Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The results from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Adventurer polls. Eurobrick members have spoken:

- The Good: Johnny Thunder (Black pants, tan shirt), 6 out of 16 votes (35%), 15 choices.

- The Bad: Rudo Villano, 5 out of 14 votes (36%), 16 choices.

- The Ugly: a tie between the Yeti and Jun-Chi, 7 out of 17 votes (41%), 4 choices including "they all look like crap".

goodbadugly2.jpg

Summary:

I was a little surprised that classic Johnny Thunder is the most liked hero. He is the most abundant of any adventurer fig contained in approx. 21 sets.

Someone mentioned that Rudo or Max Villano can be compared to an evil twin of Johnny Thunder. This is a comparison that I agree with. In fact, when I first purchased the small River Raft set (5902), I thought it contained another Johnny Thunder, just in different clothes. It wasn't until years later that I realized that the fig is Villano. Villano wears brown pants, a dark grey shirt (with two guns), and a black "down under" adventure hat as opposed to the brown hat worn by Johnny.

And the most debatable of the polls, the Ugly. A few individuals stated that all these OE monsters "looked like crap" and one individual even compared them to baby chew tows. Well, they may not be the best, but I liked them for adding an element of fantasy to the Orient Expedition theme. The Yeti and Jun Chi tied at 41% (7 out of 17 votes each).

For individual polls, click the links below:

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

Look for more polls soon,

Brickster

You seem to have done a good job with these polls Mr Brickster, and for your support of the Adventurers cause, so well done!

Great Job TB!

God Bless,

Nathan

Nothing planned, but I'm sure I'll do more in the future- maybe even another theme. I just watched a moving truck haul away most of my household goods (including Lego), so I'll be away from my collection for a few months while everything is in storage. I plan to take my computer with me so I should be able to post in the interim.

I was a little surprised that classic Johnny Thunder is the most liked hero. He is the most abundant of any adventurer fig contained in approx. 21 sets.
i am surprised also !!! but, are you suggesting that just because he is abundant, he is a less likely choice for the BEST ???

if so, i agree !!! i notice (in myself anyway) that if a piece or minifig is harder to aquire, i desire him more... in turn making it an object of focus for me. and in many cases, i find myself liking the harder-to-get pieces and figs more... its kinda like the hunt or chase is what makes me like them !!! i've always felt that is a quality aspect of the LEGO hobby.

also, if there is a piece/minifig i have a lot of, i tend to get borded with it (no matter how cool it is)... this is not the case with the pieces i have little-to-none of !!!

or it could be that i always want what i can't have !!!

- brickminer

Why was the truck hauling away your LEGO. Brickster? What's going on?

I'm moving.

are you suggesting that just because he is abundant, he is a less likely choice for the BEST ???

Yes, usually the more common the fig, the less popular.

cool, so its not just me !!!

so, is this statement true for the same reasons i suggested in my above post ???

I'm wondering Mr Brickster, what is the purpose of this thread? Was it just to display the results of your polls or is there some form of discussion you'd like to take place here?

I wish you a nice moving ! I think johnny thunder is the ultimate exception concerning figs. One thing first would be that not so many people bought the sets so they don't have a lot of figs. Then I think we must include the "indiana jones" factor, that makes johnny thunder look so cool. In a more recent perspective he does look a lot like Lara Croft's enemy, which makes it a definite must have minifig !

Well, I missed the poll but the results are interesting. I, too, am surprised that Johnny won. Sounds like a cool poll, I'd love to see another.

cool, so its not just me !!!

so, is this statement true for the same reasons i suggested in my above post ???

Nope, its not just you. I am an obsessed rare piece collector. I agree with your reasons and I'm sure Lego does too. I don't think its any coincidence that the rarest figs have been coming in the most expensive sets, do you?

Josh

I'm wondering Mr Brickster, what is the purpose of this thread? Was it just to display the results of your polls or is there some form of discussion you'd like to take place here?

What do you think Phes? Often times, we have a poll, then never discuss the results. This thread is intended to bring the three polls together and discuss the results.

I wish you a nice moving ! I think johnny thunder is the ultimate exception concerning figs. One thing first would be that not so many people bought the sets so they don't have a lot of figs. Then I think we must include the "indiana jones" factor, that makes johnny thunder look so cool. In a more recent perspective he does look a lot like Lara Croft's enemy, which makes it a definite must have minifig !

Thanks Jipay. I think it is the Indiana Jones factor as well, and the Brandon Frasier factor too (star of the mummy). We definately need a new adventure movie in hope that Lego builds to the occasion.

Well, I missed the poll but the results are interesting. I, too, am surprised that Johnny won. Sounds like a cool poll, I'd love to see another.

You can still take the pole Josh. The individual links are listed above.

What do you think Phes? Often times, we have a poll, then never discuss the results. This thread is intended to bring the three polls together and discuss the results.

I think we should close this thread right now! :-D Actually I wasn't sure because this thread seems to be very diversified so I thought I'd give it a kick in the right direction if need be. A good solid kick!

Anyway Mr Brickster, did you have any expectation as to what the results of the poll would be? And if so, how close were those results to your expectations?

Nope, its not just you. I am an obsessed rare piece collector. I agree with your reasons and I'm sure Lego does too. I don't think its any coincidence that the rarest figs have been coming in the most expensive sets, do you?
yes, im a rare piece collector too !!! well, if it fits an MOC im designing anyway !!!

going off forum topic here...

but i loved hunting down the FORESTWOMAN... i think that torso is just beatiful !!! in her case, i think its the pure beauty of the torso's design (coupled with its rarity) that demands the price of 30 USD.

along those same lines, the crusaders maiden torso is gorgeous !!! luckily i still had that piece from my childhood days,... so i didn't have to track it down !!!

the brown vest ascot pirate torso is great also, and pretty rare, although i have acquired two !!!

this thread seems to be very diversified
oops, my bad.

- brickminer

Anyway Mr Brickster, did you have any expectation as to what the results of the poll would be? And if so, how close were those results to your expectations?

I really didn't think the basic Johnny Thunder would make it- but maybe one of his other costumes (like jungle would have scored higher). I particularly thought the OE heroes and villains were very nicely made, esp. the Indian figs and the Chinese guards. They had very nice detail. I've always been partial to the Barron/Sam Sinister as depicted in my avatar. I somewhat like the "bad guys".

Other very nice figs include the mummy and Achu, esp. for rareness.

this thread seems to be very diversified
oops, my bad.

Others make a big issue out of going off topic, but I think it's just part of general discussion. Sooner or later, people go back to the topic at hand.