Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter One

Well you won't have me walking very far with my belly full, I say let's just go to the hotel and maybe we can have a wee drink while we're there.

Yes, Hotel sounds good. I don't think communists would take the massive time it takes to so deeply implant themselves that we'd need to search homes. At least until we've searched most of the other places.

Hmm... That sounds about right with the hotel first.

I would like to know the name of the Hotel, how many floors it has and who owns it.

I would also like to take out a notepad and write the locations down and cross off the ones we investigate for future reference.

Now who wants to lead the way?

I would like to know the name of the Hotel, how many floors it has and who owns it.

I would also like to take out a notepad and write the locations down and cross off the ones we investigate for future reference.

The Alabatha Inn is the name of the hotel. It has three floors. There's a cafe on the ground floor, a room on the second floor, and another room on the third floor. The Hotel is owned by Franklin White, who fled town when it was announced that communists were in town.

Officer Harrison then takes out a notepad and writes down the locations.

"Let's see what others have to say before we go off investigating." the Congressman says. "If others agree with the hotel, then we shall go to the hotel."

Commies interesting. I want to take a look at that hotel, fleeing seems strange. I know if I were one I would hide somewhere public.

Yes, the Hotel would be a good place to look.

I would like to know what the outside of the Hotel looks like, and maybe peer inside some windows of the cars parked outside

I would also like to walk with Alan to the Hotel.

So Alan, how's the farm going? I enjoyed those fresh tomatoes you brought me.

Er, Dr. Lloyd doesn't seem to have any residence or business. Shouldn't the Hospital be on the list too? Not suspicious, just asking.

Walking with Ralph...

Ah I'm glad you liked my tomatoes, they're the best on this side of the Mississippi! I'll bring you more when this investigation is over, I don't want Valerie and you to eat those nasty Heinz tins. The farming's been good this year, plenty to go around! Anyway, I hope this investigation is over soon, there's much work still to be done! But we have some catching up to do Ralph, I'm glad that you finally retired, what have you been up to lately?

Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Yup, investigating the hotel sounds like a good plan. Who knows, with the owner gone, the commies could be squatting in there.

I'd like to enter the first floor with the rest of group.

Nothing much, Alan. Just been spending time with my beautiful wife Valerie, and we've grown the most beautiful garden! You should see our Marigolds. I'll bring you a few, if you'd like.

I'd like to follow the Chief inside and look inside the first floor.

Nothing much, Alan. Just been spending time with my beautiful wife Valerie, and we've grown the most beautiful garden! You should see our Marigolds. I'll bring you a few, if you'd like.

To Ralph

Oh I'd like some marigolds, they were Wilma's favourite flower! Did I tell you that we actually met in this very hotel? Oh but I haven't been inside in a while. I wonder if it's changed at all since the time, let's have a look.

Walks inside the hotel.

Yes, the Hotel would be a good place to look.

I would like to know what the outside of the Hotel looks like, and maybe peer inside some windows of the cars parked outside

img_0254.jpg

There are no cars parked along side of the road, so Ralph peers inside the windows of the Cafe on the first floor, and sees construction equipment, as well as stacked tables and chairs. The lights are off, and there is no one inside.

Er, Dr. Lloyd doesn't seem to have any residence or business. Shouldn't the Hospital be on the list too? Not suspicious, just asking.

"I live in the hospital, where I have a room." Dr. Lloyd explains

"The hospital isn't on the list yet for reasons." The Congressman explains.

I'd like to enter the first floor with the rest of group.

I'd like to follow the Chief inside and look inside the first floor.

Walks inside the hotel.

img_0256.jpg

Chief Phelps pulls on the door to try to open it, but it doesn't budge.

"It's locked." Phelps says.

There's a piece of paper on the door.

"Say...where's the Congressman?" Ian asks.

"He was here a second ago." Matt says.

Do you think he was taken, or did he have a reason to flee? :look:

There's a piece of paper on the door.

I'd like to read the note aloud to everyone.

I'd like to scan the ground, to see if there are any signs of the Congressman's footprints.

I'd like to peer inside to see if the congressman has got in.

I'd like to look around the streets to see if the congressman is there if he has not got into the building

I would like to break a window with my walking stick, walk into the Hotel, and unlock the front door.

I'd like to read the note aloud to everyone.

I'd like to scan the ground, to see if there are any signs of the Congressman's footprints.

Patrick snatches up the note from the door. He reads:

"Ted-

I've got your room ready for you and your wife on the third floor as always. I'll be leaving town for awhile though, and I suggest you don't stay too long either. You know where the key is, it's in the usual spot. We're also renovating, so it wouldn't be wise to step into the cafe.

-Frank"

Patrick scans the ground. There appear to be wet footprints heading towards where the Congressman was standing. Then the footprints double back until they dissapate due to the feet getting dry.

I'd like to peer inside to see if the congressman has got in.

I'd like to look around the streets to see if the congressman is there if he has not got into the building

Dr. Lloyd scans the streets. The Congressman isn't inside, and he's not visable on the street.

I would like to break a window with my walking stick, walk into the Hotel, and unlock the front door.

Ralph breaks a window, much to the dismay of the police officers. He unlocks the front door, and lets others in. The floorboards in the cafe appear to be loose, and unstable. It wouldn't be wise for anyone to step inside the cafe. The door to the upper floors is next to them seperate from the cafe. There is no way to get upstairs via the cafe. The door to the upper floors is also locked.

Thunder is heard in the distance, indicating a storm, which would wash away the footprints.

We can't waste time! We can come back here later, but we can't leave the congressman in danger!

I'd like to follow the footprints, hopefully with others coming too

from where the prints started.

I would like to know if there is any accessible furniture around. I would also like to look under any rugs and on all the door frames for the key.

I'm only going if anyone else comes. Don't we kind of need the congressman?

We can't waste time! We can come back here later, but we can't leave the congressman in danger!

I'd like to follow the footprints, hopefully with others coming too

from where the prints started.

Officer Fields quickly rushes to follow the footprints. Nearby the fountain is a briefcase belonging to the Congressman. It starts to rain, washing away the footprints.

I would like to know if there is any accessible furniture around. I would also like to look under any rugs and on all the door frames for the key.

Ralph ignores the note which warns about the stability of the room, and looks around the room. There's tables and chairs stacked up, as well as construction equipment. There key is not in the door frame, and as Ralph looks under a tarp, the loose floors collapse underneath him, sending him down into the basement. Ralph's arms begin to hurt after he hits the basement floor.

retiredsalesman.jpg

"Help!" he calls.

retiredwife.jpg

"Someone help my husband!" Valerie calls.

"Someone help my husband!" Valerie calls.

I'd like to assess whether a man of my age could get down their without any/little difficulty.

I would also like to know what furniture is in the room.

Ow... At least my arm hurts, and isn't numb. That means it's probably not broken. Damn, that smarts though. Help! Someone grab a ladder!

While I am waiting for assistance, I would like to scan the basement and see what is in it and what it looks like.