Sign in to follow this  
IAmWillGibson

LDD MOC UCS Cthulhu Bust

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So here's something I've been experimenting with for the last couple days. I was going to attempt something in LDD that seemed like it could be a UCS-level thing. I wanted to make a full Cthulhu model. I also decided not to use Universe mode, as, I dunno, a challenge. And if I ended up loving the thing and I fell onto a pile of money, maybe I'd order it. I'm not sure I do and I know I didn't, so it will remain virtual for the time being. I also left it as a bust rather than a full figure, mostly because of the LDD parts limitations, and constructing an entire body still might be a little beyond me. Still, here are some photos:

5240846035_5e423c1149_z.jpg

I guess it could also work as just a monster squid thing. Although it's pretty wonky if that's the case.

5241440774_84b390f160_b.jpg

I didn't really know how to round the head out, so I went with a transparency with some alien extradimensional brains inside.

5241440912_286a786b50_b.jpg

I'm not in love with the underside, but it was hard coaxing LDD into letting me get pieces into some of those angles, and maintain some level of [virtual] stability. Speaking of LDD being a pain in the rump, instead of a name plate I made an Elder Sign:

5241519642_095b8d8024_z.jpg

That Flex tool is super aggravating!

Anyway, yeah. What's terrible about it?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great work of Cthulhus head, but thats no the elder sign :wink:

I know, I know, it's the Derleth/Chaosium one, but that's why I said it's AN elder sign, not THE elder sign. Also, the Lovecraft version didn't really translate as effectively. At least not so far, but I'm plenty open to suggestion!

EDIT: Okay, just for you, this is now on the back of the stand:

5241099575_142e3ffb8a_b.jpg

Edited by IAmWillGibson

As an LDD builder, I have to commend you for doing such a wonderful job on this LDD MOC! I know how tedious and effort-consuming getting the intended angles of those tentacles, plus the flexing of the chain piece to form the Elder sign. Overall, this creation looks really very intimidating for a sea monster, and I sincerely would love to see this realized in brickbuild in the near future. Impressive work IAmWillGibson! default_thumbup.gif