Shine

Hero Factory 2011

Just finished watching Savage Planet with my friends; it will be uploaded to youtube later tonight or tommorow. Some thoughts:

It was leaps and bounds better than Ordeal of Fire and RotR. I only have two flaws with the entire movie; Witch Doctor's defeat and Raw-Jaw's voice. His voice was unfitting, and Witch Doctor's defeat was very similar to Von Nebula's, which I did not enjoy. Aside from that, I think this is the best Hero Factory showing on TV yet. The whole movie had a cinematic feel that the other two were lacking. The score has improved, and the characters deliver their lines much better. Corny jokes abound, but they're actually funny and not just stupid; much laughter was had while watching it. I also enjoy how Rocka XL was incorporated; instead of being a ROCKA, POWER UP thing like some had predicted, he was upgraded with spare parts scattered in a cave from destroyed heroes.

Savage Planet is now probably my favorite episode so far. I thought it was pretty funny how the oposing robo ball team was a bunch of Bulk 1.0s. On the subject of Bulk, he was probably featured the least, besides Raw-Jaw who apeared the least probably. But when he did apear, he was pretty funny. I thought Stringer and Nex were pretty funny too. But the single funniest moment is when Rocka runs up toward Witch Doctor, saying to Stormer, "I got him!", and then promptly being owned by Witch Doctor's staff.

The story itself was great, the pace kept the plot moving along very smoothly. Furno and Rocka, In my opinion, were the most featured. After being shunned in Ordeal of Fire, its good to see lots of emphasis on the "hotshot." Rocka almost replaces Furno as the rookie of the team, though Stormer gave him more respect in Ordeal of Fire then Savage Planet, still labeling him as "Kid." Mr. Makuro apears only once, in a flashback, but is mentioned many times by Witch Doctor.

Breez and Surge apear in the flashback as well, indicating that Savage Planet may occur over a year after Ordeal of Fire. Maybe even a couple! Stormer, Surge, and Breez all apear in 2.0 form, not 1.0. So its evident that Aldous' betrayal occured after the upgarde. Also, much to my dismay, Aldous old form is simply one of the minining bots from Ordeal of Fire. Zib, much to my happiness, was actually not overwhelmingly boring like he was in Ordeal of Fire.

Voicing was great in this movie. Furno, Stringer, Stormer, Bulk, Nex, Zib, Furno, and Quadal all retain thier old voice actorrs. I think all those actors are amazing for the characters. Rocka had a pretty good voice actor, I've heard somewhere it is the same actor as Spongebob, but I seriously doubt it. Rocka's voice did seem a bit nasally to me, but it turned out alright. Also, to my surprise, the animals, save Fangz, all talked. Scorpio's was good, but it was weird hearing him talking to me. Raw-Jaw's was just weird. I can't even describe it. Waspix sounded kind of like a female voice actor, but it fit. Fangz just growled. lol.

Witch Doctor was superb. Just like Fire Lord, his voice conveyed his insanity and evilness very well. Despite him saying, "They Said" at least a thousand times in one sentence, his was great. Also, a new intro sequence was created, replacing the now outdated one that was also used in Ordeal of Fire for some reason, though no Savage Planet footage was shown, and Corrder at Rotor apear in it. Overall, my favorite of the Hero Factory series, along with "Ordeal of Fire" and "Enemy Within." Hope you guys enjoy it!

Albeit a new guy around here, I want to chime in as well haha.

Savage Planet was fun to watch! I would like to see Ordeal of Fire and then Savage Planet back to back, as to watch them one after the other. A couple of quick points I want to make.

The Savage Planet doesn't seem nearly as lush as the canister art suggests. The Witch Doctor.. more than half of his lines are of him laughing menacingly. I think those are my only two big complaints. After watching the episode, I really want the Witch Doctor set. The Heroes had some pretty funny lines! I enjoyed the rivalry between the two new guys, Rocka and Furno. And after this episode, Furno has started to grow on me, finally.. as an established, experienced hero. It will be fun to see Rocka climb the ranks in future showings. Like Mesonak mentioned, I liked how Rocka XL came about.. but it doesn't make me want to buy the figure.. Bulk had what seemed like the smallest hero role, unfortunately. I enjoyed seeing Stringer back on the screen!! Another problem I had with this episode was that there was absolutely no rhyme or reason to how the Heroes got their animal trait upgrades. And then, there was almost no emphasis on their animal powers or forms once they were in trouble or battle. So, for me it comes off as an excuse for TLC to just release these guys with an animal update. Regardless, I really enjoyed the episode, and despite the shortcomings of Savage Planet, I'll end up purchasing each set anyway.. :blush:

-MontanaVista

Edited by MontanaVista

Thornraxx? Lego, are you really stopping that low on ideas for names? First we get a second scorpio, now a remix of Thornax

Well there was already Reidak/Pridak/Radiak.

Remember when Raw Jaw was called ...Unnamed beast, or what was it?

At ToyFair, he was called "Mamut", Scorpio was just "Scorpion", and Fangz was "NN".

Do you mean in Savage Planet when they call him Gorrillaphant :D or at Toy fair?

Do they really call him that? Nice! That's what I've been saying he is since he came out! :grin:

Meanwhile on the back of the DVD cover is the mention of "pros Bulk and Stringer and rookies Furno, Nex, and Stormer". A lot of things are confused about whether or not Furno is still a rookie after RotR, and the truth isn't totally obvious, but calling Stormer a rookie is just Critical Research Failure.

Edited by Aanchir

does anyone know where i can watch the Savage Planet ep? i found a part 1 in youtube but the quality really sucks

Yes; as I've said, a friend of mine is currently in the process of rendering/uploading a HQ version. It should be uploaded in the coming days, and when it is, I will post it here. :classic:

Calling it right now, water theme. Some kind of toxic pollutant has transformed all the sea creatures into monsters, and the heroes have to go stop them before they get to Makuhero city and the poison spreads to everyone. Oh and along the way, new hero Reapa (I'm guessing he's the 6th hero) gets infected and becomes Toxic Reapa.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jetslandingboard/BIONICLE/2007/barraki.jpg

Anyways, I checked the prices, and it seems like the big baddie won't be bigger than Witch Doctor, which is a disappointment for me. I'm expecting another Fire Lord design by the looks of the price. (Another disappointment.)

Edited by TheRedGuy

Not sure how are we supposed to predict the design based on price. For what we know, they could revamp the build system once again or make new molds that are more suitable for titans.

For what we know, they could revamp the build system once again or make new molds that are more suitable for titans.

I think that's gonna be a no and a yes :laugh:

Hero Recon Jungle update is up! Woot!

However, as fair warning, I find the way the new weapons are incorporated to be somewhat confusing and I see no sign of Combi-Elements. (However, I may just be looking over something very obvious.)

EDIT: Also, many of the 2.0 pieces that were previously impossible to equip are now there. (Drills! :D)

EDIT2: It seems as though you can't actually upload your heroes or view the gallery. =/ But now we have a lot to look forward to...

Edited by Cyrix

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jetslandingboard/BIONICLE/2007/barraki.jpg

Anyways, I checked the prices, and it seems like the big baddie won't be bigger than Witch Doctor, which is a disappointment for me. I'm expecting another Fire Lord design by the looks of the price. (Another disappointment.)

I personally would prefer that they continue making variations on Fire Lord's design, just so that they have time to master titan builds at that scale. I think Fire Lord himself was a good start, and Rocka XL improves in some ways while becoming worse in others (for instance, his legs are more aesthetically pleasing, but his arm posability is even more limited than Fire Lord's, and his torso is far less cohesive). A lot of people upon seeing Fire Lord immediately assumed that the Hero Factory building system was inherently more limited than BIONICLE's, and I'd like to see set designs that defy that expectation. Once that happens, I can be confident that the new building system is "comprehensive" for action figure sets.

I think that's gonna be a no and a yes :laugh:

Way to build up our anticipation. :grin:

Hero Recon Jungle update is up! Woot!

However, as fair warning, I find the way the new weapons are incorporated to be somewhat confusing and I see no sign of Combi-Elements. (However, I may just be looking over something very obvious.)

EDIT: Also, many of the 2.0 pieces that were previously impossible to equip are now there. (Drills! :D)

EDIT2: It seems as though you can't actually upload your heroes or view the gallery. =/ But now we have a lot to look forward to...

Interesting... I suppose there will be a DesignByMe update very soon that also includes these parts. Any sign of new exclusive elements?

The interface is now kind of confusing, but it seems a lot less constraining than I anticipated (if it indeed works like I think it does; I'm having difficulty getting it to work myself).

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. You can only attach one piece to the arms during the basic armor stage; anything else has to be attached during the tools stage.

Edited by Aanchir

I've not seen any exclusive elements, but the black/silver chest is still available. Hopefully it'll be for a little while longer; one can almost make a complete Merrick Fortis out of the updated interface.

Interesting... I suppose there will be a DesignByMe update very soon that also includes these parts. Any sign of new exclusive elements?

The interface is now kind of confusing, but it seems a lot less constraining than I anticipated (if it indeed works like I think it does; I'm having difficulty getting it to work myself).

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. You can only attach one piece to the arms during the basic armor stage; anything else has to be attached during the tools stage.

Ah, I see now. Another note, now it isn't necessary to have the 2.0 helmet top with the headgear- you can have the headgear and the head by itself. This might be a bug from implementing the 3.0 helms, but I'm not sure.

Iron Knight, I was thinking the same thing, and now you can add the Furno claw to the gun. However, you can't put the lightsaber piece in.

Edited by Cyrix

Ah, I see now. Another note, now it isn't necessary to have the 2.0 helmet top with the headgear- you can have the headgear and the head by itself. This might be a bug from implementing the 3.0 helms, but I'm not sure.

Iron Knight, I was thinking the same thing, and now you can add the Furno claw to the gun. However, you can't put the lightsaber piece in.

You can always just add the claw or saber piece in with Pick-a-Brick, which I also hope updates real soon. Though you could also just have the claw as a separate weapon from the gun, right? That's what I had my last iteration of Fortis have.

EDIT: The gallery's up and I tried to purchase a hero with the black/silver chest. Nope, they're not allowing that to be purchased, unfortunately. Too bad...

Edited by The Iron Knight

Darn shame about the chest piece, but the new jungle update is pretty cool. I just wish they had the combi-elements in more colors; Nex's orange, or Raw-Jaw's red.

On a Recon sidenote, did anybody get a letter with their original orders, signed by some Hero named "Vic Tory"? I've seen a few references to it, but I can't find any pictures of the letter, and I sure didn't get one with my original order.