Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Three-A

redscaremysterybanner.png

Note: Please make sure this is your group.

Half the townsfolk left the Town Hall, leaving a group of nine townsfolk, plus the Congressman, remaining to continue searching the Town Hall. There are a few goals that should be solved before the Chapter ends.

1) Who is the mysterious man stealing files?

2) What is the affiliation of the man?

3) What is "X-K2P"

The townsfolk are now on the first floor of the Town Hall.

----------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

Reserves:

-Captain Genero

-Captain Becker

-Capt.JohnPaul

-Mrlegoninja

-Peanuts

I would like to ask the congressman what he knows of this last contingency plan.

"I'm afraid I don't know much. I do know that it's classified at the highest level. I was going to Washington next week to find out just that. Whatever it is, it can't be good." the Congressman says.

"Perhaps there's more files around here somewhere." the Congressman adds.

I would like to confer with Chief Phelps about when we we want to open the armory, after everything else or right now?

I would also like to poll the group wether to start on the roof and go down or start here and go up.

Well, that was worth a try. I would like to search the floor for any more files the intruder may have dropped and if I find any read the contents.

I think we should stick with the original plan and work our way up. I do think we should secure these files before we leave this floor, though.

I would like to confer with Chief Phelps about when we we want to open the armory, after everything else or right now?

I would also like to poll the group wether to start on the roof and go down or start here and go up.

You may confer with Chief Phelps in private message.

"Let's stick with the plan, Officer. We'll have to pass all the other floors on the way to the roof anyway." The Congressman says.

Well, that was worth a try. I would like to search the floor for any more files the intruder may have dropped and if I find any read the contents.

I think we should stick with the original plan and work our way up. I do think we should secure these files before we leave this floor, though.

James looks around on the floor, but no files were dropped. There are five boxes nearby the doorway still.

"Do you think we should lock the files up?" Chief Phelps asks.

I would like to ask everyone to read through the files to find out what type of information the intruder was trying to get and to see if I can find any references to X-K2P. If everyone searches through them it won't take too long.

Yeah, Chief, I think we should put them somewhere safe after we search through them. Don't want to leave them here for our mystery guest to get to again.

I would like to ask everyone to read through the files to find out what type of information the intruder was trying to get and to see if I can find any references to X-K2P. If everyone searches through them it won't take too long.

Yeah, Chief, I think we should put them somewhere safe after we search through them. Don't want to leave them here for our mystery guest to get to again.

I agree with James.

I would like to start reading through the files.

James and Mayor Bradford start looking through the records boxes for important files. They see deeds to houses, birth records, and other important papers. There's nothing in the boxes about X-K2P.

"Perhaps we could find something on the second floor, in the Congressman's temporary office." Mayor Bradford suggests.

The Congressman starts to protest, but thinks better about it.

I would like to help sort through any last papers.

I would like to hold on to the contingency plan so we can lock it up later.

That is of course unless you want to keep it Mr. Congressman.

I would like to know how to get to the second floor from here.

So the intruder wants a bunch of information on us? I wonder if they are government looking for the spies. If they think these papers are important we should make sure to look through them again when we have more time. Perhaps we should lock up the papers and then proceed upstairs?

What's the rush to get to the roof? We'll get there all the same if we stick with the plan and work our way up.

I would like a refresher of the room we're in, what it contains, where to doors are. We're no longer in the basment/cell area, we're in the ground floor, correct?

I'm pretty sure we are on the first floor now (it is a bit confusing, though). Locking up the boxes in one of teh cells is a wonderful idea.

I would like to make sure I have the keys to my desk and filing cabinets.

When we get to the appropriate floor, my officer and I will, uh, check out the armory. I want to drop these weapons off in there. Maybe the boxes will fit in there, too, I think it would be safer than a cell.

I would like to open the armory (when we get there).

If there are any drawers, cabinets, or anything with an openable something behind which items are stored, I would like to open it, and see what's inside.

Can.. can I do that? Or will I have to be more specific? :tongue: Alright, I guess I'll stick with just looking around for now. Yes. <Ahem> Straightens tie.

I thought the armory was on the same floor with the cells, chief.

I would like to check the deeds that are in with the documents for any sign of forgery or to see if all the people who say they own land actually do.

I would like to help sort through any last papers.

I would like to hold on to the contingency plan so we can lock it up later.

That is of course unless you want to keep it Mr. Congressman.

I would like to know how to get to the second floor from here.

"I'll be holding onto the contingency plans, thank you." the Congressman says as he puts the folder into his case.

There's a staircase upstairs nearby

What's the rush to get to the roof? We'll get there all the same if we stick with the plan and work our way up.

I would like a refresher of the room we're in, what it contains, where to doors are. We're no longer in the basment/cell area, we're in the ground floor, correct?

You are on the ground floor. Nearby the entry door is a staircase downstairs, and then a reception area. Towards the back is an staircase leading to the second floor. There's also a records room in the back, as well as a few offices.

I'm pretty sure we are on the first floor now (it is a bit confusing, though). Locking up the boxes in one of teh cells is a wonderful idea.

I would like to make sure I have the keys to my desk and filing cabinets.

Mayor Bradford has all of his keys on his person.

When we get to the appropriate floor, my officer and I will, uh, check out the armory. I want to drop these weapons off in there. Maybe the boxes will fit in there, too, I think it would be safer than a cell.

I would like to open the armory (when we get there).

The group travels downstairs again, carrying the boxes.

"Stay here." Chief Phelps says.

Approaching the Armory Door, he inspects the locks. They appear to have been tampered with, and the armory door opens without the key to the door. Only one rifle is missing, there's a note nearby where the rifle was.

If there are any drawers, cabinets, or anything with an openable something behind which items are stored, I would like to open it, and see what's inside.

Can.. can I do that? Or will I have to be more specific? :tongue: Alright, I guess I'll stick with just looking around for now. Yes. <Ahem> Straightens tie.

Will straightens his tie. There's no available drawers or cabinets nearby.

I thought the armory was on the same floor with the cells, chief.

I would like to check the deeds that are in with the documents for any sign of forgery or to see if all the people who say they own land actually do.

That's unspecific as well. Please specify who you'd like to specifically investigate.

I would like the first floor described to me

The first floor is reception, records, and a few offices. There are two staircases, one leading up, one leading down.

I would like to read the note. I will check the deed for the Simmons farm and the Jefferson's house for signs of forgery and to check if they actually own their land.

Alright, let's see. Once this mysterious note's been read out, we'll go back to the ground floor and look around. We should still investigate the reception area, then the offices. Actually, who knows how long people will be hanging about down here.

Can I go back up the stairs and have the reception area described to me?

After we've investigated the ground floor, we can then make out way up through the floor, investigating away, until we reach the precious roof some of you are so eager to see. :tongue:

Wait. The door was locked when we went upstairs, how'd someone slip past us twice to get the rifle and then vamoose?

I would like to check the room for any other signs of entry like a broken window

I would like to read the note. I will check the deed for the Simmons farm and the Jefferson's house for signs of forgery and to check if they actually own their land.

James picks up the note. It says:

"Hope you don't mind me borrowing this. We're all on the same side here."

He then looks at the deeds to the Simmons Farm and the Jefferson House, but there's no signs of forgery.

Alright, let's see. Once this mysterious note's been read out, we'll go back to the ground floor and look around. We should still investigate the reception area, then the offices. Actually, who knows how long people will be hanging about down here.

Can I go back up the stairs and have the reception area described to me?

After we've investigated the ground floor, we can then make out way up through the floor, investigating away, until we reach the precious roof some of you are so eager to see. :tongue:

As Chief Phelps locks the Armory, the group heads upstairs to the Reception Area. There's a few chairs in front of a desk marked "Reception". There's a few papers on the desk as well.

Wait. The door was locked when we went upstairs, how'd someone slip past us twice to get the rifle and then vamoose?

I would like to check the room for any other signs of entry like a broken window

The armory is a sealed room. Perhaps there's a secret entrance to the Town Hall...Would it be wise to check the blueprints to the Town Hall?

I would like to again check all bins for pieces of interest.

Julie opens the trash bin, but there's nothing in there, as though it was recently emptied out.

Is there a blueprint for the town hall, Mr. Congressman?

I would like to go to the reception area and search the desk.

I would like to search the reception area for an appointment book or anything else of interest, also to know who the receptionist was