Praiter Yed

One Christmas BBY

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Twas the night before Christmas on the old Yavin base.

All around there was silence, of the Empire no trace.

When away in the Hanger arose such a clatter,

I sprang from my bunk to see what was the matter.

The hanger was dark but I heard a low humming,

As the sound became louder I knew something was coming.

Hiding myself, I peered through a crack,

And with a hand on my blaster, prepared to attack.

Out of the darkness weaved a repulsor-lift carrier,

Over burdened with presents, it had crashed through a barrier.

All over the floor the gifts they were scattered,

But the driver kept on as if little else mattered.

Depositing presents by each X-Wing fighter,

The strain on his craft became lighter and lighter.

He spoke not a word as he continued his task,

Who is this fellow? I wanted to ask.

He was dressed in a flight suit from his head to his toes,

He was chubby and bearded with a shiney red nose.

His eyes - how they twinkled, his plump cheeks - how merry,

But the way that he drove! - Like he'd drunk all Jan's sherry.

Faster and faster he worked through the night,

And when he finally spied me, he had such a fright!

I knew in that moment - it wasn't St. Nick!

It was pilot, Jek Porkins playing a trick.

He sprang to his X-Wing, his droid gave a whistle,

And away they both flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he flew out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

xmas_on_yavin_4.jpg

After providing crabboy329 with a Rebel-Cart for his LDD reversed engineered Yavin Base I felt I needed to make a 'proper' personnel carrier. So here it is - I can't make it for real because I don't have enough cheese...

01_ldd_personnel_cart.jpg

.lxf file

EDIT: Updated link to lxf - was linking to wrong file :blush:

EDIT: Updated 1st post to include (almost finished) WIP below:

02_personnel_cart.jpg

More here when public.

The 2011 bump...

6488879633_6c8d421ecb_b.jpg

6488880173_2da329f563_b.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

Nice LDD MOC Praiter Yed! Quite funny use of the Rebel Troop Carrier as a Christmas Gift Cart! :laugh: And I never knew you were such an inspired poet. Good job! :thumbup:

Total pleasure reading that little poem, is it yours?

The design is nice and simple without compromising on detail, so well done on that. I think I might see this on future MOCs, it would be a great help to those who are making Yavin dioramas. :thumbup:

I think this is my first topic in the Star Wars forum and I was a little nervous about posting it. There's so many cool MOC's here, my little repulsor-lift carrier seems a bit lame. It's nice to get some positive comments - thanks guys. :thumbup:

Regarding the poem - it's based on a poem by Clement Clarke Moore called 'Twas the night before Christmas' - I have to read it MANY times at this time of year to my daughter.

And regarding the red Snowtrooper Torso it's the new 1 in 10,000 Lavatrooper from Mustafar :laugh:

I think this is my first topic in the Star Wars forum and I was a little nervous about posting it. There's so many cool MOC's here, my little repulsor-lift carrier seems a bit lame. It's nice to get some positive comments - thanks guys. pirate_thumbup.gif

Well, congrats on your first topic Praiter Yed, no need to be nervous since you brought something new and unique to the table with your SW poem (first time I've read one actually default_blink.gif).

Very nicely done, Praiter Yed. Did you render the .lxf file or convert it to .ldr? Either way, it looks sweet.

Very nicely done, Praiter Yed. Did you render the .lxf file or convert it to .ldr? Either way, it looks sweet.

Thanks, after seeing your midi-X-Wing I just had to download LDD4. These pics are just screen shots through LDD with the addition of a graduated tint to the background, which I added in Photoshop. For the Christmas ones I turned off the brick-outlines in LDD and also added some drop shadows in Ps.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Thanks, after seeing your midi-X-Wing I just had to download LDD4. These pics are just screen shots through LDD with the addition of a graduated tint to the background, which I added in Photoshop. For the Christmas ones I turned off the brick-outlines in LDD and also added some drop shadows in Ps.

Ah. Somehow I thought those were unedited pics which is uncharicteristic of me since I haven't posted a non-screenshot pic for a few years that hasn't been edited in some way.

EDIT: Removed accidental double post.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I hope this is one of the acceptable type of bumbs - especially as it's on my own topic!

I ordered all my cheese from BL and can now show the brick-built version. It's still missing two 1 x 8 tiles but I won't be ordering them for a while, and it would be ridiculous to update this topic after Christmas.

02_personnel_cart.jpg

The Yavin IV Personnel carrier has been a bit of an obsession for me, in-fact it was my first MOC after coming out of my dark-ages. I was inspired to build it after buying 6212 X-Wing. This is now my 3rd brick-built version and about my 6th LDD version. I'm fairly happy with the latest one so I might stop tinkering, but never say never... The old version 2 pictured below;

personnel_carrier_-_fuel_pump.jpg

This is even more lovely in the brick. Thanks for taking the effort to show us this :thumbup:

Now that's funny. :laugh: I love the toss-ins that he's a terrible flier, and all of the Santa-like properties in poor Porkins. Good job! :laugh:

Now that's funny. default_laugh_new.gif I love the toss-ins that he's a terrible flier, and all of the Santa-like properties in poor Porkins. Good job! default_laugh_new.gif

Yes yes great job. I love the poem, and the speeder is cool too.default_classic.gif

This is fantastic :thumbup:. Its so clean and soo accurate. I really love it :wub:. Now if only lego made one this good :grin:.

Thanks, I suppose they could easily do something like this, there's no illegal connections - but maybe all the cheese would be expensive? Plus not sure where the flick fires would go :laugh: ?

This is even more lovely in the brick. Thanks for taking the effort to show us this :thumbup:

Thank you. And I'm with you on the whole Dalek re-design issue :angry: .

Now that's funny. :laugh: I love the toss-ins that he's a terrible flier, and all of the Santa-like properties in poor Porkins. Good job! :laugh:

:laugh: The bad flier toss-ins are there, but they were unintentional :laugh: . Poor Porkins, maybe he'd been drinking General Dodonna's booze before the attack on the Death Star too.

Love it. :wub:

It's so... cheesy. :grin:

Almost as cheesy as fondue.

Oh yes, - it's cheesey. Cheesey poem & cheesey MOC.

:laugh: The bad flier toss-ins are there, but they were unintentional :laugh: . Poor Porkins, maybe he'd been drinking General Dodonna's booze before the attack on the Death Star too.

kfcporkins.jpg

Actually he ran into debris which caused an instrument malfunction and so he did't know he was too low and was easily targted by a turbolaser battery. But I'm sure you knew that.

Great job on this. It looks very accurate. On the other hand the poem is amazing. Thanks for sharing it and adding to the Christmas joy.

Great job :thumbup: