47 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

index2.jpg

Today I found 3 of the new City Police sets at my local TRU (in Vancouver). I spent all my money this month on Hogwarts, so I only bought the smaller set. This set contains a new police dog truck, and the brand new dog mold!

I looked through all of EB, and couldn't find a review on this yet, so here it is: my first ever review on Eurobricks!

Name: Police Dog Assignment

Set Number: 7285

Pieces: 96

Price: US $12.99 / €7.95 /$17.99CAD

Ages: 5-12

Minifigs: 1

Theme: City 2011

Year of Release: 2011 (although I got mine on November 2010 :tongue: )

The Review

The Box (Front):

5216667344_6bee4e2c12.jpg

The Box (Back):

5216078655_a1f6c32168.jpg

The Contents:

5216667540_1063e42b6b.jpg

New Parts:

5216079013_52e5954b35.jpg

The new dog! Technically, the cap piece isn't new, but this is the first time I've seen it in white.

DDS:

5216078887_5fd2defcbd.jpg

The DDS... I don't mind it, I like the new dog truck logo.

Random Page from the Instruction Manual:

5216078967_a4937fc029.jpg

The instruction booklet came neatly folded with the DDS inside it. It wasn't crumpled.

The Minifig and Dog

5216079097_767000a936.jpg

The police is same as before, but the dog is the gold here!

Dog comparison

5216079229_2a31aecf73.jpg

The front to show the printing; the dog is in the new nougat color, and not the usual brown.

5216079151_847f2186df.jpg

The old dog mold seems to be taller and bigger; since the new dog has larger ears, but is shorter. The new dog looks more realistic though... but I think the old dog looks more 'regal' for a police dog.

Dog truck:

The build for the dog truck is in 2 parts.

The truck:

5216079523_12318917e0.jpg

5216079447_36dee75884.jpg

The dog container:

5216668128_23927c51a8.jpg

The door opens sideways!

5216668068_0ebc2c898c.jpg

The full truck:

5216668374_c5600d84f8.jpg

5216079687_8fd8a031c9.jpg

Here is a comparison of the new dog truck with the dog truck from the last police station:

5216079895_98a69e0f2b.jpg

5216079827_0271d951a6.jpg

The old truck opens in the back, the new one opens on the side:

5216668774_8dfd0bc69e.jpg

Extra Parts:

5216668554_44aee2f11d.jpg

Ratings

Minifigures: 9/10 - I count the dog as a minifig, and I LOVE it! Lost marks for the recycled police figure though.

Pieces: 7/10 - Not many special pieces.

Design: 9/10 - Great design; much better than the old truck!

Playability: 6/10 - Nothing really playable here; but I suppose children like rolling them around yelling 'vroom vroom'.

Price: 4/10 - I would expect this set at $12.99 CAD, it's $5 more expensive than I would've liked; but the dog is so worth it!!!

Overall: 7/10

Hope everyone enjoys this review; it's a pretty worthwhile set to get; although the smaller one comes with all the new police parts: crowbar, backpack, dog... but sadly, my local TRU doesn't carry it yet.

Great review. This is a must have for me!default_laugh_new.gif i like the new dog design, and i will definitely have a fun time modding the truck!default_laugh2.gif

(1st to commentdefault_tong.gif )

Edited by erik530195

Thanks for the review 'tin7_creations', now I like this set and that rear end attachment set up is so simple and I think a first for a Lego vehicle.

Can't wait for these to come to Australia.

Keep on reviewing ! :grin:

Short and sweet review. I was looking at this at my local TRU today. I really like the new dog with more realistic features.

Indexed and poll added. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this neat review tin7! This set looks pretty good for a Police set, it's something different from other 'oft-recycled' Police sets of the past. The new dog mold with print details is sweet. :thumbup:

Thanks for the fast review, tin7_creations!

Good to see some closeups of the new dog. I really like it. :wub:

By the way - it was time to get a new mold for the old dog.

And the new car is better than the one belonging to the police HQ. Thanks for the comparison.default_thumbup.gif

Nice first review! This is better than I thought when the first pictures leaked.

Nice!

OK, I think that truck could be much better.

Probably I'm not going to buy it, but still, thanks for great review.

Aww, dog is so cute ( :wub: ). I'm going to buy 6-8 of them on BL (depends on price).

Now, this old dog looks really ugly. :sick:

Edited by Stardusty

Saw this last week and almost pulled the trigger. I think I prefer the old van for the K-9 units, but it's still worth picking up-- maybe another paddy wagon for all these pesky crooks overrunning the city.

Thank you very much for this great review, tin7_creations! :classic:

I voted for

Average

Con:

-no car doors

-no "Police" sticker at the back of the car

-nothing that overwhelming included

Pro:

-great small set

-good design

-fair price

I like it that TLG makes this police dog's car seperately available and didn't include it in the police station.

So you get the chance to buy some not that expensive extra set and the police station includes two regular police cars.

Klaus-Dieter

148824_180117448666218_100000038925151_682504_4165736_n.jpg

Just did one up today....

Could not wait till the 1st of Dec

LOL

pros:

new brick types

#4259942 (front head light support)

#4598769 (gray flat 1x4 with two pegs on either end) used as front bumper

Also was nice snug fit all around... this aint no megablock build...LOL

Cons:

No car doors? wtf

for an off road looking truck, no suspension axels

All and all, it was a ok 5 min build....it will look nice next to the soon modded cop station (built with two stations into one for greater details)

Great review, tin7_creations! I will definitely get this set when it comes out in the UK. The things I particualrly like about this set are that it has the new dog mold, that looks more realistic and accurate than the old one and also I like the look of the van. :thumbup:

Very well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

I love how this topic appears on the main forum page. "Review: 7285 Police Dog megablocks" :laugh:

Steve

I realy like the new dog mold, it add's more life to it than the old mold. I also like the new truck better, it makes more sense for it to open from the side.

A great review, and your first at that!

keep up the good work.

This is Awesome! but with the new sets where do you get them?

Because my local TRU doesnt have them. :sceptic:

In the US, these are available in TRU stores (but this time of year they sell out almost as fast as they stock them). You can also find them at shop.lego.com and www.toysrus.com

I actually think the old van looks better. This one feels a bit sterile to me. And the dog is definitely cute, but odd. I get that they were going for "young German Shepherd", but it looks a bit kangaroo-mutanty IMO. Maybe this is the Space Police Kangarog unit. Definitely good to have two different dog molds, though.

To those who are looking for them right now, I have seen these in TRU as of last Sunday. They had one or two each of most of the 2011 sets (including Pharaoh's Quest), although it looks like their shelves are constantly being ransacked. Good luck finding a Harry Potter set of any kind - they seem to last about ten minutes on the shelf....