Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Three-A

Sure thing, Mayor...

I'd like to carefully step inside the squad room, firearm out and point forward, taking all precautions police officers do when entering an unsecured room.

When we return to the basement, I'd like to move the files I put in the armory in a cell, far from the bars. I would like to keep the rifle and suppressed pistol in the armory.

Alright, before I ran upstairs with the rest of the group I assume I took the keys! It's what I would have done had I been commenting on my actions at the time. :wink:

I invite anyone to inspect my office, I've nothing to hide. I would inspect it myself, but I'd rather we have someone else's word as well, that my office is clean and tidy. :sadnew: (Something I'm quite proud of.) :sweet:

In the meantime, I shall get the layout of the squad room, and look through any drawers I find, taking any keys or notes that might be inside. You never know... :grin:

I will search the office of the town council. I am looking for any papers or objects that may give us a clue as to the councilman's loyalties. I would also like to know if the papers that the intruder stole came from this room.

So that just leaves the farm as a potential source of the tunnel. Hmmm.

Sure thing, Mayor...

I'd like to carefully step inside the squad room, firearm out and point forward, taking all precautions police officers do when entering an unsecured room.

When we return to the basement, I'd like to move the files I put in the armory in a cell, far from the bars. I would like to keep the rifle and suppressed pistol in the armory.

Chief Phelps enters the room carefully, securing it. It's empty.

Alright, before I ran upstairs with the rest of the group I assume I took the keys! It's what I would have done had I been commenting on my actions at the time. :wink:

I invite anyone to inspect my office, I've nothing to hide. I would inspect it myself, but I'd rather we have someone else's word as well, that my office is clean and tidy. :sadnew: (Something I'm quite proud of.) :sweet:

In the meantime, I shall get the layout of the squad room, and look through any drawers I find, taking any keys or notes that might be inside. You never know... :grin:

There are six desks in the center of the Squad Room, each belonging to an Officer. The Chief has his own office in the corner. There's a water cooler in one area, and an interrogation room in another corner. There's a safe nearby the door. There's no keys or notes in the drawers that Will goes through.

I will search the office of the town council. I am looking for any papers or objects that may give us a clue as to the councilman's loyalties. I would also like to know if the papers that the intruder stole came from this room.

So that just leaves the farm as a potential source of the tunnel. Hmmm.

James looks into the Council Chambers. Since the Councilmen don't have offices, James checks the seat where Councilman Ackerson sits. Going through his papers and personal effects, James determines that the Councilman is a loyal American, and not a spy.

"I wonder what the combination to that safe is..." Congressman Bob says.

Well if it's possible with this kind of lock, I'd like to try the combination X-K2P. If that doesn't work, I'm sure we found something earlier that can help us, but it's unfortunate that this aging mind can't remember.

Well that's reassuring. Has this safe always been here, Chief?

I would like to search the desks of Officers Fields and Harrison for any papers or objects that they could be spies.

I mean Papers or objects that could be evidence that they are spies.

I would like to check under each of the six desks, and then take a look into the interrogation room. If it's unlocked, I would like to go inside and look around.

Well if it's possible with this kind of lock, I'd like to try the combination X-K2P. If that doesn't work, I'm sure we found something earlier that can help us, but it's unfortunate that this aging mind can't remember.

It's not possible with this kind of lock. Is it at all possible that there's a paper around with the combination on it?

Well that's reassuring. Has this safe always been here, Chief?

I would like to search the desks of Officers Fields and Harrison for any papers or objects that they could be spies.

I mean Papers or objects that could be evidence that they are spies.

"Long as I can remember." Chief Phelps says.

James finds that the desks of Fields and Harrison are both locked.

I would like to check under each of the six desks, and then take a look into the interrogation room. If it's unlocked, I would like to go inside and look around.

Will peeks under all six desks in the squad room. There's a garbage bin under each one, but they're all empty. He then walks into the interrogation room, which only has a table and two chairs. Other than that, it's devoid of anything else.

I say that the Chief should maybe check his desk for something with the combination to his own safe. If he cannot remember it, maybe he wrote it down.

Is there anything on the officers' desks

I would like to search for loose floorboards in the basement. Also I'd like to look for false panels, inconsistencies, etc. in the floor.

If possible I'd like to take a look at the floor boards in the basement of the hotel. No one checked and it's possible there is a secret tunnel there as well.

I assume all the desks have been checked? If not, I would like to check all unchecked desks! And also the water cooler, you never know...

I would like to look on the inside of the railing for the stairs for a secret note.

I would also like to look around the safe for a paper with a combination.

I would like to step inside my office and look in all the desk drawers, as well as the trash bin and underneath the desk and the underside of the desk.

The window is locked, and the lamp is an ordinary lamp. The tunnel continues North, towards Dieter's, the Hotel, and the Farm.

I'd like to see where the tunnel leads, especially if it's a way for sneaky people to get in my grocery.

What kind of town is this that lets people have tunnels under it? :hmpf_bad:

I say that the Chief should maybe check his desk for something with the combination to his own safe. If he cannot remember it, maybe he wrote it down.

Is there anything on the officers' desks

Only a desk lamp and a few pens are on the Officers' desks.

I would like to search for loose floorboards in the basement. Also I'd like to look for false panels, inconsistencies, etc. in the floor.

If possible I'd like to take a look at the floor boards in the basement of the hotel. No one checked and it's possible there is a secret tunnel there as well.

Judge Cain isn't in the basement, he's on the second floor.

I assume all the desks have been checked? If not, I would like to check all unchecked desks! And also the water cooler, you never know...

Will accidentally tips over the water cooler, sending water cascading across the floor. There's nothing odd about the cooler.

I would like to look on the inside of the railing for the stairs for a secret note.

I would also like to look around the safe for a paper with a combination.

Officer Harrison checks the inside of the railing, but there's nothing there. He then checks around the safe for the combination, but doesn't find it.

I would like to step inside my office and look in all the desk drawers, as well as the trash bin and underneath the desk and the underside of the desk.

Opening the top desk drawer, Chief Phelps finds the combination as 34, 21, 56. He then checks the rest of his office, but finds nothing else odd.

I'd like to see where the tunnel leads, especially if it's a way for sneaky people to get in my grocery.

What kind of town is this that lets people have tunnels under it? :hmpf_bad:

Dieter posts in the wrong topic! However, there is no entrance into the grocery store from the tunnel.

Will accidentally tips over the water cooler, sending water cascading across the floor. There's nothing odd about the cooler.

Oops! Err... the Mayor didn't see that, did he? :look: Erm, well, you never know what the Communists could have slipped into the water tank... perhaps it's for the best! :grin:

Did I hear the Chief say, "34, 21, 56"? Well, I'll just... let the Chief deal with that. His discovery after all. :thumbup:

Chief, wasn't the key to the Armoury in your desk? Perhaps we should check that it's still there, and pocket it for safe-keeping. I would like to search the rest of the Chief's desk, and then take a look under the seats in the interrogation room, in case anything is stuck under there. Just being thorough!

I do love searching things. As a child, I always wanted to be a detective. That is before I settled on the much more suitable role of town councilman, of course!

Now, let's see.

Who is the mysterious man stealing files? If the note in the Armoury was his, then he claims to be a friend, and perhaps is in possession of U.S. Army equipment. Hopefully the other group will have more luck in finding information.

What is the affiliation of the man? U.S. Army, perhaps, judging from the weapons, and the fact he claims to be on our side.

What is "X-K2P"? Well if it's the most severe contingency plan, I wouldn't doubt it being something sinister...

Oh my, I talk to much. What else must be search? And what does everyone else think of all this?

I'm beginning to think that our mysterious stranger may be involved in whatever X-K2P is. Last resorts are never pretty, though.

When my buddy Earl got bit by that spider and died they found out that they infested that entire ship. They tried sending in a bunch of guys with rolled up newspapers but that didn't work. Then they pumped that suck so full of DDT that all the seagulls on the docks coughed for months but that didn't work. They ended up towin' the whole ship out to sea and scuttling it. I got a bad feeling that if we don't succeed with our rolled up newspapers, we all just might be scuttled too.

Then they pumped that suck so full of DDT

Pardon me, I meant to say ship. Don't know what happened. Maybe just teary eyed about Earl...

Can I go downstairs to check the floorboards? It would be best if everyone came along just to check.

I understand if you guys would prefer not to go but no one has checked, have they? :look:

Dieter posts in the wrong topic! However, there is no entrance into the grocery store from the tunnel.

I got lost! :blush:

*runs like hell*

Oops! Err... the Mayor didn't see that, did he? :look: Erm, well, you never know what the Communists could have slipped into the water tank... perhaps it's for the best! :grin:

Did I hear the Chief say, "34, 21, 56"? Well, I'll just... let the Chief deal with that. His discovery after all. :thumbup:

Chief, wasn't the key to the Armoury in your desk? Perhaps we should check that it's still there, and pocket it for safe-keeping. I would like to search the rest of the Chief's desk, and then take a look under the seats in the interrogation room, in case anything is stuck under there. Just being thorough!

I do love searching things. As a child, I always wanted to be a detective. That is before I settled on the much more suitable role of town councilman, of course!

Now, let's see.

Who is the mysterious man stealing files? If the note in the Armoury was his, then he claims to be a friend, and perhaps is in possession of U.S. Army equipment. Hopefully the other group will have more luck in finding information.

What is the affiliation of the man? U.S. Army, perhaps, judging from the weapons, and the fact he claims to be on our side.

What is "X-K2P"? Well if it's the most severe contingency plan, I wouldn't doubt it being something sinister...

Oh my, I talk to much. What else must be search? And what does everyone else think of all this?

Will checks Chief Phelps desk, but it's not so full, as if he's emptying it. Will then checks inside the interrogation room under the seats, but finds nothing there either.

I'm beginning to think that our mysterious stranger may be involved in whatever X-K2P is. Last resorts are never pretty, though.

When my buddy Earl got bit by that spider and died they found out that they infested that entire ship. They tried sending in a bunch of guys with rolled up newspapers but that didn't work. Then they pumped that suck so full of DDT that all the seagulls on the docks coughed for months but that didn't work. They ended up towin' the whole ship out to sea and scuttling it. I got a bad feeling that if we don't succeed with our rolled up newspapers, we all just might be scuttled too.

Pardon me, I meant to say ship. Don't know what happened. Maybe just teary eyed about Earl...

James has a good idea about what X-K2P is...

Can I go downstairs to check the floorboards? It would be best if everyone came along just to check.

I understand if you guys would prefer not to go but no one has checked, have they? :look:

There weren't any floorboards in the basement, it's a tile.

I got lost! :blush:

*runs like hell*

Dieter runs back to the correct topic.

Since the Chief seems to be busy on the crapper, I'd like to use the combination to open the safe.

Mayor Bradford opens the safe using the combination. There's a few documents inside there all pertaining to X-K2P. With this knowledge, and the document found in Chapter Three-B, it would appear that all of the goals have been solved.