obey

MOD: Red Clam

This is my first custom made modular building that I will actually build in real brick. Probably next year. It is a bar/pub. The first floor is mainly inspired by the templebar in Dublin, Ireland. The rest of the building will be kept in 2 grey tones because I dont want it to take to much attention away from the first floor.

The interior is still WIP. Also I don't feel too strong about the roof.

As for the white/lime jalousie I am not sure about the color scheme. Any suggestions?

lddscreenshot8.png

lddscreenshot10.png

lddscreenshot11n.png

lddscreenshot12.png

First off, welcome to EB! Second, I really like this building. I'm assuming this is LDD. The new graphics really make this building look realistic with the brickworks. If you do plan to make this with real bricks, I can't wait! :thumbup:

It's fantastic how you made the model look like it was built out of real bricks.Also,I like the color theme of the floor.

I too wish you welcome to EB and I must say I can't wait to see your design in actual brick, quite a beautiful modular design.

Great job designing and I'm a conformist! 'obey' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is a truly a great LDD design, impressive job obey! default_thumbup.gif I really like the dual-colored levels (red ground floor and grey second floor), and the highlights of lime green are really nice details. I'm also looking forward for this modular building to be realized in brickform.

Thx for the feedback everyone. :)

I'm assuming this is LDD. The new graphics really make this building look realistic with the brickworks.

Yes, it is LDD. I am aware that in real bricks the brickpattern will not be as strongly visible as in digital form but I am planning on slightly twisting the 1x1 plates in different directions(taking advantage of the gaps between pieces) which should make for a nice irregular pattern and will give me a similiar effect.

Excuse the double posting but it is time for an update. The first floor is pretty much done.

Overview:

lddscreenshot17.png

Bar section contains:

• a red version the refridgerator from 10197: Fire Brigade
  • a TV in the upper right corner (probably going with THIS screen)
  • two taps pouring tasty stout
  • a hot dog maker
  • and the top shelf with different types of liquors.

lddscreenshot14.png

Fancy some dart?

lddscreenshot13.png

This beautiful jukebox shamelessly ripped from sonicstarlights medieval type modular building. :grin: Props to him. :thumbup:

lddscreenshot15.png

and of course the seat section:

lddscreenshot16.png

This is a great perfect model :wub:. I love the brick colour and hope you make it for real. Now when you said you wouldnt be able to see the bricks too well, then what about using a mix of old grey and bley? The interior is great and the roof looks fine :classic:.

Thanks, CB

This is a great perfect model :wub:. I love the brick colour and hope you make it for real. Now when you said you wouldnt be able to see the bricks too well, then what about using a mix of old grey and bley? The interior is great and the roof looks fine :classic:.

Thanks, CB

First of all thanks. Unfortunately I already tried to mix the different types of grey tones (old/new ones) with each other. No matter how I put them together it always looked a bit of.

First of all thanks. Unfortunately I already tried to mix the different types of grey tones (old/new ones) with each other. No matter how I put them together it always looked a bit of.

Thats a shame, but it it still looks great :thumbup:. Do you plan on making more?

Thanks, CB

Great MOC, it looks very realistic. I particularly like the interior. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Nice MOC! I can spot some recemblance with the templebar, especially the colourscheme, which is great.

Because it's a computer MOC, you can see the lines between the bricks like clearance, which looks very realistic.

But I doubt if that will look as good in real. But then you can always mix some colours, and the green 1x1 plates above the windows are already a nice touch.

The interior is great as well. I really like the hanging tv screen in there.

Good job :thumbup:

Great interior. I like that dart board and the jukebox. The seats look nice too, but they might be a bit cramped for figs. Nice floor design :thumbup:

Thanks again for the broad feedback.

Since this is my first MOC that will make it into real brick, I have to ask a question to the pros out there regarding orders from bricklink. I am probably best of asking this in my own thread, I guess. I have put together my wanted list with the help of the LDD Manager (great piece of software by the way). Now I can scan through the different shops that have the pieces I want. Now to my question: When I placed my first order, will those pieces disappear from my wanted list or will they appear again when I scan through the next shop? I just want to prevent my self to order certain lots multiple times.

I hope you can help me and thanks in advance.

Thanks again for the broad feedback.

Since this is my first MOC that will make it into real brick, I have to ask a question to the pros out there regarding orders from bricklink. I am probably best of asking this in my own thread, I guess. I have put together my wanted list with the help of the LDD Manager (great piece of software by the way). Now I can scan through the different shops that have the pieces I want. Now to my question: When I placed my first order, will those pieces disappear from my wanted list or will they appear again when I scan through the next shop? I just want to prevent my self to order certain lots multiple times.

I hope you can help me and thanks in advance.

When you make your order, there is a link that will appear on the confirmation page. It will list all the items in the order that appear on your wanted list. From there you can just delete the number you ordered from your wanted list. It took me ages to investigate that link and it's annoying it appears only on the confirmation page as it is very useful and you cant get back to it after you leave the confirmation page.

Update:

The bricks have been ordered a week ago and the first shipment has already arrived. For that, thanks to Brickshop Zeeland in the Netherlands. I am really excited about building my very first MOC.

I already have a lot of new ideas floating around my head or already put down in LDD. My LEGO fever has been running high for the past few weeks. :wub:

I'll be back for further updates soon.

Here a few snapshots of the current status.

dsc000901r.jpg

Today the last of the large shipments from bricklink has arrived. After a cup of coffee I put myself to work.

dsc001501n.jpg

The brickwork came along quite nicely.

dsc003101.jpg

dsc003201.jpg

Finished first floor. Unfortunately the whole construction isn't as stable as I hoped it would be. What can I say: LDD is a nice tool but it does not feature a structural analysis. :laugh:

dsc003501.jpg

dsc004101.jpg

Ground floor WIP

dsc004501.jpg

Ground floor (exterior)

dsc004601.jpg

Union workers enjoying a cold beer (table missing)

dsc004801.jpg

bar section

dsc004901v.jpg

Ground floor + first floor

dsc005701.jpg

Building next to the Green Grocer.

This MOC ist still WIP as there are still a few things missing (2x1 silver grill plates, tables, TV sticker and of course the second floor)

I hope you like what you saw as I will keep this thread updated. :classic:

(could someone please change the title to MOC, thanks)

Wow, obey, this is just great! I did my modular pharmacy just the way you did this, created it digitally first and then ordered the bricks. I love all the details, and the color combinations work great, something I wouldn't have guessed with sand green and tan. And those white and lime awnings...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished. Are you going to make changes on the roof, or leave it as it was originally?

The method you are using, first designing and then ordering all the bricks, is completely dfferent form what I'm used to, but the result is great. I always try to build with what I've got in my hands, although I buy certain sets and parts with a builiding-to-be in mind. But this method works great, and the real-life version is even better than the design.