Shine

Hero Factory 2011

You bring up a somewhat odd issue. I wonder how much HRT content generation and planning takes place under the Design byME team and how much takes place under the Hero Factory team. After all, the story updates have been used to make almost all aspects of the product-- from delays to changes in the parts palette-- fit seamlessly with the Hero Factory story. But then, it might be Hero Factory's simpler and more flexible story that allows for this sort of seamless fit even without the HF team's leadership.

By the way, do you know what we failed to see in the latest HRT update? Changes in the naming and quality-assigning system for heroes. There are still no female names, you can still only assign your hero to be "on mission" with the six heroes from the 2.0 wave, and we still have the same absurd "favorite food" choices (not like those need as urgent an update, but I find it weird that with all the robot-related food items we have "Mexican" just thrown in there).

The Design byME team mostly just facilitates it, as opposed to updates it; they're in charge of matching the software and ensuring the site runs (and the news updates, as opposed to the story updates, which I'm pretty sure come from the HF team). However, most of the funding probably comes from HF instead of DBM, because you don't see this application anywhere else =P.

We actually got a few new names (for instance, you can now add "the" as a middle name, which I'm pretty sure wasn't an option before) but yeah, no female names is fairly disconcerting. I didn't really expect stats thing to be upgraded, but it would be nice.

On an unrelated note, we appear to have found the fourth comic cover from the Russian HF fansite whose link I am now having trouble finding, so, fingers crossed for the whole thing.

Edited by Dorek

On an unrelated note, we appear to have found the fourth comic cover from the Russian HF fansite whose link I am now having trouble finding, so, fingers crossed for the whole thing.

www.probionicle.ru ....That wasn't too hard, was it?

ProBionicle.ru is not HF fansite, but fansite dedicated to all Action Figure themes.

Also, I must to note that info about HF comic #4 has came from Russian social network's 'Vk.com' group of HF fans.

www.probionicle.ru ....That wasn't too hard, was it?

Lol, I lost the link for a sec (had to go to school) and googling "Russian Hero Factory fansite" didn't get me anywhere, so.

ProBionicle.ru is not HF fansite, but fansite dedicated to all Action Figure themes.

Also, I must to note that info about HF comic #4 has came from Russian social network's 'Vk.com' group of HF fans.

Same diff.

Also I thought the social networking people were part of the same group (realistically, they probably are).

Why does Breez have blue limbs in the cover?

Dat Von Nebula. Makes me hope more that Black Phantom is Von Nebula and Fire Lord.

I can't imagine them not reintroducing old villains, but it remains to be seen if this is when it will be.

I feel very out of place here in the Action Figure forum. :look:

But I thought I should mention something. I recently ordered Fangz from the Lego Website, and with it came a free Hero Factory: The TV Series door hanger, and a Rocka 3.0 sticker.

I gave them both to my younger cousin, whose a much bigger Hero Factory fan than I am. Just thought I'd say it here, in case anyone's interested. :classic:

Edited by LandShark

The Design byME team mostly just facilitates it, as opposed to updates it; they're in charge of matching the software and ensuring the site runs (and the news updates, as opposed to the story updates, which I'm pretty sure come from the HF team). However, most of the funding probably comes from HF instead of DBM, because you don't see this application anywhere else =P.

We actually got a few new names (for instance, you can now add "the" as a middle name, which I'm pretty sure wasn't an option before) but yeah, no female names is fairly disconcerting. I didn't really expect stats thing to be upgraded, but it would be nice.

Actually, we have the whole thing.

http://cs5648.userapi.com/u69424014/doc/51725eece20e/Comic_4.pdf

But I thought I should mention something. I recently ordered Fangz from the Lego Website, and with it came a free Hero Factory: The TV Series door hanger, and a Rocka 3.0 sticker.

I gave them both to my younger cousin, whose a much bigger Hero Factory fan than I am. Just thought I'd say it here, in case anyone's interested. :classic:

You got.

What.

RAAAAAAAAEGGGGGGG. At least tell me you got pictures.

Very interesting. General assumption (because of your location marker) being that it wasn't the American version of the website? Funny gifts overall, but kinda cool. Think you could get some pictures of them?

Ehhh.. Go here and click the link.

A news post that I crafted ;D

So Black Phantom must be Von Nubula since the title is "Von Nebula Rising"

...?

This comic is a retelling of the fourth episode of Rise of the Rookies; it has no bearing on the 2012 story.

...?

This comic is a retelling of the fourth episode of Rise of the Rookies; it has no bearing on the 2012 story.

I need to read carefully... :wall:

My apologies :tongue:

Haha, yeah, we still have Comic 7 to go (and yes, there will actually be a comic seven, next LEGO mag issue). Then we'll get stuff about the new line.

You got.

What.

RAAAAAAAAEGGGGGGG. At least tell me you got pictures.

I definitely wasn't expecting that response. It's just a sticker and a door hanger. :sceptic:

Very interesting. General assumption (because of your location marker) being that it wasn't the American version of the website? Funny gifts overall, but kinda cool. Think you could get some pictures of them?

Yes, it was the UK Lego shop. The gifts weren't acknowledged in the order form, so I'm just assuming it was due to Fangz.

Anyway, here's some pictures. There a bit blurry, but I had to do them quickly, and without my cousin seeing. :laugh:

cimg6968.jpg

cimg6969.jpg

Back view of sticker/alternate side of door hanger:

cimg6967.jpg

I've heard of other such gifts being distributed with international LEGO orders (German ones got this 2.0 promo comic) so that's pretty nifty overall. I quite like that door hanger, even if it is a bit out of date =P. Enjoy the fun little goodies.

On an unrelated note, I've only just noticed (Erebus pointed it out to me) that Merrick 3.0 actually has alternating silver armor on his legs. I don't really understand why. I'm not going to make my Fortis 3.0 like that. It's weird.

Haha, yeah, we still have Comic 7 to go (and yes, there will actually be a comic seven, next LEGO mag issue). Then we'll get stuff about the new line.

I hope Comic 7 doesn't differ to much from the Tv Show. It's hard to know what to go by. What do you guys go by, the comic or the tv show?

I hope Comic 7 doesn't differ to much from the Tv Show. It's hard to know what to go by. What do you guys go by, the comic or the tv show?

Well, the comics are just adaptations of the TV show; the only exception, thus far, is comic 5. The working theory is that Comic 5 was initially based around the TV show (which was presumably longer), but for whatever reason, the TV show was scaled back without enough time (or enough money left) to construct an entirely new comic. Rather than make a new comic, they simply published comic 5, but instead of adding the standard "to be continued" tag that they have on every other comic (except for 4, apparently, but that's unrelated), they urge readers to follow the story on HF.com, which they followed up with by quickly banging out a series of web updates that spelled out the rest of the story, but also made sure to distinguish themselves from the events of the comic. So the comics actually do follow the TV story (obviously adapted into a different format, and so omit certain details to keep a page limit), but there was the unfortunate incident of comic 5, which gives everybody a hangup in regards to the comics =P.

I was playing the new Mission: Savage Planet on HeroFactory.com (new game!)

I came up with this reference.

Nice to see LEGO still remembering old sagas :cry_sad:

Very excellent. Although I at first didn't notice it and was too caught up with the wonderfulness of a robot with the last name "Captcha".

I haven't had the patience to play through much of Mission: Savage Planet, so I didn't even realize that there were any side-characters specific to that game. Nice to see that there are, and that they're quite creative in naming!

General question, does anybody have a screenshot of the blurb that the Hero Recon Teaser site, about Merrick Fortis? It's the one thing I didn't think to copy down or anything, and now I have no idea what it says. I have a picture of the website itself, but the wayback machine doesn't have an archive for the teaser site, and I don't have a copy of the text.

General question, does anybody have a screenshot of the blurb that the Hero Recon Teaser site, about Merrick Fortis? It's the one thing I didn't think to copy down or anything, and now I have no idea what it says. I have a picture of the website itself, but the wayback machine doesn't have an archive for the teaser site, and I don't have a copy of the text.

I've tried looking for one myself, and haven't found anything. It's possible someone might have quoted it on BZPower, so when that gets back up we can check that out.

On another note, has anyone purchased the Savage Planet/RotR co-pack from Wal-Mart? If so, what is the comic it says is included? Does it have unique cover art like the BIONICLE comic included with BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn?

I was playing the new Mission: Savage Planet on HeroFactory.com (new game!)

I came up with this reference.

Nice to see LEGO still remembering old sagas :cry_sad:

That gives me hope, if Bionicle's "grandfather" which lasted for two years at most can still be remembered, than Bionicle itself will not be forgotten. Never forget!