Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Lego Road

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I decied a while back to do these pictures, (I'm a Beatles fan) but I forgot about them and just recentley found them again. So, here it is: Lego Road!

5215543425_2654950609_z.jpg

The LEGO version

5216140564_ff9749686c.jpg

The orginal picture

5215548061_5483e117e4.jpg

Picture showing their faces and clothes.

Notice the small changes in my version: I put in a Volkswagen Micro Bus instead of a Beetle. (Couldn't make a Beetle, so I went with the next best thing, a Micro Bus.)

Anyway, here are the automobiles by themselves:

5244281064_3517ecfc08.jpg

The Front

5244280146_7272ff46f8.jpg

The back.

Another thing: I am in LEGO Universe, and if you look up my property, Summoner's Palace, you will find I have two head stones on the property. One is for Maxwell Edison, (Song: Maxwell Silver Hammer) and the other for Rocky Raccoon. (Song: Rocky Raccoon). As you can guess, they are both from Beatles songs. My username in LEGO Universe is Murdoch17, so if you want to to lookk at my property, you can go ahead. Questions and Comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great LDD creation, it looks realistic. I particualarly like the minifigs used, they are perfect. :thumbup:

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

I was really hoping this was done in real lego, so I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed. It is done fairly well, my only complaints are the legs are not separated the way they are on the photo and the vehicles in the background seem random compared to the real photo. I do appreciate the humor in using a classic space vest.

Excellent piece of LDD work 'Murdoch17' and you have re-created The Beatles just about prefectly ! :thumbup:

I was wondering when I would see a Beatle or Lennon creation since this during this week 30 years ago he was killed by a fan.....R-I-P John Lennon. :sadnew:

Keep on LDDing 'Murdoch' keep on LDDing ! :sweet:

This looks very nice. Great choice of figure. They look great. P.S. isent 50 mile an hour a little fast for a neighborhood like that?(at least I think thats a speed sign :laugh:

Great job :thumbup:

Very nice LDD design Murdoch! default_thumbup.gif You really captured the album cover precisely well. Now all that is left to be done is realizing this in real brick form. Any plans of doing it?

Classic album, even more classic album cover. Most parodied/replicated by far. Can't believe noone else has mentioned, but you've got Paul's wrong foot forward! John's hair and face are perfect - but maybe a beard piece could be added? (Do they even come in brown?)

* more classic?

Thank you eveyone who replied. I have no plans of building this in real life, sorry. (They don't make some suits in the colors I chose, such as the Classic space suit, and the open vest.) Apart from those suits, it could be done. Also, the red /white VW van was chosen because I don't have a white old VW Beetle model. The other car (the black one) is actually a MOC. It just so happens there is a black car in the background on the right hand side of the actual album cover. I was just lucky in using a model that looks somewhat correct. And fianlly, the speed limit is a little high, but it was the best I could find. By the way: It's really odd that I was listening to John Lennon's song "Imagine" when I read lightningtiger's post about the 30th Avniversary of John Lennon's death... scary huh?

Good work, Murdoch. John and Ringo look fantastic. Paul's torso looks a little off (it should be a dark grey suit), as does George's face, but I suppose those are the difficulties in working with LDD>

Oh, and darth yogi, I'm pretty sure that's 50 kph.