Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Three-A

If we have the blueprints handy, I would like to check them out for secret passages.

Do any of you guys who work here know anything of a secret passage? Sounds like our mysterious stranger is supposedly on our side. Could the congressman shed any light on this development?

Also does anyone know where these papers the guy was taking came from?

Blueprints for Town Hall should be on file here. I would like to find the blueprints. While I'm at it, I would like to pull blueprints for the Department Store, Lighthouse and Hospital.

Any other buildings we should look up while we are here?

I would like to read the papers on the receptionist's desk. Shouldn't be anything critical, but I just want to make sure.

Quite a good idea that James. I think that we should-

I would like to check the walls for secret entrances and the floors for trapdoors

Is there a blueprint for the town hall, Mr. Congressman?

I would like to go to the reception area and search the desk.

"There sure are!" the Congressman says.

Officer Harrison checks the reception area for the blueprints, but they're not there.

I would like to search the reception area for an appointment book or anything else of interest, also to know who the receptionist was

Valerie searches the reception area for these items, but they aren't there. The name of the receptionist is Claire.

If we have the blueprints handy, I would like to check them out for secret passages.

Do any of you guys who work here know anything of a secret passage? Sounds like our mysterious stranger is supposedly on our side. Could the congressman shed any light on this development?

Also does anyone know where these papers the guy was taking came from?

James looks for the blueprints in the records room, and finds them. He looks for the secret passages on the map, and finds that part of the blueprints have been ripped off in the top. It's impossible to tell where the passage starts, but the tunnel continues on out of the blueprints.

"I know of an old prohibition tunnel from the corrupt administration that used to control the city." The Congressman says.

Blueprints for Town Hall should be on file here. I would like to find the blueprints. While I'm at it, I would like to pull blueprints for the Department Store, Lighthouse and Hospital.

Any other buildings we should look up while we are here?

I would like to read the papers on the receptionist's desk. Shouldn't be anything critical, but I just want to make sure.

Mayor Bradford goes looking for the blueprints on the Department Store, the Lighthouse, and the Hospital. The hospital and lighthouse blueprints are present, but the Department Store's blueprints have been taken already. Mayor Bradford then reads the papers on the receptionist's desk, but there's nothing of interest written there.

We should look for a plan for the entire town to check for secret tunnels between buildings. Where there are passages, there are probably tunnels.

James has a good idea, but the town plan isn't present either. It appears to have been taken.

Quite a good idea that James. I think that we should-

I would like to check the walls for secret entrances and the floors for trapdoors

Dr.Lloyd checks the walls for secret entrances, but can't find any.

"I'm sure we'll come upon the passage later, but for now, shall we head upstairs?" Congressman Bob asks.

Hmm, well I can't believe everything's been broken into. The note said the the rifle was stolen for a good purpose... could there have been a conflict at the harbor between the the man with the suitcase and suppressed pistol, and the man who stole the rifle? Yet both clips were full...

I wonder, Congressman, would you happen to know of anyone who had a hat like the one we found in the water?

There are still two offices to check here, right?

I would like to see if each office has a name or indication of ownership on the doors or desks, then I would like to get a layout of each office.

And finally I would like to check the desk of the first office, for any notes or papers or suspicious materials.

Hmm, well I can't believe everything's been broken into. The note said the the rifle was stolen for a good purpose... could there have been a conflict at the harbor between the the man with the suitcase and suppressed pistol, and the man who stole the rifle? Yet both clips were full...

I wonder, Congressman, would you happen to know of anyone who had a hat like the one we found in the water?

"I don't recognize the hat exactly, but it's very common." The Congressman says.

There are still two offices to check here, right?

I would like to see if each office has a name or indication of ownership on the doors or desks, then I would like to get a layout of each office.

And finally I would like to check the desk of the first office, for any notes or papers or suspicious materials.

Will looks at the two offices remaining here. One belongs to the Zoning Commissioner, and the other belongs to the Archive Collector. Both offices are identical, with a hat rack near the door, a desk, a few drawers, a lamp, and a window in the back looking out towards the river that's in the back of the Town Hall. Will then checks the desk of the first office, the Zoning Commissioners, and finds a few papers.

Hat racks! I would like to check the hat racks, see if there are any hats on them that perhaps match the hat we found.

I would also like to read the papers, and check the drawers to see if they're unlocked, and it they are, I would like to look through them for anything suspicious, and read any notes I find.

I don't want to do everything though, I'll let someone else check the window and lamp. :grin:

I'll check to make sure the window is locked and that the lamp is just an ordinary lamp. In which direction would the tunnel go and what buildings are that way? I would like to check the desk of the archive collector.

It was a good try. Maybe we'll find a copy of the town plans later. Congressman, would you happen to know where the entrance might be. Even a rough idea or old story about it might help.

If who ever got into the armory before they can do it again. Is there a safer place we can store the files and remaining weapons?

I would like to know what area the tunnel is near.

I'm tempted to run in and check out the other office as well, and compare any differences for clues. As well as check the drawers, desk, window, see if anything is hidden under the lamp-shade or things along those lines. These Communists are tricky, we must search everywhere for any clues.

But I can't do any of what I just said, I'm far too busy checking the hat-rack, papers and drawers. Remember, we can get more done if we all pitch in!

Hat racks! I would like to check the hat racks, see if there are any hats on them that perhaps match the hat we found.

I would also like to read the papers, and check the drawers to see if they're unlocked, and it they are, I would like to look through them for anything suspicious, and read any notes I find.

I don't want to do everything though, I'll let someone else check the window and lamp. :grin:

Since the hat you found is a popular hat, there is a hat like that on the hat rack. Will then looks at the papers, but there's nothing of interest. Opening the drawers, you find a few keys.

I'll check to make sure the window is locked and that the lamp is just an ordinary lamp. In which direction would the tunnel go and what buildings are that way? I would like to check the desk of the archive collector.

It was a good try. Maybe we'll find a copy of the town plans later. Congressman, would you happen to know where the entrance might be. Even a rough idea or old story about it might help.

The window is locked, and the lamp is an ordinary lamp. The tunnel continues North, towards Dieter's, the Hotel, and the Farm.

If who ever got into the armory before they can do it again. Is there a safer place we can store the files and remaining weapons?

I would like to know what area the tunnel is near.

The Jail Cells could be a safer place, but the armory is still likely secured. And I can't tell you where the tunnel is near.

I would like to search for blueprints for the Simmons Farm and Dieter's. Also I would like to check the blueprints of the hotel for evidence of the secret passage.

Don't forget to take those keys, councilman! I wonder what they unlock...

I'd be surprised if there are blueprints for the Simmon's Farm. It's not a public building.

The entrance to any secret tunnel into Town Hall is likely to be through the basement wall, basement floor, or through the floor of the first floor (hope that last statement made sense).

Which office have Will and James searched? I would like to search the top of the desk and the desk drawers of the other office.

Based on what we saw in the basement, does it appear that the basement and the first floor are the same size (e.g. if the first floor is 50 ft by 50 ft, is the basement the same size)? Do all four outside walls of the first floor have windows in them? Does it look like there is any hidden floor space here on the first floor (where a secret passage might be)?

I'd be surprised if there are blueprints for the Simmon's Farm. It's not a public building.

The entrance to any secret tunnel into Town Hall is likely to be through the basement wall, basement floor, or through the floor of the first floor (hope that last statement made sense).

Yeah, but there are zoning laws and such, right? Some sort of government rigmarole might make the plans be here somewhere.

I think you're right Mr. Mayor. I think the entrance must be in the basement, though, because the guy had to get past us when we were all up here on the first floor.

Yeah, but there are zoning laws and such, right? Some sort of government rigmarole might make the plans be here somewhere.

I think you're right Mr. Mayor. I think the entrance must be in the basement, though, because the guy had to get past us when we were all up here on the first floor.

I didn't say that we shouldn't try and find them, just that they might not be here. The more information the better.

Agreed, the basement is the only logical place. I would like to search the roof for a trapdoor.

I would also like to look behind all furniture to check if there is anything hidden

I would like to search for blueprints for the Simmons Farm and Dieter's. Also I would like to check the blueprints of the hotel for evidence of the secret passage.

Don't forget to take those keys, councilman! I wonder what they unlock...

James pulls Dieter's blueprints, but the Simmons Farm blueprints are not present. The hotel blueprints have no trace of a secret passage.

Which office have Will and James searched? I would like to search the top of the desk and the desk drawers of the other office.

Based on what we saw in the basement, does it appear that the basement and the first floor are the same size (e.g. if the first floor is 50 ft by 50 ft, is the basement the same size)? Do all four outside walls of the first floor have windows in them? Does it look like there is any hidden floor space here on the first floor (where a secret passage might be)?

Will and James have searched both offices. The basement and the first floor are the same size, so the secret entrance should be somewhere in the basement.

Agreed, the basement is the only logical place. I would like to search the roof for a trapdoor.

I would also like to look behind all furniture to check if there is anything hidden

Dr.Lloyd moves the furniture around, but there's nothing underneath or hidden.

I would like to search the blueprints of Dieter's to see if there are any traces of the passage. Are there any other buildings that were built about the time of the prohibition?

Congressman, do you have any idea where the passage might lead?

So now we have a decision to make. Do we continue up, and return to the basement to find the secret passage entrance later, or head back downstairs now and forget the rest of Town Hall for now?

Personally, I think we should continue upwards, as the secret passage isn't going anywhere.

Oh, and since the door to the armory was jimmied open, It's a good bet the secret passage entrance isn't in there.

Have we searched everything on this floor yet?

I'd like to go back down to the basement to look for the secret tunnel

I would like to search the blueprints of Dieter's to see if there are any traces of the passage. Are there any other buildings that were built about the time of the prohibition?

Congressman, do you have any idea where the passage might lead?

Dieter's does not have a trace of the passage, meaning that it does not enter Dieter's vicinity.

"All these buildings you see downtown here were constructed during the Roaring' Twenties." Mayor Bradford says. "They were originally a lot smaller."

I'd like to go back down to the basement to look for the secret tunnel

You're overruled.

Everyone proceeds upstairs to the second floor. It's getting late now, and it's probably about four o'clock in the afternoon. Everyone's stomach grumbles due to the lack of a lunch.

"It's getting late." Congressman Bob says. "After we search this floor, we should probably regroup with the others to see what they found out."

The second floor is the Squad room and offices of the town council. Chief Phelps and Mr. Ackerson, since these are your offices perhaps you should go first?