How do you rate this set?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Speaking of the open pit, the obelisk from the 7307 Flying Mummy Attack sits on a 6x6 dark tan plate, meaning it sits perfectly over the open pit. Maybe this is whay LEGO intended it for, or maybe it's a happy coincidence.

I was pretty quick to dismiss the Pharaoh's Quest sets, after my good friend who had grown up on Adventurers LEGO sets alongside me showed me these new sets in disgust. I really didn't like the gimmick of the biomechanical creatures that felt more like robots than anything else to me. However, after reading your review, I have to say I've somewhat changed my mind - I'll probably forgo the bigger sets like this one to get Star Wars and POTC sets instead, but it does boast a good number of very interesting pieces. All the action features built into the pyramid look great, and I've gotta say they do remind me of the earliest days of Adventurers, which was also set in Egypt. At the end of the day however, I'm sad to say that the Pharaoh's Quest line looks like a mere shadow of its predecessor, and that I would have much preferred more Indiana Jones sets. Still, I will be getting the "Golden Staff Guardians" and "Flying Mummy Attack", as they are smaller sets and I really like the biplane and dirt bike.

I ordered this set from B&N the other night - ahh i can't wait for it to arrive! :grin: I keep coming back to this review to gloat over those Anubis characters that will soon be mine - thanks Hinckley for such a comphrehensive overview of the set! :thumbup:

I just got this set yesterday, and I have to say it is one of the most impressive sets I've ever built.

It's true that there are quite a lot off stickers to put on, but they enhance the set in my opinion and really add that extra little bit of visual impact that makes the set shine.

Looking forward to getting my hands on some of the other PQ sets now...

So, on November 23 I posted on this thread that I "wasn't sure" if I was going to pick up this set.

Well, I did...a couple of weeks ago when TRU had them on sale for 25% off.

Turns out, I really enjoyed the set and the build.

Couple of minor annoyances:

1) folded/crunched instruction sheets...they REALLY need to do something about that!

2) folded/crunched/PEELED OFF stickers...one was stuck to an instruction book! C'mon!

3) something seemed "off" about the half-track...but, I had picked up TWO pyramids, so...I added an extra set of wheels between the two existing sets.

PQ04.jpg

A very quick and easy fix that, IMO, improves the whole look of the vehicle.

And yes, I still LOVE those Anubis warriors and I still want LEGO to make an Anubis battle pack!

I'd been wanting this for months and was able to get it last night. No regrets. It's a beautiful, beautiful set. As an adult, the first Adventurers sets got me re-interested in Lego, so I feel really good about getting this.

I appreciate the review, and I remember reading it when it was first posted, since it really frustrated me that the sets weren't available in Japan, and not even posted on the Japanese Amazon site as a future release.

All is well in the world... I just need that NinjaGo temple and the Pet Shop...

Received word yesterday that THIS SET will be a Black Friday 2011 Target USA Doorbuster... for $64.99! (Same price also for the Portal of Atlantis set, btw)

I passed on this set originally, but that's not a bad price, esp. when you factor in all those beautiful figs!!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Received word yesterday that THIS SET will be a Black Friday 2011 Target USA Doorbuster... for $64.99! (Same price also for the Portal of Atlantis set, btw)

I passed on this set originally, but that's not a bad price, esp. when you factor in all those beautiful figs!!!

Sweet...too bad there aren't any Target stores in Canada, yet. :hmpf_bad:

Great review which convinced me to buy this set. Bought it today and finished building it. It really is great with lots of little aspects kids will love. Though I intend to dismantle it and use it for the interior of my planned museum although that will not be for time yet. I was not too sure about the scorpion but it looks great once built.

I agree with Ogre about the lack of a middle wheel, the addition would make the halftrack far more realistic.

I too just picked up this set on sale at Target for $65. Same price they had it for on black friday only now you don't have to wait in line the night before. :thumbup:

Stopped at a local Target here in socal and they had a bunch of these and all were marked down 30% along with Atlantis Portal too.

Good things come to those who wait... My local Target received a mountain of these for Black Friday, and I waited and waited for them to drop... and finally got mine for $50, PLUS I had a gift card that essentially took the overall price of the pyramid set to $35USD!!

feqkbt.jpg

Funny thing is, they've still got tons of them just sitting around. Hard to believe such a set can't move, even at half price-- it's practically worth it just for the Anubis figs!!

Good things come to those who wait... My local Target received a mountain of these for Black Friday, and I waited and waited for them to drop... and finally got mine for $50, PLUS I had a gift card that essentially took the overall price of the pyramid set to $35USD!!

Funny thing is, they've still got tons of them just sitting around. Hard to believe such a set can't move, even at half price-- it's practically worth it just for the Anubis figs!!

All three of the Targets near me have a huge stockpile of this and Portal of Atlantis. Both 50% off and just sitting there. My wife was like, "hey look half-off lego," but I wasn't too interested in either of those sets. If I felt I could resell them for a decent price I probably would pick some up, but I don't know if that will be happening. Fifty dollars can go to a lot of other Lego sets I actually do want. If the price drops any more, I may consider it.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan! If there was a stockpile of those sets around HERE for $50, I would be all over that, like white on rice!

It's an awesome set, with fantastic figures and, speaking as a fan of PQ, I'm VERY sad to see the line ending. It got zip in the line of respect from LEGO fans overall and it languished on the shelves, overshadowed by the highly-marketed lines of Ninjago and Star Wars.

Now, I'm not saying that there is anything WRONG with THOSE lines...I just think it's a shame that PQ (and Alien Conquest for that matter) didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of "making it" without any real press to back them up.