looking for an opening mechanism.

Simmons taps on the different metal places, but nothing moves it. He then taps on the rocks to look for an opening mechanism, but nothing happens.

Good thinking, Simmons!

I would like to assist Farmer Simmons in trying to find any opening mechanisms. I would like to search the floor for any bumps or anything that might conceal one as well.

Nothing is found on the floor, either.

I'd like to see if anyone had any explosives we can blow the wall with

"We're just a small police force, not the Army." Chief Phelps says.

"Shall we follow the tunnel down to see where it leads? This wall isn't going anyplace." Congressman Bob says.

I think explosives are more likely to cause an actual cave-in than bust through the wall. And captain, I don't think car engines explode. Besides do you know how heavy those things are? Let's try to think before you end up killin' someone by accident.

Have you seen what gasoline does when mixed with fire? Cars go to pieces and land in trees.

I would like to keep searching in the tunnel with everyone, as my engine idea probably won't work.

Have you seen what gasoline does when mixed with fire? Cars go to pieces and land in trees.

Yes, but it's normally the gas tank catching fire that causes an explosion not the engine. If we were to ever try to take a wall down like that you would want a controlled explosion not just lighting a car on fire and stepping back. :sceptic:

Hmm... I have an idea!

I would like with the help of others, to take a car engine out of the car and place it next to the rock wall and throw a match down there. (While no one is down there of course!)

Um, well I don't think the tunnel was ever intended to be blown up. Why don't we just follow it? We heard an explosion at the port, and this tunnel leads there.

I have an idea!

I would like to throw my rock at the wall in question, and if it doesnt work, keep going down the tunnel

You're probably right, congressman.

I would like to go with the group as we follow the tunnel south. Are there any strange sounds in the tunnel?

The group continues to travel south. There are no strange sounds.

I would like to follow the tunnel looking for any signs of an exit or another passage.

So far, there isn't another exit or another passage.

I would like to throw my rock at the wall in question, and if it doesnt work, keep going down the tunnel

Gloria throws a rock at the wall, but nothing happens. She continues down the tunnel.

While walking down the tunnel, I'd like to study the ceiling, floor and walls for anything unusual.

How many people stayed behind at the farmhouse(and who), and how many are in the tunnel?

I'd like to speak with James Falzone, Will Ackerson and Patrick Jefferson in Private. All at once, If I can manage that.

Also I'd like to compare the note found in the armory with the note found at the farm this morning. Does the handwriting look similar or exact?

I'd like to speak with James Falzone, Will Ackerson and Patrick Jefferson in Private. All at once, If I can manage that.

I'm here, mayor.

I'd like to know which remaining members of our town have the education necessary to have been working in a laboratory.

While walking down the tunnel, I'd like to study the ceiling, floor and walls for anything unusual.

How many people stayed behind at the farmhouse(and who), and how many are in the tunnel?

Also I'd like to compare the note found in the armory with the note found at the farm this morning. Does the handwriting look similar or exact?

The ceiling is dimly illuminated via hanging light strips. The floor has pieces of metal on it at regular intervals, and the walls curve. There are currently three people at the farmhouse (Dolores Jefferson, Officer Harrison, and Ralph Jenkins.) Everyone else is in the tunnel. The note from the armory and the note found this morning are from the same handwriting.

I'm here, mayor.

I'd like to know which remaining members of our town have the education necessary to have been working in a laboratory.

Dr.Lloyd and Nurse Parker certainly do, but who said anything about a laboratory? :wacko:

Why would you want to know that?

Why would you want to know that?

Well, I mentioned a bit ago that there's probably a secret research facility in the town, and the voice fromthe sky (or was that Congressman Bob?) said "Ding Ding Ding". I assume James is trying to put two and two together. I didn't think it an unreasonable question.

I will continue walking with the group, and talk to James, Alan and Patrick when they either confirm or refuse to talk with me. [i'm hoping Patrick or Alan will start the PMconversation, since they should be able to add all of us :grin: ]

Laboratory, facility, must we quibble over terminology, Bob?

For a secret research facility to be here in Alabatha, it has to be staffed by someone. And those someones, having access to the facility and the secrets, would be the most likely to be able to pass on that knowledge to the communists. They must either be the communists we're looking for or be unwitting pawns of the communists. I think it's the best lead we have. If one of us does work for the facility it would be best for them to come forward and help us now before we come across that information on our own. Those are my thoughts while we're meandering down this long tunnel.

Does Dr. Lloyd have a medical specialty or is he a general practitioner?

Does Dr. Lloyd have a medical specialty or is he a general practitioner?

"I'm just a general practitioner. I could perform simple surgeries, after getting a crash course at Midway." Dr.Lloyd says.

Well, I mentioned a bit ago that there's probably a secret research facility in the town, and the voice fromthe sky (or was that Congressman Bob?) said "Ding Ding Ding". I assume James is trying to put two and two together. I didn't think it an unreasonable question.

I will continue walking with the group, and talk to James, Alan and Patrick when they either confirm or refuse to talk with me. [i'm hoping Patrick or Alan will start the PMconversation, since they should be able to add all of us :grin: ]

Don't worry Mayor, I'll initiate the conversation. :grin:

How long is this tunnel?

I would like to know more about the "supplies from England" that the Lakota brought in and where they were meant to be delivered in town.

I think there's nothing left to do but speculate at this point. I think this says we need to move on. Shall we go through the tunnel?

All right, let's move on then, perhaps we will think of a way to open this rock wall down the way. Somehow I have the feeling that this tunnel may lead us to the Town Hall armoury, and I'm eager to find out for myself.

How long is this tunnel?

I would like to know more about the "supplies from England" that the Lakota brought in and where they were meant to be delivered in town.

"They're just simple supplies! You'll need to read the manifest." Captain Harding says.

All right, let's move on then, perhaps we will think of a way to open this rock wall down the way. Somehow I have the feeling that this tunnel may lead us to the Town Hall armoury, and I'm eager to find out for myself.

The townsfolk walk for about a mile, until they reach the end of the tunnel. There's a ladder up, but there's no light, as if the exit has been covered up by what's keeping the tunnel secret.

If there are no other volunteers I will climb up the ladder, trying to make as little noise as I can, and find out what's blocking the way up there.

I don't suppose you have the ship's manifest on you, captain?

I would like to ask the police with flashlights to shine a light up there and then climb the ladder to assist Simmons in opening the end of the tunnel.

I think it only fair to let everyone know that Alan Simmons overheard part of the conversation between James, Will, Patrick and I.

Should we get to know these newcomers a little bit better? Do you always bring your wife along on trips, Captain Ted, I thought having a woman aboard was bad luck for some reason?

How about you, Frankie. How long have you been a part of the Lakota crew?

I'll wait for Alan Simmons to discover what is blocking the tunnel exit patiently.

I've noticed this tunnel is wide. Is it wide enough/tall enough to fit a car, or maybe a small truck?