Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Ship WIP.

Here's where I'm at with my ship build, full story when complete so please don't ask too many questions.

104_0616.jpg104_0617.jpg104_0618.jpg

still needs tweaking here and there.

and inside.....

104_0619.jpg

104_0620.jpg

104_0621.jpg

would be a lot closer to complete but one of my BL orders was missing 50 pieces so I have to wait a little longer, but coming along nicely. ( IMO )

comments welcome as always.

This is already such a monumental ship. The best is the detailed interior with spiral staircase.

Looks just as brilliant as it did on ANZFOL! Haha, great work, but 50 bricks missing? :pir-sceptic: What BL shop was that, I don't want to be ordering from them!

Really amazing job! Love the details on the inside of the ship, but the deck needs some work still. Like there should be a "Hole" and other things too to make it look more realistic. The colour scheme is pretty niceand the figurhead is..(Well im not sure what it is but it looks good :pir_laugh2: )

The spiral staircase is just brilliant, i only wonder how did you did it? Wonderful job overall, keep us updated. :pir-sweet:

Captain Becker

The missing bricks are on their way just one of those mistakes that sometimes happen.

The stair case is made from 1x4 plates with a black and brown jumpers on top, then stacked and fanned..... if that makes sence.

can be done with 1x3 plate with a stud and jumper for tighter fits.

the figure head is from "Fluffy" from HP forbidden corridor set.

It's looking good. The interior is fabulous for sure!

Although you're going to change a few things, my small points of critic are as follow:

-make the poop deck go flat, not sloped.

-Change the headrails a little. Right now they are first curving downwards, and than slightly upwards. I would make it just downwards.

And adding paws to the figurehead may look great as well.

Still, it's very promising. The interior and the colourscheme both look awesome :thumbup:

EDIT: I think this will suit the frontpage :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Cheers all for comments many of which have been taken on-board ( pun intended )

so here's a little update. and a clue (well a give away really) to who's ship it is.

first my bell.

104_0710.jpg

head rails adjusted.

104_0711.jpg

now stepped not sloped.

104_0712.jpg

Landing craft.

104_0713.jpg

cargo hole.

104_0714.jpg

capstan ( not working yet )

104_0715.jpg

I know the layout is not conventional but hey it's a MOC.....

Nice. So besides being a very well detailed ship, its bluecoats! :pir_laugh2:

That is the first time I've seen a spiral staircase on a lego ship. The quill-pen bottle, desk bed, all of those details, very good! Keep working on it! I cant wait to see finished ship!

:cannon:

head rails adjusted.

I actually meant the white headrails leading to the figurehead. But the rest looks very good now. :thumbup:

And I see a few tiles around one of the masts. Are you planning on tiling the entire deck or just that small part?

Keep it up!

Yeah Captn Zuloo pointed that out too. My bad need to brush up on my sailing ship terminoligy.

As far as Tiles go the gun deck will be completly tiled, but I'm not sure about the main deck, we'll see.... those three stud sections will suck for running the tiles the right way though.

more like this??

104_0716.jpg

Edited by TazManiac

Here's a little update, tile arrangement may change when I have some more 1x6 and 1x2 tiles to stagger the boards.

104_0719.jpg

104_0720.jpg

and the Captain taking a well deserved break.( this hammock design may appear on the gun deck between the cannons)Made from capes it will hold the weight of a fig.

104_0721.jpg

and the Captain taking a well deserved break.( this hammock design may appear on the gun deck between the cannons)Made from capes it will hold the weight of a fig.

104_0721.jpg

you deserve it

great ship !!! :thumbup:

The poop deck is still a bit too wide IMO, and the figurehead could be placed a bit higher (so that is almost touches the bowsprit).

But the tiled deck looks awesome! I also like the two bowchasers and so far the rigging is looking good as well.

And one small tip: usually the bow of the lifeboat is pointed in the same direction as the bow of the big ship.

Good job so far, keep it up! (the hammock pictures is well-deserved indeed :pir-classic: )

still needs a lot of work but here's a sneak peek.

Not really happy with the sails yet and hours of rigging to come.

104_0723.jpg

comment welcome as usual.

Wow, that looks great! How many middle pieces is it long? And I must say, I love the interior details, you have inspired my man-of-war! Keep up the great work!

Wow, that looks great! How many middle pieces is it long? And I must say, I love the interior details, you have inspired my man-of-war! Keep up the great work!

Cheers, only 4 mid sections, next one will be longer so I can widen the top deck more and fit more stuff on it/ in it, but you won't see that project for a while. :pir-classic:

Not really happy with the sails yet and hours of rigging to come.

Yeah you can work a little on that.

You can remove the main sail (as brigs of this era usually didn't have one), make the four course a bit longer towards the deck, and make the other sails shorter so that when looking to the fron, you can see the crow's nests between them.

And the upper yard of the spanker sail usually goes to the main yard of the main mast (not to the main topyard).

For the names of the sails, click here.

But outside of that, the sails look good, and I like the use of sails between the two masts.

I see that you've also worked on the headrails, it looks perfect now :thumbup:

It's becoming a very nice ship and when finished, I think we'll have another frontpage article :pirate:

Is this a better position for the spanker sail? ( I haven't cut a sail yet in-case it's not right yet)

104_0724.jpg

Is this a better position for the spanker sail? ( I haven't cut a sail yet in-case it's not right yet)

Excellent :pir-sweet:

You could make both yards a bit more horizontal (especially the lower one) and then it'll be perfect.

And the other sail is removed correctly as well.

Nice job :thumbup:

While waiting for more bricks to complete the gun deck ect. I've been friggin' in the riggin' as there was not much else to do.

It's getting alot closer to finnished ( still need to cut new sails )

ship_w10.jpg

ship_w11.jpg

ship_w12.jpg

ship_w13.jpg

As you can see Blocksworth's trusted crew are still rigging her up and stocking the stores.

Comments always welcome.

You could make the upper yard of the spanker sail a bit more sloped, as long as the bottom one is horizontal. :pir-classic:

That's the only small point of critic I can give. The rest is perfect, with an excellent rigging!

Good work :thumbup: